The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari windows for safe ventilation

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
I've ordered the roof bars, front one set well forward due to light bar, need a third ideally but would prefer a 3/4 rack and keep the light bar on the front one or mount in a different style.

Will see what 3/4 racks come along.
I plan to do the same with the roof bars, and have three. A lesson learned with my previous Defender. I was hoping to be able to request the extra bar as part of my order but at this stage it doesn't look likely. As a dealer fit option I am assuming it won't be too difficult to arrange when the IG arrives.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
I plan to do the same with the roof bars, and have three. A lesson learned with my previous Defender. I was hoping to be able to request the extra bar as part of my order but at this stage it doesn't look likely. As a dealer fit option I am assuming it won't be too difficult to arrange when the IG arrives.
Yeh I plan on doing the same. I'm assuming the dealers will just be getting a massive bulk load of the cross bars

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Wrench in my plans: "Maximises the ability to safely secure cargo on the roof or attach a wide range of accessories such as bike carriers, kayak mounts, jerry can holders or even a rooftop tent. When fitted, the Full-Length Roof Rack does not allow the Safari Windows to be tilted or removed."

I find this a little surprising considering the configurator shows pics of them open. At least I am in the US and I am sure that someone will post some real info once they are available everywhere else.
Good morning. I was informed by my South African IG agent in October 22 that it is possible to open the safari window with a full roof rack fitted. And as a result, with their knowledge have ordered the windows and full roof rack.

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
They have a 3/4 rack under development at the moment
As the bars on that rack run from front to back cutting bits out might be difficult
One of the reasons I am looking at the frontrunner rack as the bars run across the vehicle and you can take the first few out so the windows work
Thanks, I currently have à Frontrunner rack on my Iveco Massif so could keep it...

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I’ve decided against the safari windows.

If they had a dedicated screen to block out the sun I may have considered them. But as they are you’ll cook during the summer.

I’m very surprised Ineos didn’t offer a 3/4 rack to clear the safari window. Thought that would have been a no brainer?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve decided against the safari windows.

If they had a dedicated screen to block out the sun I may have considered them. But as they are you’ll cook during the summer.

I’m very surprised Ineos didn’t offer a 3/4 rack to clear the safari window. Thought that would have been a no brainer?
Ineos have a 3/4 rack under development at the moment and it should be available as an option in December
I am going to use the Frontrunner rack as you can leave the first few slats out so safari windows still open
The Safari windows will be tinted for Australia and I believe it is a reflective film in the glass the same as the heat reflective privacy glass option
They are looking at removable screens but they may leave this to aftermarket or to their accessories supplier.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos have a 3/4 rack under development at the moment and it should be available as an option in December
I am going to use the Frontrunner rack as you can leave the first few slats out so safari windows still open
The Safari windows will be tinted for Australia and I believe it is a reflective film in the glass the same as the heat reflective privacy glass option
They are looking at removable screens but they may leave this to aftermarket or to their accessories supplier.
Yes, noting that both Frontrunner and ARB have 3/4 length platforms that will clear, as I expect would the 1/2 length MB platform as seen on the ADF G-Wagons. All these have adjustable/fettle-able gutter mounting while one presumes model-specific mounting solutions will also emerge which would see the existing platforms mounted more neatly/closer to the roof.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, noting that both Frontrunner and ARB have 3/4 length platforms that will clear, as I expect would the 1/2 length MB platform as seen on the ADF G-Wagons. All these have adjustable/fettle-able gutter mounting while one presumes model-specific mounting solutions will also emerge which would see the existing platforms mounted more neatly/closer to the roof.
I want a full length platform so I can mount a lightbar at the front and so I can mount the Bushcompany 270XTmax awning on the side.
Many of the rack platforms have bars which run from bonnet to boot to reduce wind noise but the Frontrunner goes across from door to door allowing a bar in front to mount the light, full length side rails and removing enough slats for the windows.
They are also fully offroad rated not de-rated like many

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
while one presumes model-specific mounting solutions will also emerge which would see the existing platforms mounted more neatly/closer to the roof.

The rubber roof strips seem ideal to replace with T track or even lengths of utility belt to mount a closer fitting frame/bracket. Then there's the recessed tie down bars, which according to the patent are designed to be unscrewed and replaced with all manner of different fixings/brackets.

Maybe both are being saved for version 2.0.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I want a full length platform so I can mount a lightbar at the front and so I can mount the Bushcompany 270XTmax awning on the side.
Many of the rack platforms have bars which run from bonnet to boot to reduce wind noise but the Frontrunner goes across from door to door allowing a bar in front to mount the light, full length side rails and removing enough slats for the windows.
They are also fully offroad rated not de-rated like many
Yes, gotcha. I have (had) the Frontrunner on my DS. The front most cross piece can’t be skipped (the corners bolt to it) but you could delete 2nd/3rd…nth as you see fit.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

Well that has put a cat among the pigeons. I thaought I had locked down my confiruration.

I do like the safari roof.

A 3/4 rack would be ideal and should reduce drumming as that sloped roof is similar to the defender and I get a bit of noise from the roof and rack.

My build date is end of Jan so expecting a contract soon so I better make some decisions.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Would like to know whether the Safari windows have some magnetic metal in their frame. In that case, a magnetic sun blocker is no big deal. An aluminum laminated foil with magnets at the corners is enough.

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi
IG from South Africa has indicated that we would rolling blinds for the Safari Windows with their comment:
"BLINDS FOR SAFARI WINDOWS (ACCESSORY)
PURPOSE: Increase comfort by blocking the ingress of sunlight through the safari windows (roof panels)
USP/WHY BUYS: Integrated solution that can be mounted without drilling and modifying standard equipment. Tested and reliable solution that can be secured. Roller design."

1669629630740.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
Looks like they'll attach to the window itself with suction cups. Easy to put on and takeoff with no fuss.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

Well that has put a cat among the pigeons. I thaought I had locked down my confiruration.

I do like the safari roof.

A 3/4 rack would be ideal and should reduce drumming as that sloped roof is similar to the defender and I get a bit of noise from the roof and rack.

My build date is end of Jan so expecting a contract soon so I better make some decisions.
I couldn't even imagine buying this vehicle without the Safari windows.
I t is like a woman without breasts (my apologies to women recovering from medical issues)

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Would like to know whether the Safari windows have some magnetic metal in their frame. In that case, a magnetic sun blocker is no big deal. An aluminum laminated foil with magnets at the corners is
I couldn't even imagine buying this vehicle without the Safari windows.
I t is like a woman without breasts (my apologies to women recovering from medical issues)
Love it 🤣.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine it without the safari windows.
They are one of the best features and make it really stand out from the crowd.
Then again if you are overlanding in the desert there is no crowd.
I am definitely getting them
I couldn’t agree more, love the look..
but I’m also worried about of our blazing hot sun and 40°+ days cooking my scone.

Back
Top Bottom