The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Grenadier is (still) hugely speculative. Could fall in a heap... in 1, 2, 5 years time...

Those seeking certainties should probably look elsewhere - and definitely shouldn't look for them on the 'orders' section of the website!
I agree with your first point to some extent. But would early adopters not feel more reassured if at least what they ordered was accurately reflected on the website? My order details have been out of date since July.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As. point of interest, I never received any notification of the delay. Instead I found out through social media channels.
As with everyone else it seems, my build date (Oct) has disappeared from my web account page.
When talking with an Ineos representative at Goodwood I was promised contracts would be issued 'next week'.
Similar to Beormund I have a few decisions to make regarding my old workhorse Mazda B2500. MOT time is due in November.
A

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
I agree with your first point to some extent. But would early adopters not feel more reassured if at least what they ordered was accurately reflected on the website?
Yes, they would.

But Ineos keep moving the goalposts, so…?

Nothing seems certain.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
As. point of interest, I never received any notification of the delay. Instead I found out through social media channels.
As with everyone else it seems, my build date (Oct) has disappeared from my web account page.
When talking with an Ineos representative at Goodwood I was promised contracts would be issued 'next week'.
Similar to Beormund I have a few decisions to make regarding my old workhorse Mazda B2500. MOT time is due in November.
A
the "next week" of IA reminds me of a Kayak trip in partly white water somewhere in Minesota around 1994. Our guide answered our repeatedly asked question how long it will be to the camp site with only one answer "Just behind the next corner..."
This went on for nearly two hours :)

You can change the corner with "dune" or "hill"

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I don't receive a contract by month end or receive it but with a protracted delivery date then I may have to reconsider my options. "Next week" is wearing thin.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Someone who does that will very likely never get to $3k a day.

And when you "spin it out for 6 days" that was probably the last job you had there.

Not all customers are idiots.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for months -- I've been so zen about all this that I haven't even logged on here in some time. I'm super eager to get my Gren, but it'll take the time it takes. I didn't even know people were having issues with communication, or that contracts were on their way to the UK buyers.

Given how hard it is to get childrens advil, other cars, toilet paper, cell phones, and any number of goods that are far simpler than a brand new car company bringing a world-wide rig to market -- which I might add, was a massive chore for well established brands like Ford and Land Rover who have experienced many delays in their own vehicle launches in the last few years -- I'm willing to give Ineos a bit of a break.

Now I shall go back to meditating like a monk while I wait for my 2023 (at the earliest) delivery!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
If I don’t see the vehicle until next year it won’t really bother me. The lack of communication does I have to say. I still have other pressing issues to worry about tbh.
It also gives me more time to consider new vehicles coming out, the Ranger for instance, so this isn’t a threat or anything else it just doesn’t matter to me.

If everyone was getting theirs and I was still being messed about then I would be much more upset. We are all in it together and it’s nothing personal. Especially considering the SNAFU world we are currently living in.

The drop in the pound makes the price rise situation more of a reality and that is the one thing that will have me hitting the refund button very quickly.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
As we approach 1 year since the earliest of us reserved our Grenadiers I am growing concerned at the lack of official communication. The last we heard from Ineos was on the 5th August regarding a small delay. Since then we have not been updated on the production of our Grenadiers and our build slots have disappeared on the portal leaving a lot of people (including myself) wondering what is really happening. A website upgrade should not take 5 days!

I like to think that I have been patient and forgiving with Ineos Automative, given they are a new company launching a new vehicle in difficult global circumstances. But, I have had to contend with a huge amount of hassle trying to place and pay for an order online, change my preferred colour to my second choice to avoid further delays, and still have nothing in writing that confirms my adjusted order details or build slot. I'm trying to hang in there, but really it's not a great experience so far.

I'm still enthusiastic about the vehicle and looking forward to owning it but I am down to the one small runaround car at the moment and really need a second larger car. Do I hire an SUV for a few months, or 6 months? Ineos are not making it easy for me.
What worries me is if we this is the sort of service they give pre sale what could I be like when they have your money. There have been plenty of broken promises that are not vehicle delivery related on my the journey and that worries me. I am still committed but losing faith fast.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess if you were expecting delivery this year and you have plans in place the delays could be very frustrating.

