The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
Still reckon we wait to see if it actually IS a problem. Right now, the only people that have driven it big k’s are Ineos guys. I’ve spoken to a couple of guys from SLRV who’ve driven them to Rocky and back, and an Ineos guy who’d driven from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, and both had said it wasn’t a problem. So I’m hoping all your anxiety is just that - phantom worry.

Deep breath- wait for reality and then make a call. If it’s a worry for you, don’t order until you know, then it’s not a worry at all hey.
Wait, a person Employed and Paid by INEOS to promote the entire plan, didn't have any issue or comment on it??? Haha the irony!

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Still reckon we wait to see if it actually IS a problem. Right now, the only people that have driven it big k’s are Ineos guys. I’ve spoken to a couple of guys from SLRV who’ve driven them to Rocky and back, and an Ineos guy who’d driven from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, and both had said it wasn’t a problem. So I’m hoping all your anxiety is just that - phantom worry.

Deep breath- wait for reality and then make a call. If it’s a worry for you, don’t order until you know, then it’s not a worry at all hey.
I hear ya. What started all this when I went to SLRV and sat in the vehicle and was playing with seat adjustment, with the seat at it's highest position the wife made a comment that my leg was sitting high and my leg was at least 30mm from the seat that has got to be uncomfortable it was at that time I asked Rick if the front of the seat could be made higher. His reply was there goes your warranty. He did agree that lanky people over 6ft had an issue. I know there are those that say just walk away. But I find everything about this vehicle to be perfect I love it Jim did come up with a winner here. Many years ago I put a ford v8 into a transit van and that was doable after cutting the fire wall and floor out.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wait, a person Employed and Paid by INEOS to promote the entire plan, didn't have any issue or comment on it??? Haha the irony!
Or, a fair dinkum bloke who didn’t seem like he’d blow smoke up your arse. I chose to accept the second option. Like I said mate, you can fantasise all you like about how big a problem it might be, but until you drive it long haul, that’s all it is, speculation, worry and a bloody never ending broken record.

Hey, you might be right, but we don’t have to hear about it every single day whilst that’s all it is - speculation.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or, a fair dinkum bloke who didn’t seem like he’d blow smoke up your arse. I chose to accept the second option. Like I said mate, you can fantasise all you like about how big a problem it might be, but until you drive it long haul, that’s all it is, speculation, worry and a bloody never ending broken record.

Hey, you might be right, but we don’t have to hear about it every single day whilst that’s all it is - speculation.
We will both be ok, in either case!

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
One a day to keep them on the front page!
dead-horse-spank.gif
Why the wisdom of the Dakota Indians does not lose its charm

Professional life brings with it many hardships, so humor like that of the wisdom of the Dakota Indians is simply a highlight:

"If you discover that you are riding a dead horse, get off!"

That's a really obvious insight, isn't it? Unfortunately, professional practice shows other, well-known variations:

1. We'll get a stronger whip.
2. We say: "This is how we have always ridden the horse."
3. We are setting up a working group to analyze the horse.
4. We visit other places to see how to ride dead horses there.
5. We raise the quality standards for riding dead horses.
6. We form a task force to revive the horse.
7. We buy people from outside who are supposed to be able to ride dead horses.
8. We push in a training session to be able to ride better.
9. We make comparisons of different dead horses.
10. We change the criteria that say that a horse is dead.
11. We chew several dead horses together so that we can get faster.
12. We explain: "No horse can be so dead that we can no longer ride it."
13. We are doing a study to see if there are better or cheaper horses.
14. We explain that our horse is better, faster and cheaper dead than other horses.
15. We form a quality circle to find a use of dead horses.
16. We are setting up an independent cost center for dead horses.
17. We are expanding the area of responsibility for dead horses.
18. We are developing a motivation program for dead horses.
19. We create a presentation in which we show what the horse could do if it were still alive.
20. We structure so that another area gets the dead horse.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The engine was designed for BMW for LHD European markets. The rest of the RHF markets get what they get. Just a shame such an obvious flaw was not attended to though the QA design phases, or at least after the concerns were raises after PT01 RHD variants. We just have to live width the hump - as much as it will annoy some of us! - or sell it at a 25K premium if it sucks the life out of skeletal frame!
Interestingly, BMW inline sixes appear to have had the exhaust manifold on the starboard side since the IIIa (1917).

Fokker D. VII, shown below in RHD.

607B4D4A-9C33-48C5-A625-4D8CC541D1A0.jpeg

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, Interested in similar mod. Can you do it with Diesel or petrol engine? Will one be better for throaty exhaust note?
better with petrol but good with both, anything that helps the breathing in the restricted cat filled spaghetti that is that manifold will result in response, power and torque gains

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
We need to look at solutions that don't hurt the warranty. Think outside the pedal box.

Have taken an angle grinder to the left foot of my top five pairs of shoes and boots and taken an additional 67 degrees off the heels. My left foot will now rest beautifully on the foot rest. No warranty issues. Just £1720 of RM Williams and Trickers footwear destroyed. But what price comfort? To ensure gender equality and fairness I have snapped the heels off all my wife's favourite shoes too. Can't wait until she comes home. Those Louboutins snap like fresh carrots! Will e mail INEOS Engineering Dept at once.

#genius

1681817876730.png

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
We need to look at solutions that don't hurt the warranty. Think outside the pedal box.

Have taken an angle grinder to the left foot of my top five pairs of shoes and boots and taken an additional 67 degrees off the heels. My left foot will now rest beautifully on the foot rest. No warranty issues. Just £1720 of RM Williams and Trickers footwear destroyed. But what price comfort? To ensure gender equality and fairness I have snapped the heels off all my wife's favourite shoes too. Can't wait until she comes home. Those Louboutins snap like fresh carrots! Will e mail INEOS Engineering Dept at once.

#genius

View attachment 7808843
I'm afraid cutting the shoes won't address the issue. Foot amputation will fix where the leg rests and make for a more comfortable driving experience. I'm having issues finding a doc that will do one as an elective surgery though.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
shame its not your right foot coming off, then you'd never have to buy another pair of shoes, they only display left ones in shoe shops :unsure:

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If you want ‘hump’ envy….. Makes up 20% of the vehicle internal width and 10% of its internal height. I’m 6’ 2” and struggling to understand the issue with the gren :)

Attachments

• 40199F85-553D-4F48-9991-69104863CDBA.jpeg
    40199F85-553D-4F48-9991-69104863CDBA.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 97
  • E6ACD8DC-6DE5-48CE-B3F7-D9B511F70B4D.jpeg
    E6ACD8DC-6DE5-48CE-B3F7-D9B511F70B4D.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 93

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you want ‘hump’ envy….. Makes up 20% of the vehicle internal width and 10% of its internal height. I’m 6’ 2” and struggling to understand the issue with the gren :)
What vehicle are those photographs of?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score

#genius

View attachment 7808843
I had a pair of BMW Motorcycle boots that did that all on their own! The glue just came loose. Maybe walking in >100F (38C) on tarmac wasn't what they were designed for.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
I'm afraid cutting the shoes won't address the issue. Foot amputation will fix where the leg rests and make for a more comfortable driving experience. I'm having issues finding a doc that will do one as an elective surgery though.
If you wanted to remove your manhood, on the other hand, they'd be lining up! Funny that.

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Other perspectives of fixing this potential issue:

1. If the pedals could be brought forward to the same distance as the foot hump. You would lose rear passenger leg space as your chair would be further back, but it would solve the ergonomic issue I believe. Unfortunately the accelerator pedal is floor mounted and not above like the brake pedal, so I believe a modification for this would be more difficult.

2. As others have noticed, the floor lining is actually decently thick over the hump, and the underlying structural hump is much smaller, a new floor lining with good insulation would give slightly more space also.

Still excited to proceed with my order, hopefully it'll be comfortable enough or a partial solution is available down the line!

Back
Top Bottom