The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
Have to say. The plastic in the rear of the vehicle feels as cheap as you can get. Trying to access the bottle Jack and I don’t know if I might snap a plastic fitting or not. The storage in the rear door warps when first aid kit has been fitted. The plastic feels like it will scratch extremely easily. Ultimately I will have this area trimmed in a marine grade, stretch carpet for a finish more like my wife’s X3.
So far, that and the slightly laggy software on the head unit are my only negative observations. Both are capable of being solved so no issues there.
Thanks for above.

How are you finding transfer into low range/high range - lock/unlocked centre diff?
Some negative comments re changing between high and low and back - very stiff. Locking the centre diff in either range seems not to be an issue.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for above.

How are you finding transfer into low range/high range - lock/unlocked centre diff?
Some negative comments re changing between high and low and back - very stiff. Locking the centre diff in either range seems not to be an issue.
At the moment, it does feel tight but I would have expected that up front. There a few things to be aware of ie. Keeping the foot off the break during certain operations. Moving the car forward a little if you are not having success. I think practice will be very significant.

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
re: slippery surfaces, try E-Grips (the actual E-Grips and not the knock-off versions.) it is a thin material with VERY high friction that is not actually sticky like glue, and which does not wear ouf or lose its grip over time. Comes in panels or shapes and in different colors that that have and adhesive back. A cell phone with pads on the back will stay on a dash board with quite a slope with out sliding to the floor.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Magic mushroom 5 seat utility yesterday from Jardine, big thank you to those guys for the hand over!

This thing is the absolute nuts! Done 200 miles already. The colour is fantastic, so glad I went with gut instinct and picked it.

Having a few error gremlins pop up here and there, but that's it. Amazing on road performance, i was honestly blown away by how well it cruises at 80. Loads of power.

Its a pleasure to drive, all notions of bad steering went out the window after driving it home... put it this way, id have spent a lot of money to try and get my JK wrangler steering half as good as this.... its precise on the motorway, and coupled with hardly any body roll, makes it very confidence inspiring.

Played around with Low box, centre and F/R lockers in the field. Found they all work fine, the TC lever is just a mechanical one that needs a good positive activation. If anything its easier than my jeep was to get into low

The footrest, absolute non issue. I find it very comfortable (albeit im only 5'10)

Took it to the pub earlier to show a mate. After a test drive round the block, he's on the configurator spec'ing up a fieldmaster!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
re: slippery surfaces, try E-Grips (the actual E-Grips and not the knock-off versions.) it is a thin material with VERY high friction that is not actually sticky like glue, and which does not wear ouf or lose its grip over time. Comes in panels or shapes and in different colors that that have and adhesive back. A cell phone with pads on the back will stay on a dash board with quite a slope with out sliding to the floor.
Do you have a link? Been looking on the European sites and not seen the exact product you refer to.

Reactions: PBD

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Back to back with my old Defender. As cool as the Defender is, the Grenadier confidently holds its own.
Just throwing this out there, but a proper D90 in nice shape is an awesome looking truck. That’s a bit of NA jealousy speaking, but I’m a sucker.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Magic mushroom 5 seat utility yesterday from Jardine, big thank you to those guys for the hand over!

This thing is the absolute nuts! Done 200 miles already. The colour is fantastic, so glad I went with gut instinct and picked it.

Having a few error gremlins pop up here and there, but that's it. Amazing on road performance, i was honestly blown away by how well it cruises at 80. Loads of power.

Its a pleasure to drive, all notions of bad steering went out the window after driving it home... put it this way, id have spent a lot of money to try and get my JK wrangler steering half as good as this.... its precise on the motorway, and coupled with hardly any body roll, makes it very confidence inspiring.

Played around with Low box, centre and F/R lockers in the field. Found they all work fine, the TC lever is just a mechanical one that needs a good positive activation. If anything its easier than my jeep was to get into low

The footrest, absolute non issue. I find it very comfortable (albeit im only 5'10)

Took it to the pub earlier to show a mate. After a test drive round the block, he's on the configurator spec'ing up a fieldmaster!
We are very jealous down here in OZ! And still waiting!!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stay strong, stiff upper lip and all that!

It's worth the wait
Excellent news and congratulations. Diesel or petrol version?

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I just came back from a 900 km trip and I had a good time driving the Grenadier in a little bit. Although I hardly went over 120 km/h it took around 11 litres/100 km.
When slowing down to 90 km/h it is certainly possible to get a straight 9 litres/100 km or even lower. As we all might have known before, the drag seems to be the worst enemy here.
What made me a little bit upset was the fact that I didn’t have enough leg room. I am 1,94 meter but my legs are about abnormal long. When I drive with the seat at the last position it is not possible to arrange the foot on the pedal with a relaxed position of the right leg. This is made worse by the fact that the pedal is positioned slightly to the left of the line a straight leg would have. (LHD)
I will decently need a seat rail extension,
Does anybody encountered similar issues?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
I just came back from a 900 km trip and I had a good time driving the Grenadier in a little bit. Although I hardly went over 120 km/h it took around 11 litres/100 km.
When slowing down to 90 km/h it is certainly possible to get a straight 9 litres/100 km or even lower. As we all might have known before, the drag seems to be the worst enemy here.
What made me a little bit upset was the fact that I didn’t have enough leg room. I am 1,94 meter but my legs are about abnormal long. When I drive with the seat at the last position it is not possible to arrange the foot on the pedal with a relaxed position of the right leg. This is made worse by the fact that the pedal is positioned slightly to the left of the line a straight leg would have. (LHD)
I will decently need a seat rail extension,
Does anybody encountered similar issues?
When I've had cars with suboptimal leg room I make up for it by raising the seat and reclining a bit more. Overall, I felt the grenadier was comfortable during my off road drive but I'm a little shorter than you at 1.88m and skew more arms/torso than legs.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
When I've had cars with suboptimal leg room I make up for it by raising the seat and reclining a bit more. Overall, I felt the grenadier was comfortable during my off road drive but I'm a little shorter than you at 1.88m and skew more arms/torso than legs.
My first thought before the five hour trips yesterday and today was to raise the front end of the seats mount by maybe 20 mm to provide more leg support. But that’s not enough in this case. A good friend of mine is 10 cm short to me while standing but 4 cm higher when seated. My legs would make some models cry if they weren’t that hairy 😀

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
Haha, mine would make some trees cry if not for the hair.

I know there are risers for the front of the seats in my 4runner. Maybe this company could come up with a fit for the IG.

Back
Top Bottom