The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
It's fine - I'm slightly at a loss at those that cover their leather seats with off cuts of old army tents...and are charged more than the OEM seat covers should cost for the privilege....

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So my first impression is I love it. Great to drive ,more than quick enough for me, petrol engine sounds real sweet. I put about 200kg in the back today and the ride was better as I find when empty it’s a bit stiff on pot holed country roads. The sound system I reckon is great but I’m not an expert on sound quality. Seating /driving position is good and I find real comfortable as plenty of adjustments in seats and steering wheel. Climate control works fine cooling or heating real quick as required.
Error messages, TPMS error message is constant and showing back left pressure too high although all good. Intermittent power steering error, intermittent climate control error, intermittent airbag system error, everything seems to be working fine just the messages show different. DAB radio does cut in and out though but this probably a software issue also. Stop start is fine running around town as I did this morning but yesterday trying to pull out onto a very busy A road it didn’t react quick enough for me, so In that situation again I will be turning stop start off. PDC sensors as in my post about electrical gremlins. Sensors going berserk in long vegetation and couldn’t engage drive or reverse and after stopping and starting 4 times until turning sensors off then all good.
wont get to try low range or diff locks for a couple of weeks as otherwise engaged.
But wow what a vehicle. I love it as does my wife and certainly it gets a lot of attention from other 4x4 drivers and pedestrians some of whom have nearly twisted their head off as I’ve driven past. 😂

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
2500km so far and still going all around Italy
Fuel Consumption with Roof Rack and RTT at 130km/h on the Italian Motorways: 14l per 100km; avg with City, country road and some faster Strade Statales: 12l per 100km.
Issues:
- Start/Stop hasn't worked a single time yet
- TPMS warns for "HIGH" Tire pressure, even when the pressure is too low
- Apple Carplay very often disconnects
- Water entry once Windshield left, didn't show up again
- Water entry once 3rd window on the right side, didn't show up again
- of course the well known electrical gremlins from time to time, which will be solved with the June/July software update
- Learning: wait 'til you hear the 3 bings after turning on ignition and you should have more or less zero gremlins. Seems the car needs to go through the startup without interruption by the driver.
- Motor: acceleration and drive feel along with the ZF 8 gear is a dream. Even on the smallest and steepest coastal roads the car always feels mega save and very sovereign
- Toot very helpful in Italy and not so disruptive20230520-L1002462-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet.jpg
- Conclusion: we just love the car!!! Period

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Diesel, I guess?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a small update after approx. 900 km:
- Average diesel consumption: 12.1 litres/100 km.
- On the last few journeys I only had error messages for a few seconds. Today I had an E-Call malfunction, but it disappeared when I turned the ignition on and off.
- Someone had asked about the installation of the dirt flaps front and rear. See pictures. In my opinion they are well fitted. However, my dealer fitted them because I had the vehicle waxed. How they were fitted before that, I don't know.
- The natural frequency of the drive is 1800-1900 rpm. The slight vibrations are still noticeable. But don't worry, some of you probably won't even notice it. It's not really a problem. Every vehicle and every machine has it.
- Someone wanted to see MM from a distance. Attached is a picture with evening sun.
- Unfortunately, the boot does not offer any possibility to store small items. This has been mentioned here several times. I am trying to find a solution to this. I don't want to put a bag or box in it, but use the recesses in front of the panels.
That is how I assumed they should be installed, but they come the other way round making the fender panel thing hang loose.

IMG_7614.jpeg

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m now just over 1,300 miles. I hope I don’t tempt fate but …….. I’ve been clear of erroneous warning messages for over 1,000 miles. I make sure I let all the systems come to life before I start the engine. I can sometimes see the odd error message whilst it is going through this process, but they all clear before I start. My hypothesis is that the battery needed to be fully charged for the systems to fully initialise, and may be it took the first 300 miles to get to this point. I could be wrong.

Fuel consumption is getting better. My long term average is now at 23.9 mpg (UK and diesel)

Overall I’m very happy with it. One thing I have noticed is it doesn’t have very much stowage space for general stuff built in. OK there’s a cubby box, but that gets taken up with wallet, sun glasses (we carry them in the UK because we don’t need to wear them!), phone, etc. There is a glovebox, but it’s small. That’s about it really. To solve this, I’m having some drawers made for the rear.

