The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack with safari windows?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score

This style of rack would be perfect, looks a bit too modern to my eye for the Grenadier, but the design is pretty intriguing.
That is Summer Auto Parta, she designs a ton of stuff for the L663. She thinks outside the box for a lot of her designs.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Posted this before.

Never seen them in real life, but concept-wise these would allow to leave the front open where the windows open as well as not carry useless metal when having a RTT installed.

Also like the fact that connectors hold airline / utility rail equipment.

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Great to see multiple rack options from the Germanic companies, but why are most of them flat panels? Do Europeans have a thing for standing on the roof of their vehicles?

Last edited:
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Great to see multiple rack options from the Germanic companies, but why are most of them flat panels? Do Europeans have a thing for standing on the roof of their vehicles?

They do indeed..sitting too..Aussies no..?

Reactions: PBD

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That couple on the Pajero need one of those fancy German racks.....

Zimm

Reservation Holder
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
My “planA” is to order one without the rack to get the lights, then see if I can get a dealer to order a rack as a replacement part. Body parts have to be replaceable after all.

Also, yesterday at the test drive, I had inquired about this very topic, and they told me a 3/4 was being developed by the maker of the full factory rack. I’m not a 3/4 fan so that’s “plan D”

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For those of you that haven’t driven the IG, the safari windows are very cool and add a TON of light and pleasing aesthetics to the cabin IMO.
Yes and I've said before consider whether the negatives outweigh the strong positives.
It's a very nice feature of the vehicle and as mentioned , very cool 😎

Back
Top Bottom