The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
its actually not that bad, i can slide my foot down the side to stretch my leg if i need to.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if this would/could help, but would a shorter/smaller brake pedal help provide beneficial space?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if this would/could help, but would a shorter/smaller brake pedal help provide beneficial space?
probably help loads but not sure how it attaches

Reactions: Max

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Thats the thing, all this complaining about something many (nearly all) complainers have never driven, it's getting tedious
Or test driven 3 times like myself... I found it to be a problem but maybe (my hope) is that I'll find a perfect seating position to limit the impact of a raised left leg on long haul... only time will tell. Some users should be able to comment soon on 150-200km trips and see how that goes. Most to date users have completed little intermittent trips so it will be hard to get a feel until more use comes to life.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Or test driven 3 times like myself... I found it to be a problem but maybe (my hope) is that I'll find a perfect seating position to limit the impact of a raised left leg on long haul... only time will tell. Some users should be able to comment soon on 150-200km trips and see how that goes. Most to date users have completed little intermittent trips so it will be hard to get a feel until more use comes to life.
That’s the right spirit trobex!
I understand that you have been worried because of the position, size and angels of the hump, combined with some some older challenges with your hips. But as the hump will clearly not disappear, the way of looking whether there will be a good seating position to avoid problems on long drives is a way of positive thinking.
I might have ha the same worries as I slightly dislocated one side of my hip many years ago. Since I took it manly (aka stupid) I didn’t went to a doctor and limped my way for half a year.
When I finally asked for help on leg had been 25 mm „longer“ because the femur sat incorrectly in the hip joint…
To correct it took only a good chiropractor, but all muscles and tendons hat become longer and shorter on the leg to deal with the new lengths.
Since then I had more and more problems to drive long distances in my Defender because I have to twist my (unfortunately very long) legs so much in it.
Purchasing the Grenadier is partly a result out of this problem.
And if the hump would be in the LHD maybe I would be the guy here ranting about it!
(It became longer. Just wanted to share some understanding 😂)

Local time
Reaction score
Nah mate - there’s a hundred threads on this very old chestnut
Well it's now in production so we will just try it. the sth African 4x4 tester was raving on about the pedals being off set to the steering wheel yet to me it seemed fine. It mat not even be an issue I am starting to take some of these forums with a grain of salt. The comments may of related to prototypes anyway. So I am hoping mine will be the next shipment.

Reactions: Max

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some users should be able to comment soon on 150-200km trips and see how that goes. Most to date users have completed little intermittent trips so it will be hard to get a feel until more use comes to life.
Have you asked @Ingemar ?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mine will arrive maybe before august, It may not be an issue and if it is I am sure there will be a minor fix. I looked at every other vehicle up to 200k and I kept coming back to the Grenadier as the best choice. need to stop listening to the wife and the experts. My biggest drama now is I have to build a garage for it.

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
the LHD doesn't have this issue. My experience in the RHD is limited...a couple of hours but I could find a good position for my foot and used the hump as a footrest (180cm/5´11").
without being able to comment on the hump, driving long stretches is great in the car. my longest was 1600km in an day and I had no issues...seating is great (maybe the side support cushions are on the narrow side/close together), plenty of spots to rest your arms...

Local time
Reaction score
the LHD doesn't have this issue. My experience in the RHD is limited...a couple of hours but I could find a good position for my foot and used the hump as a footrest (180cm/5´11").
without being able to comment on the hump, driving long stretches is great in the car. my longest was 1600km in an day and I had no issues...seating is great (maybe the side support cushions are on the narrow side/close together), plenty of spots to rest your arms...
I have decided to not read into this too much, one reason for this is we had 2x very well known 4x4 reviewers waffle on about the pedals off-centre to the steering wheel which gave me no end of grief for months. yet on inspection, I found it to be fine possibly the prototypes were different. Being 6 3 I did have an issue with front leg support as the Recaros are not 8-way adjustable. This should be a no brainer to modify later. Whats important is the Grenadiers have good bones allowing the end users to customise to their liking. I bought a brand new Harley and before it left the shop I spent 12 k on custom and performance stuff,

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With good feet positioning 1600km would be doable. Any electrical issues in your Gren like some other users are now experiencing? I'm just waiting for my Grenadier to arrive!!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With good feet positioning 1600km would be doable. Any electrical issues in your Gren like some other users are now experiencing? I'm just waiting for my Grenadier to arrive!!!

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
nothing electrical so far! as i said - the only thing that keeps coming back every few days is the telltale speaker (so no indicator, warning or PDC sounds). but at the next engine start it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom