The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your crack (windshields)

If your windshield cracked (please answer honestly)

• Diesel : NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Diesel : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Petrol/Gas: NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Petrol/Gas : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • No crack

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I
I called KO Ineos about the glass. They said that Safelite should call any dealer to place an order and the dealer will ship to Safelite. I plan on going to Safelite tomorrow and telling them.
If you give Safelite a quote from your dealer listing the screen & drain gutter part numbers and prices it will remove any excuse for them to not pull their finger and get it done.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I called KO Ineos about the glass. They said that Safelite should call any dealer to place an order and the dealer will ship to Safelite. I plan on going to Safelite tomorrow and telling them.
This is how it works if you are ordering glass products and specify OE rather than some lesser aftermarket version.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I checked w/Curry and they can do the replacement but did say there is no windshield inventory in the US. Calling Safelite tomorrow for an update. If no word then I will call Curry and schedule with them.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So still no windshield but Safelite is saying that the windshield is “In Transit”. Of course I asked for clarification on what that actually means…Still waiting…

Crack has gotten longer…now about 2.5” or so more than the start.

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    626.5 KB · Views: 28

smbennett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, pulled into the bank parking lot this morning, parked and heard a crack. Yep, windshield. No chip, no impact - just front defrost/footwell heat on low, and not overly cold outside (40 degrees and wet). The crack started about halfway across the drivers side at the bottom of the windshield, and went up about 8-10 inches. Looped back and progressed to almost double over the next 20 minutes right in the driver's line of sight. Really strange pattern and origin.

Called the Ineos dealer I purchased from, and they ordered a replacement right away. I believe they have a third party service they use for glass replacement...

IMG_0796.jpg

Last edited:

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
My loaner has a decent crack. Definitely from a stone impact.

Aftersales team have indicated windscreen approx. $1150 + fitment.

IMG_9398.jpeg

Looking for a windscreen guard for outback travel

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
My loaner has a decent crack. Definitely from a stone impact.

Aftersales team have indicated windscreen approx. $1150 + fitment.

View attachment 7852793

Looking for a windscreen guard for outback travel
That price seems a bargain compared to what I was quoted in Jan, $2054 including drain gutter plus fitment.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, pulled into the bank parking lot this morning, parked and heard a crack. Yep, windshield. No chip, no impact - just front defrost/footwell heat on low, and not overly cold outside (40 degrees and wet). The crack started about halfway across the drivers side at the bottom of the windshield, and went up about 8-10 inches. Looped back and progressed to almost double over the next 20 minutes right in the driver's line of sight. Really strange pattern and origin.

Called the Ineos dealer I purchased from, and they ordered a replacement right away. I believe they have a third party service they use for glass replacement...

View attachment 7852645
Who is your dealer?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the South Carolina heat yesterday “enhanced” the crack in my windshield. Originally started as a chip with a small crack to the left. The crack expanded about 6” to the left by the time I left a few days ago. This is what I have to look at the entire 12-13 hour ride home.

Luckily, I should have a new windshield soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the South Carolina heat yesterday “enhanced” the crack in my windshield. Originally started as a chip with a small crack to the left. The crack expanded about 6” to the left by the time I left a few days ago. This is what I have to look at the entire 12-13 hour ride home.

Luckily, I should have a new windshield soon.
I hope you get a replacement windshield soon.

Back
Top Bottom