The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack with safari windows?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Yes and I've said before consider whether the negatives outweigh the strong positives.
It's a very nice feature of the vehicle and as mentioned , very cool 😎
Yep it’s the one thing I often wonder if I should have added. I rarely use the sunroof now though and in the heat of summer always have it closed, so more of a “maybe” in hotter climes.

But I reckon I was a vampire in a previous life because I’m not a fan of the sun generally- I put that down to my Irish/Scottish heritage (and resultant lily white complexion)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Yep it’s the one thing I often wonder if I should have added. I rarely use the sunroof now though and in the heat of summer always have it closed, so more of a “maybe” in hotter climes.

But I reckon I was a vampire in a previous life because I’m not a fan of the sun generally- I put that down to my Irish/Scottish heritage (and resultant lily white complexion)
Us Celt descendents are not genetically programmed for the brutal UV laden sunlight of the "wide brown land down-under"... warns my dermatologist as he sprays small "sunspots" on my face with liquid nitrogen...:eek:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Us Celt descendents are not genetically programmed for the brutal UV laden sunlight of the "wide brown land down-under"... warns my dermatologist as he sprays small "sunspots" on my face with liquid nitrogen...:eek:
The glass has a UV tint I presume?

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
So then the question comes for me, which is more important, factory safari windows I cannot have retrofitted or solid roof, vs getting a full roof rack, which will be warranted by Ineos, or wait and hope someone builds a Grenadier compatible aftermarket (no warranty) 3/4 length roof rack and get the safari windows. I don't think that the roof bars would be something I'd be interested in.
As a FYI: Besides the Front Runner 3/4 rack, that is listed on their (US) website, The US configurator lists a 3//4 roof rack from rhino. And compatred to the FrontRunner, it is a bargain (see attached). So I am going to specify that in my build (with Safari Windows). I "thought" I might save money with aftermarket, but Rhino in the States currently does not carry it and it may be more if buying aftermarket. Note I have a full Front Runner Rack on my G-wagen and they come like a lego set: half a day (for me) to assemble it and you need at least one strong buddy to lift it onto the rig!

6F roof rack.JPG

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
FYI. according to front runner ‘s website you can remove slats so you can operate the sunroof . So you get the look of a full rack with 3/4 use. If I go this direction and use the front runner solution , I’ll probable install extra gutter rail support and add slats to the rear side for extra strength.

Attachments

• 2FFABE36-9664-47D5-8D47-447900220D23.png
    2FFABE36-9664-47D5-8D47-447900220D23.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
FYI. according to front runner ‘s website you can remove slats so you can operate the sunroof . So you get the look of a full rack with 3/4 use. If I go this direction and use the front runner solution , I’ll probable install extra gutter rail support and add slats to the rear side for extra strength.
Have you been able to figure out the dynamic and static rating for the Slimline II and how that might be impacted by removing slats? I hit a brick wall on that and have not yet e-mailed FR directly.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you been able to figure out the dynamic and static rating for the Slimline II and how that might be impacted by removing slats? I hit a brick wall on that and have not yet e-mailed FR directly.
They're super helpful when you do call. When I got my shorty rack for the 4runner you had to drill the roof for full length. Once they released the no-drill option they were able to customize a kit for me to convert my current rack to full length with some side extensions, new supports, and a few extra slats. I opted not to do it but they were all about finding a solution that worked for me. Highly recommend the slimline II.

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
i have not contacted Frontrunner yet. Will probably wait until after I see the final price from the dealer. This is my weird way of minimizing the emotions associated with this purchase…in the event the dealer markup is too high.

Back
Top Bottom