The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safety Systems

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I don’t mind many of the safety devices. We all like to think we are the safest drivers in the planet but my guess is we aren’t. As I am getting older I find I miss more things, I don’t always see the deer in the headlights quite a quickly as I used to. But I am not buying this vehicle to put 30000 miles a year on, I would get a Subaru for that. I am buying this to explore, and that is generally the time I am most observant. Same as when I am towing or any other time I will be using it. I will say that I would like to have a smart cruise control though. That is very easy to get used to.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Same in Gremany.

But 80 euros fine is a joke. I'm no friend of restrictive regulation. But the cell phones in traffic are a plague and should be fought much more consistently. Playing with a mobile phone at 30 meters / second is a crime, imho.
$1,078 and 4 demerit points here (you get 13 points total)
Even if you just have it sitting in your lap

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
.... We all like to think we are the safest drivers in the planet but my guess is we aren’t. As I am getting older I find I miss more things, I don’t always see the ...
That's why I say to my family and friends that the Grenadier will be my last car (if I keep it as long as the others) ... I don't think I will still have the capabilities I have now, and I don't have the same capabilities as when I was 40 years old.

I have a zero "in fault" accident record.

The last one was 10 years ago, my youngest son sitting next to me, and I explained him: "this STOP sign? NOBODY respects it, besides me". (wasn't a lie!). Therefore I stopped. BOOOOOM
The driver of the car behind me asked me: "why did you stop, there wasn't any car coming?".
I showed him the STOP sign.
Luckily for me (and for him) he had an insurance.

But I can't count the situations that I thought "how stupid was I behaving here" ... and I had luck! Recently I was distracted and almost ... never say never, never say you are a good driver, ...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When was your last Tas visit? Place is overrun with climate refugees from the mainland!
Former Launie resident. Leg pulling is with affection, unless of course you’re a Southerner.
As a Bell Bay industrialist was at the delinquent end of the ESG spectrum at the time. Hopefully the refugees don’t mind a bit of mercury in their fish n chips.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Well, thank the lord for that!!! I’d have seriously considered going electric hatchback shopping trolley if the Grenadier had been made with all that total 5 star stuff. And then used the Series 2a for the fun bit!

At 81¾, I learnt to drive legally (1958, for the mathematically challenged) on vehicles so primitive & poorly maintained (WW2 saw to that!) that I guess many present day drivers wouldn’t or couldn’t manage. Not a criticism here – the point is that we were (and had to be) acutely aware that all errors were our responsibility. For me, it is still the same…… motorway lane wandering – my fault, don’t need a nanny gadget to say so.

Airbags, seat belts? Well, I suppose so, they couldn't sell the thing without and MoTs would be interesting, but their lack wouldn’t bother me.

However, that’s me and everyone is just as entitled to their ideas as me. And, like me, if the Grenadier comes up to your ideals, go for it - if it doesn’t, go find something that does.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Former Launie resident. Leg pulling is with affection, unless of course you’re a Southerner.
As a Bell Bay industrialist was at the delinquent end of the ESG spectrum at the time. Hopefully the refugees don’t mind a bit of mercury in their fish n chips.
So you were at Bell-end 😁
The fish problem now is not mercury , it's the dirty salmon.

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Here's an explanation from my (Australian) rating agency, ANCAP:

https://www.ancap.com.au/understanding-safety-features

The combination of a sound structure, good restraint systems and active safety assist technologies provide the best chance of survival in a crash. You may even avoid one altogether.The safety of a car is based around:Structural integrity – how the shell of a vehicle withstands and channels crash forces away from occupants. This varies substantially from make to make and model to model. A sound structure is vital when it comes to saving lives.Passive safety features – built-in safety features such as airbags, antilock braking systems (ABS), electronic stability control (ESC), seat belts and seat belt pre-tensioners help prevent or manage the forces of impact. All are critical features.Safety assist technologies – semi-autonomous and autonomous safety technologies which assist the driver in avoiding or reducing the severity of a crash. These include blind spot monitoring (BSM) autonomous emergency braking (AEB), active lane keep assist (LKA) and intelligent speed adaptation (ISA).
INEOS have had their ADAS team working on this stuff for a while so markets/industries that have specific safety requirements can be served. Here's one of the job specs https://careers.ineos.com/jobs/Active-Safety-Engineer_9286/details

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bit rude calling him a bell end just because he lived at Launie for a while mate.

😉
Didn't call him one : anyway as he implied, it's just Tassie banter! We are thick skinned down here , which is why we don't moan about the cold like Queenslanders 😁

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Lat time was there (Hobart) I was running the Army Reserve depot over the river and the bridge fell down.
Well it's about time you took a chance and discovered what hangs off our shrubs!

Back
Top Bottom