The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I can not believe that some potential owners of RHD Grenadiers are seriously thinking of cutting into the body.
Why not? It’s quite common in surgery to shorten legs since decades.
If it helps…

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
For all those buying a right hand drive - the hump is nothing - its actually a good foot rest and is far more comfortable than the VW transporter sport line that I got rid of.
My son and my daughters boyfriend have driven it and neither have said anything about it.
The pedals seem in the right place and I find that I am sat square on the seat - the last 2 vehicles I have owned felt less comfortable as I felt out of line.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For all those buying a right hand drive - the hump is nothing - its actually a good foot rest and is far more comfortable than the VW transporter sport line that I got rid of.
My son and my daughters boyfriend have driven it and neither have said anything about it.
The pedals seem in the right place and I find that I am sat square on the seat - the last 2 vehicles I have owned felt less comfortable as I felt out of line.
I fully agree, not a problem whatsoever!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Other perspectives of fixing this potential issue:

1. If the pedals could be brought forward to the same distance as the foot hump. You would lose rear passenger leg space as your chair would be further back, but it would solve the ergonomic issue I believe. Unfortunately the accelerator pedal is floor mounted and not above like the brake pedal, so I believe a modification for this would be more difficult.

2. As others have noticed, the floor lining is actually decently thick over the hump, and the underlying structural hump is much smaller, a new floor lining with good insulation would give slightly more space also.

Still excited to proceed with my order, hopefully it'll be comfortable enough or a partial solution is available down the line!
I thought about the pedal bring adjusted back even half the distance. I feel like I'm being baited!! bigL be here in a sec....

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Thats the thing, all this complaining about something many (nearly all) complainers have never driven, it's getting tedious

Back
Top Bottom