The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Robb Report review (USA)

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 11.16.07 AM.png

First Drive: The Ineos Grenadier Is a Defender-G-Wagen Mashup That Forges Its Own Path​

In the Highlands of Scotland, we were finally able to test billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s production 4x4 six years after it was announced.​

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
This article nails the idea that I believe Ineos is aware of, if not intending. The Grenadier is going to appeal to an interesting demographic. The kind of buyer who wants top notch engineering and practicality. The intended buyer does not care about some luxuries being absent. He/she (let’s be honest..almost all “he”) prioritizes functionality and reliability. Definitely the type who is willing to pay for quality but not the type to over pay for hype. In my experience this buying demographic is a hard one to nail down because it crosses a lot of ground. Not purely a socioeconomic strata; but a group who are really looking for something that meets their personally researched standard. So this Robb Report article touches on that comparison to the G Wagen. That might seem absurd to some of us, but hang with the thought for a minute.

The group that is buying these first Grenadiers are people who others look to. I would describe them as examples or innovators. Individualist buyers whom others see as confident and knowledgeable. Rather than the proverbial influencers.

To get back to the article and my point; it will be a very simple thing for Ineos to move the Grenadier upmarket. Everything is there already to offer a direct competitor to the high end mercedes. The BMW engines are easily capable of matching the AMG offerings. A few interior niceties to satisfy the Kardashians is all it would take.

So get your Grenadier while it is affordable and before it is transformed into something you wouldnt want.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
This article nails the idea that I believe Ineos is aware of, if not intending. The Grenadier is going to appeal to an interesting demographic. The kind of buyer who wants top notch engineering and practicality. The intended buyer does not care about some luxuries being absent. He/she (let’s be honest..almost all “he”) prioritizes functionality and reliability. Definitely the type who is willing to pay for quality but not the type to over pay for hype. In my experience this buying demographic is a hard one to nail down because it crosses a lot of ground. Not purely a socioeconomic strata; but a group who are really looking for something that meets their personally researched standard. So this Robb Report article touches on that comparison to the G Wagen. That might seem absurd to some of us, but hang with the thought for a minute.

The group that is buying these first Grenadiers are people who others look to. I would describe them as examples or innovators. Individualist buyers whom others see as confident and knowledgeable. Rather than the proverbial influencers.

To get back to the article and my point; it will be a very simple thing for Ineos to move the Grenadier upmarket. Everything is there already to offer a direct competitor to the high end mercedes. The BMW engines are easily capable of matching the AMG offerings. A few interior niceties to satisfy the Kardashians is all it would take.

So get your Grenadier while it is affordable and before it is transformed into something you wouldnt want.
Interesting point. Just saw this:

From this: CARBUZZ

Attachments

• 81A797ED-04F5-4A3F-806E-FC05BEEF1435.jpeg
    81A797ED-04F5-4A3F-806E-FC05BEEF1435.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom