The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Tom 77

Production/Transit
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Meine Bestellung wurde am 21. Oktober 2022 getätigt
Meinen Vertrag am 26. Juli unterzeichnet ( ungefähre Auslieferung 30. September laut Vertrag)
18. September: Anruf bei Ineos: Fahrzeugpapiere gedruckt, Auslieferung noch dieses Jahr!

Klingt spannend!

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
I contacted customer support a few weeks ago to see if there was any word/timescale on my vehicle (contract signed 8 July, Scotland). Generic response saying they usually go into production within 60 days of contract signing. Chased up this morning and confirmation that mine is now in production. Whoop whoop! I hope not to be sick of waiting for too much longer!

TB53

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still no Grenny for me.
After the latest Update (I wanted this to be done at the dealer, before I collect the car) my Grenny is "not deliverable" because of a new issue with the airbags. 😢
Got mine, freakin nice car.
Sadly there are still some issues with the airbag OR the indicatorlight.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted customer support a few weeks ago to see if there was any word/timescale on my vehicle (contract signed 8 July, Scotland). Generic response saying they usually go into production within 60 days of contract signing. Chased up this morning and confirmation that mine is now in production. Whoop whoop! I hope not to be sick of waiting for too much longer!
Good afternoon Pete,

Had the call today. Mine arrived at the dealer late last week so, I would expect yours in any minute now.

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pete,

Had the call today. Mine arrived at the dealer late last week so, I would expect yours in any minute now.
Thanks James - trying to keep a lid on the excitement! I hope you thoroughly enjoy yours when you get your hands on it!

oliverwood

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I signed my contract a couple of days after you.
Spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks ago saying I've just had the "Into Production" email and he turned around and said, dont be afraid if I call you next week saying that its here, we've had quite a few like that...

But that was a couple of weeks ago and still no news
I signed contract on July 10th and have chased them numerous times and got no where. Just said more people ahead of you and can’t give a date. How far in advance do they plan. JIT planning ?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
I signed contract on July 10th and have chased them numerous times and got no where. Just said more people ahead of you and can’t give a date. How far in advance do they plan. JIT planning ?
As someone else pointed out on here recently the production facilities use "just in time" manufacturing/assembly So if their supplier of a certain component has a delivery [problem they have to either stop all production and wait (unlikely) or build different spec vehicles.
1695687910529.png

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you, I'm optimistically just waiting for my dealer to ring and say it is here;
BUT
a) we have to do the software update
b) we have to PDI it
c) we have to register it
d) the side steps and tow ball haven't come
Have a nice Christmas anyway

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I signed the contract in early August and they told me it SHOULD go into production in mid-October.

How long does it take on average from the start of production to delivery?

thanks

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I signed the contract in early August and they told me it SHOULD go into production in mid-October.

How long does it take on average from the start of production to delivery?

thanks
Ciao Orso, I think there is no average and we as early birds are not a reference - suggerisco di sentire Gavioli.
BTW I have now ridden 5k km with the Grenadier but still in my account it is in production. ;)

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
I paid the early deposit years ago (2021 I guess) ordered the car on day 1 (18 May 22?) then a few weeks later had to change the spec to a Fieldmaster from the utility wagon I’d didn’t realise wasn’t the same. Production was first going to be Feb 23, then dec 22, then April 23. Contract arrived in July. Web still says ‘in production’ but the car arrived at the dealer today. Looking to collect on Friday.
Hate to say it but I’ll miss some of the pain of waiting. It’s always given me something to look forward to….

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Guys, I wish you all the best. I am one of the early birds and still waiting for handover. The vehicle was produced in January 2023, arrived at the agent in March and still sits there as of today… the vehicle appears to have severe faults and no handover date can be provided. The worst part, however, is that Ineos doesn‘t seem to care, which makes me furious. I have now set myself a deadline. If that deadline is reached and I haven‘t been given a solution and timeline, I‘ll resort to legal measures. Don‘t get me wrong: I absolutely love/loved the concept. However, Ineos are just ruining it through the way they treat their customers and early supporters.

Tom 77

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Meine Bestellung wurde am 21. Oktober 2022 getätigt
Meinen Vertrag am 26. Juli unterzeichnet ( ungefähre Auslieferung 30. September laut Vertrag)
18. September: Anruf bei Ineos: Fahrzeugpapiere gedruckt, Auslieferung noch dieses Jahr!

Klingt spannend!
wurde am 09. Oktober beim Händler angeliefert

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks James - trying to keep a lid on the excitement! I hope you thoroughly enjoy yours when you get your hands on it!
Hope you have had a few weeks of trouble free ownership. I am still sick of waiting!

Reactions: Max

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Closing in on a week since my Gren got dropped off at the port. Knowing it's close hasn't made the wait any easier.

Reactions: Max

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
Hi bemax,
It took me over six months to get my Grenadier from signing the contract to get it.
Don't rush things out.
The car is worth the wait (100%).
I am a HAPPY owner of my car.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hope you have had a few weeks of trouble free ownership. I am still sick of waiting!
Hi Pete,
In All honesty, I haven't picked it up yet. I've been needing to sell another vehicle to fund the IG, but that has now been sold with the funds due to land tomorrow, so should have it before the end of the month.
Hang in there, I'm sure it wont be long!

Back
Top Bottom