So far my interaction and communication with Ineos and the dealers has been great.
I have phoned the dealer twice and they have been very enthusiastic, interested to chat and have given what information they can.
I logged onto the site back in March, placed my reservation and it went through first time.
I received instant confirmation
I then did 50-100 configuration changes and compared various options
In July Ineos contacted me by email and said that if I wanted an early 2023 build slot I needed to order by end of July. So I did
I received confirmation of my order on the website and an estimated build date of April 2023 followed by an email confirming it.
Received an email on 6th August advising that they were impacted by supply issues which would impact early deliveries but they didn't think it would impact mine.

Since then I have had no reason to contact them and have just left them alone to get on with it.

No frustrations, no worries, no stress.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry
I forgot to mention I received a link to my virtual vehicle order same on 22nd July as well.
Same day as I ordered it.
Delay of 4 minutes from order confirmation to virtual video.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I guess if you were expecting delivery this year and you have plans in place the delays could be very frustrating.

So far my interaction and communication with Ineos and the dealers has been great.
I have phoned the dealer twice and they have been very enthusiastic, interested to chat and have given what information they can.
I logged onto the site back in March, placed my reservation and it went through first time.
I received instant confirmation
I then did 50-100 configuration changes and compared various options
In July Ineos contacted me by email and said that if I wanted an early 2023 build slot I needed to order by end of July. So I did
I received confirmation of my order on the website and an estimated build date of April 2023 followed by an email confirming it.
Received an email on 6th August advising that they were impacted by supply issues which would impact early deliveries but they didn't think it would impact mine.

Since then I have had no reason to contact them and have just left them alone to get on with it.

No frustrations, no worries, no stress.
For most of us it sounds like a good fairy story, I wish I could tell the same.....

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good things come to those that wait

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We are both on the Gold Coast so surprised that our experience would be very different.
What has gone wrong?
Personally not too much to complain, build month used to be October (now moved to ? - will see), didn't get virtual movie of the car (not big deal) send couple emails to Ineos (about minor changes in configuration) , never got any replies, just stopped asking, never got any phone calls from them, (I am not waiting), hopefully will sort it out when we get the contract to sign, (if not - I can live with what I orded), just reading the forum I can see how many people frustrated with the communication issues and I understand how upsetting it can be (this is why I reply on your ordering experience as a fairy story ☺ )
P. S. Let's be patient, Communication could be (and must be) better, but the main thing is it's coming (not easy task to them especially with all the problems around) and looks like it is going to be a great car.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally not too much to complain, build month used to be October (now moved to ? - will see), didn't get virtual movie of the car (not big deal) send couple emails to Ineos (about minor changes in configuration) , never got any replies, just stopped asking, never got any phone calls from them, (I am not waiting), hopefully will sort it out when we get the contract to sign, (if not - I can live with what I orded), just reading the forum I can see how many people frustrated with the communication issues and I understand how upsetting it can be (this is why I reply on your ordering experience as a fairy story ☺ )
P. S. Let's be patient, Communication could be (and must be) better, but the main thing is it's coming (not easy task to them especially with all the problems around) and looks like it is going to be a great car.
That is the problem with social media. One person has a problem, two people reply, 10 people comment and suddenly 21 people have a problem. This is followed up with "I have heard" and bingo.
We have been struggling at work with lead times and price increases and today a customer replied and told us our price was similar to all our opposition, but our delivery was significantly better.
99% of our products are made to order so it was a pleasure to hear this and share it with the team.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Regarding the impatience.... first it said one month delay and October instead of September in my case. Let's face it, even in October the majority will probably not receive their vehicle. In the system, no delivery date is now visible to me, the changes discussed weeks ago are still not visible in the configuration and a contract also needs to be signed prior to production. Once it was said: approx. 6 weeks before the start of production the contract will be submitted. I expect the car with luck before the end of this year and am probably impatient but fine with it.

The add-ons that you have ordered, but which are installed by the local dealer, also take time - there is also time between production and delivery to the dealer.

The communication is poor, too much marketing for new customers - but unfortunately the car concept triggers me unchanged. Thus, for the moment, I keep my purchase intention unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom