The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote start?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Remote start is unlikely in an European vehicle. Idling to warm up may result in severe penalty, same driving around for no reason and annoying other.
To warm up install a park heater / auxiliary heater as shown here and in other threads already discussed thoroughl.
I like the classic key flip and turn. No push to start, little communication between key and vehicle or keyless.. that can be intercepted.
i like it as designed by Ineos

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Especially the last suggestion is a good one, never thought about it :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Tasmania gets frost and snow ; my Discovery is an ex Queensland (Dave country) car where the previous owners never used the heater ; it corroded away.
But I have driven in all seasons and never need a demister . A heater would be nice for my wife , but she can wear a coat and gloves.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had a good look over the key yesterday. Nothing special, just a good old fashion flick Knick style key fob. I just hope the Ineos key ring is as industrial as their vehicle. It’s a heavy, chunky key 😝
And hopefully it will be very heavy and a little bit muddy as well!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Here it rained cats and dogs last night. So how muddy was it outdoors?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have been awake till 4:30 waiting for wild boars and am tired like hell.
That might be the reason why I read “…but she can wear a goat and….”

I should have slept for another hour…
You need a good feed

Attachments

• obb.jpeg
    obb.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would you happen to know if you can connect this to run on the auxiliary battery rather than a 240v wall socket?
To me it seems Wall plug only. This means in my case, useless. An aux heater must work everywhere at an off road vehicle. The Scandic car park systems have power outlets to engine heaters that work similar to immersion heater for water.. so keep the engine warm. That technology is nothing new. Still both methods, electric aux heater or old fashioned electric engine heater depend on wallplugs. I go for classic eberspächer or webasto diesel auxiliary heater. Work everywhere where an off-road vehicle can go.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To me it seems Wall plug only. This means in my case, useless. An aux heater must work everywhere at an off road vehicle. The Scandic car park systems have power outlets to engine heaters that work similar to immersion heater for water.. so keep the engine warm. That technology is nothing new. Still both methods, electric aux heater or old fashioned electric engine heater depend on wallplugs. I go for classic eberspächer or webasto diesel auxiliary heater. Work everywhere where an off-road vehicle can go.
We used to have electric engine heaters in our airport fire trucks that plugged into the wall outlet.
Supposedly had a system that they would unplug if the truck drove off without someone remembering to disconnect.
More than once the truck took off with the cable and wall box bouncing along behind

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Sure, but I'm thinking different use. I've never needed a heater for a gas engine in the field, so once away from the house I don't need it. But to minimize the whining around the house for shopping trips- it would be nice.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Have a Webasto or Eberspacher in the D4 - I use it frequently during the winter months. Very useful bit of kit, especially if you are out all day locally and the drive time is short stop/start. Engine warms up quicker and thus better for it and the cabin has the chill taken off it before driving off. Will definitely look to fit something similar in due course.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sure, but I'm thinking different use. I've never needed a heater for a gas engine in the field, so once away from the house I don't need it. But to minimize the whining around the house for shopping trips- it would be nice.
Okay . if that is suitable for you.. its okay. Do not deny that. Its always on purpose and I most certainly do not claim omni-knowledge or tell others what they have to do.
If you never come in a situation where you need a vehicle preheated and a wall plug is miles away.

What I would really like is an aux-heater that can go both wall outlet at home and on fuel when no wall plug is available but that doesn't exist so far, does it?

An In my opinion - do what services you best.

Back
Top Bottom