The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

See Through Glass on-road video review (UK)

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
I read about this guy. Here’s how bad the state of YouTube car reviewing has become. This guy has amassed so much revenue from YouTube to own a million dollar car collection! Literally zero knowledge beyond the ability to get keys to high end cars and prattle on in an indecipherable mumble of some form of English language (barely). Manufacturers have to see how off-putting these characters are…don’t they?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I read about this guy. Here’s how bad the state of YouTube car reviewing has become. This guy has amassed so much revenue from YouTube to own a million dollar car collection! Literally zero knowledge beyond the ability to get keys to high end cars and prattle on in an indecipherable mumble of some form of English language (barely). Manufacturers have to see how off-putting these characters are…don’t they?
He does speak fast in a very excited fashion, but it is English. I see he drove into Chipping Norton, and not Daylesford, a very expensive far shop in the Cotswolds. A certain Mr Clarkson farms at Chadlington which is very close to Chippy. As you have all said the on road experience looks to be very good.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Looking at how this chap drives on a country road at 50mph, the steering looks ok to me.
Good video of the internals. I kept waiting for him to give me details but all he did was talk endlessly about people from Daylesford buying one!

Anyway- watching him drive one handed at 100kph on the tarmac and only a few small movements of the steering wheel.

He did once very briefly mention some vagueness of steering on road but only in passing and he did not elaborate the point at all.

Maybe it was the camera but, the saddle leather steering wheel had a lovely reddish colour.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good video of the internals. I kept waiting for him to give me details but all he did was talk endlessly about people from Daylesford buying one!

Anyway- watching him drive one handed at 100kph on the tarmac and only a few small movements of the steering wheel.

He did once very briefly mention some vagueness of steering on road but only in passing and he did not elaborate the point at all.

Maybe it was the camera but, the saddle leather steering wheel had a lovely reddish colour.
I think he referred to the wheel colour as burgundy

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, absolute light weight... but it was quite reassuring to see him driving along on the road, one hand on the steering wheel, not really focusing on the road and the Grenadier sitting on the road with perfect manners

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Pretty ironic that such a terrible reviewer can inadvertently provide a reassuring review! Stable steering. No unnecessary frills. Spacious and comfortable interior. Analog experience as intended. The saddle leather even checks out! Amazing! I find myself reassured and more confident with my choices. Perhaps I owe this nut job an apology. He is playing 4D chess? (Joking)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I enjoyed the video. Of course, it is not a contribution that explains the technical background. And maybe the author doesn't have the knowledge to do that himself. But it is a refreshing contribution from a different perspective. Here in the forum, some are unhappy that journalists who mainly drive and "test" road vehicles had a less than positive opinion of the Grenadier and were upset about little things that are necessary for off-road driving. Here we have someone who obviously drives road vehicles and drives his Jaguar, without denying that there is a market for the Grenadier. Incidentally, his English was easy for me to understand.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I enjoyed the video. Of course, it is not a contribution that explains the technical background. And maybe the author doesn't have the knowledge to do that himself. But it is a refreshing contribution from a different perspective. Here in the forum, some are unhappy that journalists who mainly drive and "test" road vehicles had a less than positive opinion of the Grenadier and were upset about little things that are necessary for off-road driving. Here we have someone who obviously drives road vehicles and drives his Jaguar, without denying that there is a market for the Grenadier. Incidentally, his English was easy for me to understand.
I agree. He isn't pretending to be a 4wd expert.
He is embracing the son of rich parents who has lived a spoilt and rich life.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Luckily I stumbled upon this review of a reviewer. Or social media grifter...
The guy that within 2 minutes would make you leave the pub rather than listen to him prattle on like a flowery twat!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
another use for duct tape found - attaching flowery twats' hands to steering wheels.

why does anyone remove their grip of steering wheel while driving - should have a deadman switch attached that activates the brakes if grip released or for incessant inane chat.

Back
Top Bottom