I’ve got to grips with the central screen and systems. Only took one or two traffic jams on the M6 to get proficient with the options and settings. I don’t miss have the main speedo directly in front of me and it’s now completely natural to look to the side.

I’ve noticed the climate control is a bit agricultural. Initially I thought it didn’t work and a sensor was faulty, but now I’m more inclined to think the system is working, it’s just that it allows the the in-car temperature to rise by a few degrees before cutting in and bringing it down to the set level. This means, over a long journey, it is seemingly hot one minute, and then freezing the next. I notice it more on two/three hour journeys.

Have others noticed this, or is it just me?

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have others noticed this, or is it just me?

My aircon is pretty poor - it’s either set low and blasting or the lowest set temp is 19 and just seems to splutter out air, never goes full blast even if the cabin is boiling. I’m going to raise with the dealer as it’s not right - it’s not working as climate control.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
2500km so far and still going all around Italy
Fuel Consumption with Roof Rack and RTT at 130km/h on the Italian Motorways: 14l per 100km; avg with City, country road and some faster Strade Statales: 12l per 100km.
Issues:
- Start/Stop hasn't worked a single time yet
- TPMS warns for "HIGH" Tire pressure, even when the pressure is too low
- Apple Carplay very often disconnects
- Water entry once Windshield left, didn't show up again
- of course the well known electrical gremlins from time to time, which will be solved with the June/July software update
- Learning: wait 'til you hear the 3 bings after turning on ignition and you should have more or less zero gremlins. Seems the car needs to go through the startup without interruption by the driver.
- Motor: acceleration and drive feel along with the ZF 8 gear is a dream. Even on the smallest and steepest coastal roads the car always feels mega save and very sovereign
- Toot very helpful in Italy and not so disruptiveView attachment 7812950
- Conclusion: we just love the car!!! Period
Great report short and sweet...love the moody setting of your photograph...curious about the yellow ball in the foreground?...happy motoring ;)

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Water entry once Windshield left, didn't show up again
Could you expand on this. Was there water pooling somewhere or was it just a small amount tracking down the interior panelling.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thats what the off road mode is for, turn it on and it turns the sensors off.
I wasn’t exactly offroad. All four wheels were on the tarmac. Just the front bumper was in long grass. Didn’t realise it was so sensitive but once I had worked out what was wrong there is a button at bottom right to disengage parking sensors. All good now I know

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So my first impression is I love it. Great to drive ,more than quick enough for me, petrol engine sounds real sweet. I put about 200kg in the back today and the ride was better as I find when empty it’s a bit stiff on pot holed country roads. The sound system I reckon is great but I’m not an expert on sound quality. Seating /driving position is good and I find real comfortable as plenty of adjustments in seats and steering wheel. Climate control works fine cooling or heating real quick as required.
Error messages, TPMS error message is constant and showing back left pressure too high although all good. Intermittent power steering error, intermittent climate control error, intermittent airbag system error, everything seems to be working fine just the messages show different. DAB radio does cut in and out though but this probably a software issue also. Stop start is fine running around town as I did this morning but yesterday trying to pull out onto a very busy A road it didn’t react quick enough for me, so In that situation again I will be turning stop start off. PDC sensors as in my post about electrical gremlins. Sensors going berserk in long vegetation and couldn’t engage drive or reverse and after stopping and starting 4 times until turning sensors off then all good.
wont get to try low range or diff locks for a couple of weeks as otherwise engaged.
But wow what a vehicle. I love it as does my wife and certainly it gets a lot of attention from other 4x4 drivers and pedestrians some of whom have nearly twisted their head off as I’ve driven past. 😂
Go to the car information page and reset the TPMS values to the values that are on the screen (assuming they are Correct).
That sorts out the TPMS messages

PDC can be turned off for offroad use. Bottom right hand side you see a switch

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So had the car for nearly a week now and would confirm I am just loving it.
I have the same gremlins as already been noted numerous times so wont repeat those.
One area I have got working which I see others have had issues with is power to the Nato plug.
I suspect it was the relay in the boot which had some loose wires or something, but working now and charging the DC/DC in the trailer thankfully.
We are off on a 3.5k trip tomorrow over the Alps and round Italy and will save my detailed impression reports for when I return.
Would have been helpful to have had the roof rack but can't hang on for that.
It tows the expedition trailer just superbly!!
1684744138223.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom