The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rumors of upcoming price hike

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
What I’d love to know is what other changes might have been made other than sound, inverter driving aids to the 23 model. Ie. If you put them side by side and ignore the above, do they look or have they been built differently?
The changes are, to the base- adaptive cruise, lane departure, auto emergency braking, drowsy driver warning. Plus additional optional extras. Side by side the difference can be seen by the windscreen detector for the auto braking

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
What I’d love to know is what other changes might have been made other than sound, inverter driving aids to the 23 model. Ie. If you put them side by side and ignore the above, do they look or have they been built differently?
As @MrMike said, visually there's only the one difference

Build procedure is identical; as with any other vehicle, as the model years continue, small changes and updates will occur

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
I loved all three of my original Amaroks - they are a strong vehicle, Magna Steyr designed them too.
The new Ranger/Amarok is made of plastic and feels really cheap and nasty.
RIP Amarok.
I think our chassis are made in the same factory as the Amarok was?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
The hump was reduced by 1/2mm

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Same as ever:

In the restaurant:
My neighbor at the table has a fly in the soup.

Waiter:
Sorry flies are all gone, you can't get any fly.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
If successful, very interested in knowing how easy to retrofit.
Not easy, rewire your loom, replace the windscreen add sensors to the top of said screen and the front of the vehicle, just to name a few. I hazard a guess it would be cheaper to purchase a MY24 IG

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not easy, rewire your loom, replace the windscreen add sensors to the top of said screen and the front of the vehicle, just to name a few. I hazard a guess it would be cheaper to purchase a MY24 IG
Ah well. On a positive note, never owned a car with adaptive CC anyway. 🤷‍♂️😊

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how far off putting adaptive cruise control in they were when launching the first editions?

Depending on the tech ~ we already have a space that could potentially be for a radar scanner in the front grill...

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how far off putting adaptive cruise control in they were when launching the first editions?

Depending on the tech ~ we already have a space that could potentially be for a radar scanner in the front grill...
Probably camera based, no need for radar.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It that the way it's being done these days? I can only remember the radar based system in my old RRS.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Every car I drive has adaptive cruise control - I adapt the position of my right foot, based on the input from my two eyes.
"...you try and tell that to the young people today!" - The Four Yorkshiremen

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It that the way it's being done these days? I can only remember the radar based system in my old RRS.
Stereo camera based systems common now (mainly on Japanese brands?) but radar still used by some brands like BMW. I have a Jimny that uses camera based ADAS and seems to work well, I would have thought better system for 4X4s as more chance of impact to radar unit off road if mounted on front down low.

Tesla have been camera based for a while, no radar.

Back
Top Bottom