The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rok_Dr’s Exceedingly Unofficial Owner’s Manual Supplement

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing, I will read this with a lot of interest, to begin with the pathfinder instructions, that I will perhaps use - for the first time - next month when on holiday in Romania.
:love:
And thank you for your contributions as well @Jean Mercier

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would suggest to add the HT and LT coolant reservoir purging procedure, very useful in case of cabin heating problems.

HT and LT coolant reservoir purge procedure

Cold engine and leveled car

Open bonnet

Handbrake on

Auto A/C off.

Warm knob to maximum and Fan to 1

Press the brake and accelerator pedals

Switching on the ignition

Count to 10 and start the engine

Release throttle and brake pedals

"Maintenance started" appears on the display

Wait 15 minutes

You should see a message that the procedure is complete

Even if it doesn't appear, after 20 minutes, if there is no contrary message, it is over.

At that point, check the levels in the two tanks (one with a blue cap, one with a black cap) at the right and left corner of the bonnet towards the windshield. Inside the tanks there is a yellow level indicator with max and min

You can't see much. Check with your finger. The liquid should be between min and max.

If necessary, add a specific HT-12 fluid or at worst distilled H20.
Thank you @alvan, I’ll add it into the next update.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went through the manual (except the path finder part), great work!
I liked also the "tire pressure table, I will print it and put it in my car for my next trip next month.

I have also a suggestion:
§12.2 the “3 minutes” sticker for disconnecting the batteries is only available in a private Group “Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia”.
Perhaps you can put a picture in your manual, but I had (a bad) one on my computer, copied from somewhere:
View attachment 7857926
Thanks Jean

Good idea . I also vaguely recall @Tazzieman, putting a pic of the sticker on a thread here as well.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Amazing effort. 🙂 ✅ 👏

A couple of things that might help …

The INEOS part number for a diesel fuel filter is GRA 3E 1202 9520

The INEOS part number for a cabin filter is GRA 2G 0003 0270

The service schedule you’ve included on p21 has a second page …

Thanks @Michael H.

Thanks for the part nos.
Also a good catch on that second page. I didn’t put the page in thinking it didn’t have anything material but missed the top few lines of checks. I’ll clip them out and post a revised fig in the next update.

Cheers
Steve

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Since Christmas I’ve been slowly compiling an off-line document which I can print and put in my glove box that captures information missing from the owner’s manual and other useful bits and pieces.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the PDF using the following link:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Av0mIsjCTYKCrPowzD-AbCD3r75Fhw?e=XEpJJk

The forum has been a great source of information so thank you all for your efforts. Posts I’ve drawn information from are referenced (if you need further info) and members acknowledged in the document.

I’ll update the link in this post and post an alert in the thread when I update the document. Any feedback, corrections or even additions are welcome. Happy for you to share provided you make acknowledgement to this thread.

If you print it out either use an A5 page and shrink to fit or an A4 booklet in adobe reader print settings..

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
Yesterday, without reading your Path Finder manual, I tried to use it after reading the Ineos manual. A shame, the explanation is too basic.
Then I read your explanation "amazing" :love:
This will save me a lot of learning time!
Ineos should copy it and pay you for that :ROFLMAO:

By the way, I discovered some errors in the "reference links" at the end of your manual, in the last 4 ones.
4 times the word Ineos was lacking the last letter "s" (Ineo instead of Ineos), but the link itself was OK in 3 of them, but concerning our forum link, both the description and the embedded link lack the "s".

[EDITED]: I would suggest to remove this phrase at the beginning of the document: "My apologies in advance to those who are further down this road of discovery and understanding who may find the document simplistic."
Nobody should find the document "simplistic" :unsure: :cool:, I knew a lot, but I learned quite some new things!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Since Christmas I’ve been slowly compiling an off-line document which I can print and put in my glove box that captures information missing from the owner’s manual and other useful bits and pieces.

I’ve now got it to a point where its ready to share with forum members. You can download the PDF using the following link:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Av0mIsjCTYKCrPowzD-AbCD3r75Fhw?e=XEpJJk

The forum has been a great source of information so thank you all for your efforts. Posts I’ve drawn information from are referenced (if you need further info) and members acknowledged in the document.

I’ll update the link in this post and post an alert in the thread when I update the document. Any feedback, corrections or even additions are welcome. Happy for you to share provided you make acknowledgement to this thread.

If you print it out either use an A5 page and shrink to fit or an A4 booklet in adobe reader print settings..

May you find it useful.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
Wow!!!
This is fantastic work. So lucky to have the likes of you on this forum. Thank you.

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Remote area mechanics & road side assist will like this document for a quick easy familiarisation of a vehicle they may not know of or rarely see in their workshops. We like simple explanations. Well done.

Virginie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Un grand merci pour toute ces informations et cette générosité ; il reste encore de vraies belles personnes 🤞🙏🤝
Google trad. :
Un grand merci pour toutes ces informations et cette générosité ; il reste encore de très belles personnes 🤞🙏🤝

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday, without reading your Path Finder manual, I tried to use it after reading the Ineos manual. A shame, the explanation is too basic.
Then I read your explanation "amazing" :love:
This will save me a lot of learning time!
Ineos should copy it and pay you for that :ROFLMAO:

By the way, I discovered some errors in the "reference links" at the end of your manual, in the last 4 ones.
4 times the word Ineos was lacking the last letter "s" (Ineo instead of Ineos), but the link itself was OK in 3 of them, but concerning our forum link, both the description and the embedded link lack the "s".

[EDITED]: I would suggest to remove this phrase at the beginning of the document: "My apologies in advance to those who are further down this road of discovery and understanding who may find the document simplistic."
Nobody should find the document "simplistic" :unsure: :cool:, I knew a lot, but I learned quite some new things!
Hi Jean

Thank you for your positive feed back about the pathfinder mode. Likewise I found Ineos's explanation far too simplistic. Sitting down and going through the menu items plus getting some help from a mate who has done some rally navigating helped me understand how it all worked.

I also appreciate the proof reading feedback. It's difficult proof reading your own work and the curse of my professional life, working for myself. Noted your last comment as well.
Thank you again
Steve

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Not sure if this is relevant (since your document focuses on info not available in the owners manual) but if you think it would be helpful, you are welcome to include my Off-road Functions Quick Start Guide …

Thank you Mike

Appreciated.

Steve

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Un grand merci pour toute ces informations et cette générosité ; il reste encore de vraies belles personnes 🤞🙏🤝
Google trad. :
Un grand merci pour toutes ces informations et cette générosité ; il reste encore de très belles personnes 🤞🙏🤝
Merci très beaucoup @Virginie

Cheers Steve
(and that's about the limit of my French :) )

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Rok_Dr, you are a legend. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this project and for sharing it with us.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom