The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Saddle leather or No Saddle leather

Saddle leather yes or no

• Saddle leather

Votes: 93 55.4%
  • Nappa leather

Votes: 75 44.6%

• Total voters

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Conducting a poll to see how many people went with the saddle leather and how many people did not.

Reactions: IGL

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
I did, I did have doubts about it as I went with the black and gray (white) leather and it there is a real risk it will all be a mish mash of stuff. But now I have seen a few pics I think it’s ok, particularly as the handbrake and grab handle match. Ultimately I felt it was a kind of unique feature that makes the vehicle stand out from the everyday.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I felt it needed to be applied in a couple more spots to reinforce the theme, so I went with regular black leather. I do however think we will look back on it as one of THE defining features of the launch series vehicles.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like the idea of the saddle leather, I've been looking casually at sources for aniline saddle leather and shops to re-upholster the whole Grenadier. I think Magic Mushroom with a full chestnut color saddle leather interior would look fantastic.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Like the idea of the saddle leather, I've been looking casually at sources for aniline saddle leather and shops to re-upholster the whole Grenadier. I think Magic Mushroom with a full chestnut color saddle leather interior would look fantastic.
I was thinking the same thing and was wondering who pulled the trigger for saddle leather

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
NO LEON - YOU ARE WRONG

The package also includes the passenger grab handle!
Soooo much value, how could I have missed that???

Seriously, I can appreciate some people might love this, but for me it just didn’t fit with the rest of the interior so I gave it a miss. It’d be boring if we all liked the same thing.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I optioned the standard black package as thought the colour went better with the Sela Green/black leather seats, but then some buggers on here mentioned 'patina' and various other trigger words and I caved and changed to 'saddle'.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
For me, it was clear from the first moment that I would choose the saddle leather. On the one hand, I like the difference and on the other hand, the saddle leather simply feels better. Another reason is that with use, a patina develops that is unique.

:cool:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
I optioned the standard black package as thought the colour went better with the Sela Green/black leather seats, but then some buggers on here mentioned 'patina' and various other trigger words and I caved and changed to 'saddle'.

What he said. Initially thought, no way. Then thought if I am keeping it, think of the patina blah blah blah

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same for me. “It was them trigger words what did it”. 😁

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Yes , and not a thought as to the cost. Proper leather!
Yes , it would be nice if it matched the standard grey/black of most interiors these days - but you can't have everything - and I think when I dress in tweed everything and wear bespoke brown peccary driving gloves it will impress all the possums I see on my travels.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I I could get saddle leather seats to go with my Grenadier then I would go for it. It’s a vehicle for life and the seats would age beautifully like a fine wine or myself 🤔😂

Back
Top Bottom