The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your crack (windshields)

If your windshield cracked (please answer honestly)

• Diesel : NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Diesel : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Petrol/Gas: NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Petrol/Gas : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • No crack

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know if this helps. But I’ve got many small chips /impacts in my windscreen non of which has resulted in a crack. I’m in Southern Africa so not needing windscreen heating only plenty of air conditioning. Most are so small that they can’t IMG_9911.jpegbe repaired. Only one I deemed big enough to attempt a repair with the kit I have. All good so far.

Kudamjoe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Not an invitation for our antipodean friends to photograph their arses but rather our windscreens.

I saw a thread on one of the Facebook groups where it seems a common occurrence for a mystery crack to appear in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen. 5 or 6 people reported the exact same thing.

I wasn’t aware of a stone chip but I jumped in one day and saw immediately a 3-4” curving crack that actually follows the shape of the wiper pattern. It’s grown and grown but screen is being replaced tomorrow.

Anyone on here had this?

View attachment 7837313
Yes just happened to mine 3 days ago, no hip or tone hitting it either

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
The chip from a week ago turned into a 18 inch crack less than 30 minutes before Safelite arrived…ugrhhhh

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 52

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
The chip from a week ago turned into a 18 inch crack less than 30 minutes before Safelite arrived…ugrhhhh
If Safelite replaces, very interested in your experience with them (getting cameras to work again, etc). I have a good long crack in mine from the bottom, and delaying repairing with them as (a) didn't know if had any in their inventory, and (b) assume will happen again, so waiting for more 'time'. Live in Colorado. Lots of rocks and cold. Thanks!

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If Safelite replaces, very interested in your experience with them (getting cameras to work again, etc). I have a good long crack in mine from the bottom, and delaying repairing with them as (a) didn't know if had any in their inventory, and (b) assume will happen again, so waiting for more 'time'. Live in Colorado. Lots of rocks and cold. Thanks!
They didn’t have one in stock, but said they will get one. If Safelite becomes a problem I’ll let you know, and likewise if it’s a good experience.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Got a chip, no crack until now. Windscreen will be repaired tomorrow. Replace Windscreen not necessary, but if needed at the moment -> not available……..Germany, Europe ?🤷‍♂️

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Got a chip, no crack until now. Windscreen will be repaired tomorrow. Replace Windscreen not necessary, but if needed at the moment -> not available……..Germany, Europe ?🤷‍♂️
IMG_6258.jpegIMG_6259.jpeg
repaired! Paid by insurance, otherwise 89€…. More or less 1h time, incl. Paperwork

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Man, you Germans have the best stuff, we just have the syringe here in the US.

Reactions: PBD

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They didn’t have one in stock, but said they will get one. If Safelite becomes a problem I’ll let you know, and likewise if it’s a good experience.
They still don’t have one in stock.
I called them back on Tuesday (after a month of waiting)and they said “it’s special order and non refundable, I need approval to order and will call back by end of Wednesday at the latest to confirm.

Still no call back and I just keep getting the runaround on the automated phone system.

The dealer (crown) has them in stock and will install it on Monday, but I’ll need to pay for it upfront and then submit all the insurance paperwork…not really something I want to do, but I guess there’s no other way.

DONT TRY TO USE SAFELITE ON YOUR GRENADIER!!!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer here in Chicago, Knauz, is installing Exoshield on my front windshield. It is like a screen saver for your IPhone! Seems like a cool idea and the cost is about the cost for one replacement window! I am going to give it a try!

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer here in Chicago, Knauz, is installing Exoshield on my front windshield. It is like a screen saver for your IPhone! Seems like a cool idea and the cost is about the cost for one replacement window! I am going to give it a try!

Thank you for sharing! I will do same but also see there are 4 authorized Chicagoland Exoshield installers and I may call them for price comparison.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t scroll thru as I’m at Safelite. Does anyone know the part # for the windshield? Since my rock chip is in my line of sight they are recommending replacement rather than repair. Pic to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpeg
    IMG_2609.jpeg
    694.4 KB · Views: 21

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course the part isn’t in their system. She isn’t sure how long it will be and didn’t recommend filling it. It shouldn’t get worse in the near term but we still have some significant temperature swings so time will tell.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the type of thing I was worried about with a new car…

I went to crown on Monday and they sure had a windshield like they said. But they don’t install windshields and that’s not the type of part you just take with you. They suggested possibly having Safelite buy the part from them or me coordinate them coming out to install it at crown. I haven’t had any spare time to figure this all out, and add likely needing to do the insurance part myself and put up the money first, isn’t really motivating me to move fast.

Seriously WTF is it taking over a month to still not have a new windshield. This wouldn’t happen with a Raptor, Power Wagon, Bronco, Jeep, or G Wagen…any of them would call Safelite and have a new windshield within a day. C’mon Ineos!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
This is the type of thing I was worried about with a new car…

I went to crown on Monday and they sure had a windshield like they said. But they don’t install windshields and that’s not the type of part you just take with you. They suggested possibly having Safelite buy the part from them or me coordinate them coming out to install it at crown. I haven’t had any spare time to figure this all out, and add likely needing to do the insurance part myself and put up the money first, isn’t really motivating me to move fast.

Seriously WTF is it taking over a month to still not have a new windshield. This wouldn’t happen with a Raptor, Power Wagon, Bronco, Jeep, or G Wagen…any of them would call Safelite and have a new windshield within a day. C’mon Ineos!
But you did not buy a Raptor, Power Wagon, Bronco, Jeep or G Wagen so on some occasions you will need to do the ground work to solve issues like this.

Call the spare parts department at your closest Ineos dealer, ask for a quote including the part numbers and availability for the Windscreen and Drain Gutter. In Australia they will give you the following part numbers (but we don't have the ADAS functions so our windscreens will be different)
- Windscreen IE-GRA-7B21-030570 (non-ADAS)
- Drain Gutter IE-GRA-7E21-005990

If you provide the part numbers (and the quote from the dealer where they can be purchased from) to your preferred windscreen installer it will speed up the process of them identifying and purchasing the parts as they probably won't have these details in their system. It will also help prevent them from forgetting to order the drain gutter which needs to be replaced at the same time as the windscreen.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rescheduled my appt w/Safelite for today and they cancelled it. No reason given. I called and got the “they are trying to find the replacement” and “we will call you to schedule once they do find it”…may just call the dealer.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I rescheduled my appt w/Safelite for today and they cancelled it. No reason given. I called and got the “they are trying to find the replacement” and “we will call you to schedule once they do find it”…may just call the dealer.
After a month of trying to get one Safelite told me it was not possible for them. I even said here’s the number for crown, you can buy it from them, and no go.

Still waiting on crown to help coordinate a glass company to come out and install on their premesis, hopefully the same time as the hitch, and hopefully next week.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called KO Ineos about the glass. They said that Safelite should call any dealer to place an order and the dealer will ship to Safelite. I plan on going to Safelite tomorrow and telling them.

Back
Top Bottom