The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote start?

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi All!

Curious about this one… since the Grenadier will have an old school key, can remote start still technically be a feature that's included? Can’t find any info on this!

Thanks!!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi All!

Curious about this one… since the Grenadier will have an old school key, can remote start still technically be a feature that's included? Can’t find any info on this!

Thanks!!!
You can start it remotely from the drivers seat with your foot planted firmly on the brake pedal and the key in the ignition
You need to get someone else to turn the key though

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
remote starts have been I talked on keyed vehicles for 30 years. Would be nice if it came from the factory though.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stupid auto correct. They have been installed on keyed cars for 30 years.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Had a good look over the key yesterday. Nothing special, just a good old fashion flick Knick style key fob. I just hope the Ineos key ring is as industrial as their vehicle. It’s a heavy, chunky key 😝

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love having remote start and had it in a few F150s that were keyed. Worked fine, but it was a factory option. I know there’s tons of aftermarket starting kids out there so I’m sure it’ll be possible. But I have no desire to have a second fob so hopefully there’s a phone controllable option out there.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I love having remote start and had it in a few F150s that were keyed. Worked fine, but it was a factory option. I know there’s tons of aftermarket starting kids out there so I’m sure it’ll be possible. But I have no desire to have a second fob so hopefully there’s a phone controllable option out there.
Some of the aftermarket options use the factory remote but then you are limited to the range of the factory remote. Most will then offer a “long range” option as well that operates with a different remote or app.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Here is a sample of one for my current car which operates with a chipped key.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
I thought modern EU spec vehicles are now designed so that idling to warm up is not the thing to do. Rather jump in, start and drive.
I never heard that anyone here has a remote start option.
Indeed, related to air pollution, CO2, and fuel consumption etc. it is much better to jump in, start and ride. (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I thought modern EU spec vehicles are now designed so that idling to warm up is not the thing to do. Rather jump in, start and drive.
The recommended modus for fuel injected cars of the 1970s...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
I never heard that anyone here has a remote start option.
Indeed, related to air pollution, CO2, and fuel consumption etc. it is much better to jump in, start and ride. (y)
But the Grenadier doesn't have an electric heated front windscreen, so when it is -10 in the mornings it's going to take a few minutes to get hot air to the windscreen. The inside of my D4 had ice on the inside last month and that does have an electric windscreen. Even opening the door with frozen door seals was difficult

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1673772093436.jpeg
Diesel

1673772191148.jpeg
Electric
1673772266600.jpeg
Not with the engine. Webasto is a solution for heating up your car before driving since many years.
I have one in my Defender, very comfortable again right now in Austria.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But the Grenadier doesn't have an electric heated front windscreen, so when it is -10 in the mornings it's going to take a few minutes to get hot air to the windscreen. The inside of my D4 had ice on the inside last month and that does have an electric windscreen. Even opening the door with frozen door seals was difficult
I agree with this, neither my Suzuki Grand Vitara has a heated front windscreen: I had the same problem some weeks ago. But how often does it happen (in Belgium not that often anymore)?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Park under cover or better yet in a garage. Or move to a warmer place

Back
Top Bottom