The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I can see your point though.. this thread is no longer the hot topic thankfully.
Overall I have found this site to be a massive support and now having the vehicle on my drive, without the experience found on here, I might have been thinking these little, none showstopper gremlins were on my vehicle alone. I would also add that for those who are still waiting I am still looking for excuses to get out and drive mine at any opportunity. A great vehicle and worth the wait for those who were looking for an updated old style Defender.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well some good news today! I had been ringing round dealers looking for a cancelled order that I could get. Today I got a bite!

So its not the same colour, and it doesn’t have the safari windows, the wheels are 18” instead of the 17’s I’d prefer.. But I’d be crazy to wait another 3-4-5-? months for mine to show up… Right? I mean the safari windows are nice but…
And how much over list is the premium to become an early victim*?

*adopter

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still pretty hot for NI members, our first batch has been sitting in Grimsby since 27th April. :mad:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

*adopter
They are holding the original first order price for me which is good! Its fractionally more than mine as it has the High load wiring, and the compass that I didn’t order and no rock sliders so by the time I get them I will be out of pocket..

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

*adopter
I don’t think the official Ineos dealers can charge over list 🤔. Certainly Harwoods at Portsmouth had three cancelled and I understood when I collected mine that they were going for list price

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are holding the original first order price for me which is good! Its fractionally more than mine as it has the High load wiring, and the compass that I didn’t order and no rock sliders so by the time I get them I will be out of pocket..
I wasn't going to bother with the Safari windows but happy I changed my mind. Not saying that without should be a deal breaker. Look at the issues our Belgian colleague is having with his. :ninja:

Reactions: JOB

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Crikey, that’s pretty good. I would be sure tempted if I was you. On the safari windows I think they’d be great in a dry country, but here I can just see them being one water leak after the next.
I don’t think the official Ineos dealers can charge over list 🤔. Certainly Harwoods at Portsmouth had three cancelled and I understood when I collected mine that they were going for list price
Interestingly, Endeavour have two on Auto Trader, both at a chunky premium. Slapped wrists inbound?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crikey, that’s pretty good. I would be sure tempted if I was you. On the safari windows I think they’d be great in a dry country, but here I can just see them being one water leak after the next.

Interestingly, Endeavour have two on Auto Trader, both at a chunky premium. Slapped wrists inbound?

When I collected mine last Friday there were three cancelled of those two were accounted for and I was told that they go for list price 👍🏼

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I’m starting to agree on the safari windows, even if they don’t leak, chuck a wet coat in the back and the next day they’ll be dripping with condensation…..
I’m talking myself into it already!

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m starting to agree on the safari windows, even if they don’t leak, chuck a wet coat in the back and the next day they’ll be dripping with condensation…..
I’m talking myself into it already!
Get it bought and keep your original order. You can always decide to reconsider when car 1 rocks up, you might even be able to spin a profit? This time next year, and all that.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
I decided against the safari windows, one consideration was price and the other was this.

Yes they are nice but at some time in the future, a solid piece of metal is less likely to leak than a sunroof.

The fact they remind me of the ones we used to retrofit in our cars in the 1980’s was also something that put me off a little.

On a plus point they would certainly brighten the cabin up.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised that there are so many completed vehicles showing up for cancelled or unsigned contracts.

The mind boggles, around the disjointed system of contracts/sales and the manufacturing floor.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well some good news today! I had been ringing round dealers looking for a cancelled order that I could get. Today I got a bite!

So its not the same colour, and it doesn’t have the safari windows, the wheels are 18” instead of the 17’s I’d prefer.. But I’d be crazy to wait another 3-4-5-? months for mine to show up… Right? I mean the safari windows are nice but…
Safari windows were a luxury on mine, but I’d now regret not having them..

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
had a "chat" with Ineos today.
question: when will my G be built?
answer: Your G is built and waiting for changes!
Question: when will my contract come out?
answer: You don't have a contract yet? it's coming soon, after that your car will be built! 😂😂

The good thing this afternoon: test drive with Grenadier petrol engine, a dream, I just have to get used to the steering.

still sick of waiting!

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
and congratulations to marcel who was just there and picked up his new G👍

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well the sick of waiting thread might have to be a broken relationship for me.

After all the waiting and false starts with the build and then all going quiet. I got told at the weekend it would be here week commencing the 5th June.

I literally have literally just had an email from the agent at 22.00hrs saying it will being delivered to the garage forecourt at 0900hrs tomorrow morning and when do I want to go and have a look !!

So after all that waiting it turned up earlier than they said…typical Ineos 😃

A crazy journey, which I hope calms down a lot now.

Back
Top Bottom