The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
I think CSR refers to us and how difficult we can be at times...
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Challenges = off-topic diversions that HR will want to enlist you for.
Knowing Sir Jim’s interests, I’d be guessing footballs/bicycles/yachts/racecars for the underprivileged.
Perhaps he runs a soup kitchen on the Boulevard des Moulins?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Wise
A yacht is but a vessel for pouring money into.
My tax accountant once told me a secret trick how to make a small fortune with a yacht.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
you can make a small fortune with yachts.

if you had a big one before

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sick of waiting ...
My question:
  • a delivery yesterday in Germany
  • a delivery the day before yesterday in the UK
  • Tomorrow none, Saturday
  • on Sunday none: Easter
  • on Monday: Easter Monday, therefore none
I hope mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and @Ever Pragmatic the day after (yes, not one day before me 🤪 ) otherwise, at one car per day, I will have to wait forever :mad:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Sick of waiting ...
My question:
I hope mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and @Ever Pragmatic the day after (yes, not one day before me 🤪 ) otherwise, at one car per day, I will have to wait forever :mad:
Cheers to that thought.… I could have spent a splendid Good Friday fettling it and working out how to move the rear seats back…. Bah, even though my software update has been done, it still needs brakes pipes…. At this rate, May could be the month…..! So sick of waiting, will have to endure like everyone else.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cheers to that thought.… I could have spent a splendid Good Friday fettling it and working out how to move the rear seats back…. Bah, even though my software update has been done, it still needs brakes pipes…. At this rate, May could be the month…..! So sick of waiting, will have to endure like everyone else.
I was joking of course, and you are lucky, apparently they tell you what they are waiting for ... the pipes. And I don't mind if you get your car first, really.
I only got as an answer: software update. Soon ... soon ... first another car (at the dealer), than perhaps yours. (I can agree with the other car, perhaps a VIP?).
I felt some anger the last time I visited my dealer, "you again" or "you again who dared to dismount a piece of panel" ... I don't know, but I did it at my "almost own" car!
I am quite disappointed about Ineos and their communication. I hope the car will be quite OK, although I am aware we "the early guys" are Guinea Pigs.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sick of waiting ...
My question:
Are you happy your dealer has been doing enough shouting at Ineos? I have had a bad experience with a dealer, not escalating an issue with the manufacturer. ( I had to wait 13 weeks for a part, in the end spoke direct to manufacturer in Italy and the dealer hadn't bothered to escalate. Manufacturer give me 3 years servicing FOC as an apology)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you happy your dealer has been doing enough shouting at Ineos? I have had a bad experience with a dealer, not escalating an issue with the manufacturer. ( I had to wait 13 weeks for a part, in the end spoke direct to manufacturer in Italy and the dealer hadn't bothered to escalate. Manufacturer give me 3 years servicing FOC as an apology)
I am not sure ... I guess they are stuck like most dealers. Depending solely on the decisions of Ineos.

I have been escalating in my former experiences with big companies in the past, sometimes it helps, sometimes not, It depends how important they think you could be for their reputation! And most "educated experienced" managers know that negative publicity outweighs by a factor 10 or more positive publicity.

Anyway, "sick of waiting", like a child waiting for Santa Claus :ROFLMAO:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I rang the number on the INEOS website yesterday asking where my vehicle was. Today, they returned the call and said it was in PRODUCTION. That means it's been in PRODUCTION at least 10 weeks.

This is a rather bizarre joke, I have lost faith. My concern is once the vehicles are delivered and I am sure they will at some point in the next month, what will happen if components fail or there is a breakdown?

Tomorrow, I shall ask for my deposit back. BTW I signed the contract on the 10th November. If they won't return the deposit, I'll stick with it.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Last edited:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang the number on the INEOS website yesterday asking where my vehicle was. Today, the returned the call and said it was in PRODUCTION. That means it's been in PRODUCTION at least 10 weeks.

This is a rather bizarre joke, I have lost faith. My concern is once the vehicles are delivered and I am sure they will at some point in the next month, what will happen if components fail or there is a breakdown?

Tomorrow, I shall ask for my deposit back. BTW I signed the contract on the 10th November. If they won't return the deposit, I'll stick with it.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
you‘re right to feel like you do.. I’ve paid in full and when I called them last week, I was told it was in transit. I pointed out that it’d been in the dealer since early February.. At least they sent me an email confirming that they’ve receive my money. My plan is to get “really grumpy” with them next week. TBF the dealer has been great, it’s Ineos who are awful at communicating.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
you‘re right to feel like you do.. I’ve paid in full and when I called them last week, I was told it was in transit. I pointed out that it’d been in the dealer since early February.. At least they sent me an email confirming that they’ve receive my money. My plan is to get “really grumpy” with them next week. TBF the dealer has been great, it’s Ineos who are awful at communicating.
I remember your excitement when it was delivered to the dealer. Very unfair way of treating customers, especially in your case after paying the full amount. They need to be truthful in why the vehicles cannot be delivered. Get grumpy, you are entitled to be, you need answers. I hope you get it soon, good luck.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang the number on the INEOS website yesterday asking where my vehicle was. Today, they returned the call and said it was in PRODUCTION. That means it's been in PRODUCTION at least 10 weeks.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
As I understood it, my car was essentially built a couple of months ago, but they we’re waiting for some final parts to complete it. It shows as in production on their system until all parts are assembled. Mine is now completed
Production but is now in the hold phase for final inspections before shipping.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I amnoke with the delays when I have only paid a deposit, but I would be livid if I had paid in full and the delivery was not forthcoming within a couple of days. I believe the UK guy who has his car had to get Lyn Calder the CEO involved to get the payment confirmed and delivery done.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I amnoke with the delays when I have only paid a deposit, but I would be livid if I had paid in full and the delivery was not forthcoming within a couple of days. I believe the UK guy who has his car had to get Lyn Calder the CEO involved to get the payment confirmed and delivery done.
Crazy, do you know why they won't release vehicles? I no longer believe the software bullshit!

Back
Top Bottom