The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Recovery Points - Load Ratings

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
I was interested in finding out about the load ratings for both straight and angled pulls of the recovery points on the Grenadier and have been given the following information which may be of interest:

Front Recovery - Loadings.png

Rear Recovery - Loadings.png
Clearly built for purpose!

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thank you

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
@Arkaig
Where can you find drawings like this?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
When I look at the headlights, it seems to me, that they achieve the asymmetry by just installing bezels (the green things).

This wastes some light, but on the other hand allows for 'unisex' design for both, LHD and RHD traffic.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
The front towing eye centres are some 800mm apart and the rears some 1110mm, for anyone interested having seen Robert Pepper's video:-

Bridle Forces Explained
I measured the distance between the recovery points to determine the ideal length for an equaliser rope.

Front = 780mm so a 5m equaliser rope would be fine.

Rear = 1130mm so a 5m equaliser rope would be OK, but you’d need a 7m if you want to keep the angle to 20 degrees.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I look at the headlights, it seems to me, that they achieve the asymmetry by just installing bezels (the green things).

This wastes some light, but on the other hand allows for 'unisex' design for both, LHD and RHD traffic.

That would be nice, but are you referring to the small cutouts? Aren't they for the headlight adjusters?

Screenshot_20220921_075456.jpg

In all the factory footage I've watched, I've only ever seen them on the lower right hand side.

IMG_20220921_075948.jpg

And whilst these units appear bespoke for Ineos, the low and high beam elements appear very similar to their catalogue items which, unfortunately are all handed.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Probably not, why should they? It's pretty theoretical with infinite variables and of extremely limited practical worth.
When using a bridle, there are significant side loads on the anchorpoint. And simple "sideways" pulls are sometimes required in recovery. I am sure the Grenadier recovery points can take them: just interested if they had done any calculations

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I measured the distance between the recovery points to determine the ideal length for an equaliser rope.

Front = 780mm so a 5m equaliser rope would be fine.

Rear = 1130mm so a 5m equaliser rope would be OK, but you’d need a 7m if you want to keep the angle to 20 degrees.
Just received two of these Beauties from George 4x4. Crazy that these were cheaper (including postage!) than any I could find in the US (seems like here, people are using tree saver straps, which are not ideal!)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received two of these Beauties from George 4x4. Crazy that these were cheaper (including postage!) than any I could find in the US (seems like here, people are using tree saver straps, which are not ideal!)
George 4x4 is where I buy my recovery gear from. 🙂

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was interested in finding out about the load ratings for both straight and angled pulls of the recovery points on the Grenadier and have been given the following information which may be of interest:

View attachment 7792591

View attachment 7792592
Clearly built for purpose!
The info. I gleaned on the recovery points was that they have been designed such that individually they can support the full GVM and that the chassis torsional design will accommodate this without distortion.

Indeed...."clearly built for purpose" !!

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
The info. I gleaned on the recovery points was that they have been designed such that individually they can support the full GVM and that the chassis torsional design will accommodate this without distortion.

Indeed...."clearly built for purpose" !!
Is it possible to have figures. The attacment from #arkaig gave horizontal (I guess front) and vertical, but lot lateral (sideways). I would like this quantified also! (I am sure it is more than adequate, but why not quantify, as sideways pulls may be more common than vertical!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I searched in vain for a front 5m and a rear 6.5m proper bridle here in the UK. In the end I I floated it past Red Winches as was ordering other bits n pieces from them and they said one of their 6m tow straps would be adequate for bridle. £19.70 + VAT. Should be ok for occasional use.

Last edited:

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I searched in vain for a front 5m and a rear 6.5m proper bridle hear in the UK. In the end I I floated it past Red Winches as was ordering other bits n pieces from them and they said one of their 6m tow straps would be adequate for bridle. £19.70 + VAT. Should be ok for occasional use.
Yup: That seems to be the position here in the US as well. No one is bothering to mahe "proper" bridles. The problem with using a tow strap is that the main line will not be able to slide as easily to accomodate sideways pulls.
But it is "doable"...... (and certainly a cheaper solution!) ;)

Back
Top Bottom