The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safety Systems

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
If "they" know where you live, who you live with, how much you earn and all your medical history (plus much much more) why does it matter if they know where you go and if you have an accident?
What if they use that information to put you at the scene, and you are innocent... guilt by location is not something I like much... or just being guilty :devilish:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
🤨
Just a thought:
- replacement of parts in the steering system…
- some changes to the braking system…
- some last minute changes to the software…
- the information that the lane assistant will use the brakes and not a part of the steering to get the car back on lane…

Has anyone seen a camera mounted in the (windscreen of the) cars which are at the dealers site already?
I'm reminded of this:

View: https://twitter.com/MLovetube2/status/1645502553826926593?s=20

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I had a brief talk with my dealer today as my car finally arrived at his site 😍
I asked absolut my suspicions regarding e-call and lane assistant.
He told me that those cars delivered by now will not have lane assistance (and no e call neither if I remember right) but all cars delivered from September onwards will have it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He told me that those cars delivered by now will not have lane assistance (and no e call neither if I remember right) but all cars delivered from September onwards will have it.
when are you going to visit your car?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
when are you going to visit your car?
This week I am on holiday with the family and the week after is fully booked 😕. But in two weeks I have a business conference near the dealer. I hope till then everything is ready and I can take it straight with me.
If not I will visit it then and give it a big hug. I got some pictures today and I discovered that I got the air lines outside (forgot the name) as a curtesy of Ineos. But the table is still missing…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As long as the table is missing, they will not deliver the car, because the software will generate an error message :eek: 🤪
Jean! Would you please behave and give me one day of happiness!

I heard about some problems that delay the deliveries and I could not believe at least one of them.
Cars with a roof bar or carrier are likely to wait until May because there hasn’t been delivered enough materials… maybe it will be the same with the tables.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean! Would you please behave and give me one day of happiness!

I heard about some problems that delay the deliveries and I could not believe at least one of them.
Cars with a roof bar or carrier are likely to wait until May because there hasn’t been delivered enough materials… maybe it will be the same with the tables.
I apologize, I am really happy for you. :love:
But you make me unhappy too :mad:, I ordered roof bars and the off-road recovery kit :eek::ROFLMAO:
I told my dealer that they shouldn't mount the roof bars, because I will anyway dismount them!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I apologize, I am really happy for you. :love:
But you make me unhappy too :mad:, I ordered roof bars and the off-road recovery kit :eek::ROFLMAO:
I told my dealer that they shouldn't mount the roof bars, because I will anyway dismount them!
Sorry for making you unhappy. I send you a „relax a bit picture“ as an apology!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 21

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations. 👏
I thought the deadline for eCall was well gone ~ and it certainly was in the UK manual.

Maybe the latest type approvals are for these September changes.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations. 👏

I thought the deadline for eCall was well gone ~ and it certainly was in the UK manual.

I thought ecall was already now legally required now on EU and UK cars. Had it on the wife's company Astra a decade ago, OneStar or something or other. I like it, had user friendly operatives on the other end, and did general enquiries as well. What I couldn't understand where we live there was/is no mobile network reception but OneStar worked outside the house.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations. 👏

I thought so too. But I understood it this way. @Jean Mercier : has your car e-call integrated in the roof panel?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought so too. But I understood it this way. @Jean Mercier : has your car e-call integrated in the roof panel?
Well, you make me doubt, because I didn't "look at it", but I am almost sure it has. I don't know if I want to pass by and look at it before I get my "pick-up" call, because I am sick of waiting and pissed off with the non-communication of Ineos!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, you make me doubt, because I didn't "look at it", but I am almost sure it has. I don't know if I want to pass by and look at it before I get my "pick-up" call, because I am sick of waiting and pissed off with the non-communication of Ineos!
Please have a look
1681250819164.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax : I looked at the pictures of your car, and you have the same, unless it is in both our cars a fake eCall.
I didn’t see my car live by now. The photos have been made by some nice person from the dealer. That’s why I didn’t know which exact location the e-call has. And the pictures are not that high resulted that I could read it.
I appreciate your efforts! Thanks a lot

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t see my car live by now. The photos have been made by some nice person from the dealer. That’s why I didn’t know which exact location the e-call has. And the pictures are not that high resulted that I could read it.
I appreciate your efforts! Thanks a lot
I thought all cars made after April 2018 and sold in EU and UK are required to have ecall. Our Fiat was made just before April and registered June 2018 doesn't. Then they discontinued that model!!

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
What if they use that information to put you at the scene, and you are innocent... guilt by location is not something I like much... or just being guilty :devilish:
And you have an ALEXA too??

Back
Top Bottom