The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Security Safe

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a locking security safe of any kind in their Grenadier? I’m currently looking for options for the rear cargo area. It would be used for locking valuables, particularly rifles on hunting or shooting trips. There is about 40” width and 33” of depth to work with the back of the IG. I’ve found a couple options that might fit. Also, a 6 or 7” tall option would also be level with the folded down rear seats.

This SnapSafe model is nice that it’s a locking pull out drawer. 40”x22”x6” exterior dimensions.

IMG_3236.jpeg

I’ve also found this SecureIt model Fast Box 40 which has a door instead of a drawer. 40.25”x13”x6.75” is exterior dimensions.

IMG_3235.jpeg

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Check Blacksheep they offer one that fits in the space under the seat. Looks pretty boss.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
It doesn’t hurt to have more options for secure storage. Thanks
Hi Archerwolf, I ordered this locking single drawer set up from Diabolical Inc. It consists of a slide floor and top that combined provide a double locked secure drawer that is the same exact height of the rear seat backs when down, which is 7 1/4". Mine should be delivered to me tomorrow, so if you need any more photos or measurements just let me know. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It doesn’t hurt to have more options for secure storage. Thanks
Hi archerwolf, For your information, the raised tie down rails on either side of the drawer can also be left off when you install the drawer set up. The drawer set up is all aluminum and the slide glides are each rated at 250 lbs each and have lifetime warranties. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The diabolical inc solution looks great but at $2400 for a single drawer with cover, the price is steep.
HI archerwolf, I understand the price is up there, however the way I look at it I am getting a lot for the value.. Gun Safe, Gear storage, floor leveler, sleeping platform and a base camp for outdoor camping and exploring. There are a lot of options out there. This is just the one I choose for my particular build. If I had the time I would have made my own custom bespoke one, however at 72 time for me is getting a bit more precious. DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
You should check out my drawer post on the over landing forum. I have used truck vaults for years in my other SUV’s for gun storage. They are expensive but very secure and easy to use with their combination lock.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 23

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I love TruckVaults but they have gotten darn expensive. I was going to find a local woodworker and have one made as all the ones I see fit for IG are more storage and less vault. Then today I came across this one. When I visited the site, I got a 10% off coupon which about covered tax and shipping. When I get it and have it in the IG, I'll take some pictures. https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...security-drawer-w-shelf-universal/?sku=364-01 Tuffy.jpg

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Im curious what the height of the Tuffy is without those rails on top installed. The dimensions are listed as 10” tall overall so I wonder if it might be closer to 7” or 8” without those top rails, making it even with the folded down seats.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I will take some measurements when it arrives. The website isn't very informative. If you look at the install instructions there seem to be some screw posts that extend up from the top and may make it difficult to have a smooth top with out the rails.

Local time
Reaction score
I have a Tuffy Locking Console and Tool box in my Land Rover. They make great products and they are very secure. I look forward to hearing your report.

Back
Top Bottom