The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Real Names on Profile.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
People (nowadays especially) need to hide behind aliases because of fear of retribution from the woke leftists and the same populist governments (now Australia). That is just how society had poorly manifested. If I knew critique, exposure and accountability was treated equally for all sides of the coin, then I would use my real name any day of the week in full. But until accountability is normalised and the crazies on the left are seen for what they are, then I'll just have to throw commentary from anonymity!

PS my name's "Rob" and I don't actually care what the left think not their crazy ideologies but many fear social persecution because they don't follow the flock. Bring it on you sheep - I say. Lamb for dinner.

PPS flame retardant suit is always on!
I would like to ask you again politely to try and keep your poltics out of this forum. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that stuff, Twitter might be a better place for that if you feel the need to vent your political opinions. I hope we can keep this a place for friendly discussion of all things Grenadier.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if we should have everyone put their real names on their profile.
Maybe if people can't hide behind fake names, or made up words, then they wouldn't continue to post bullshit and negative stuff.
Leave that sort of stuff to the many Facebook pages

Just a thought!
I hope, when deliverys are running smooothly the focus will shift to running and operating the Grenadier and useful info about extras, trips etc. What we lack at the moment is the grenadier in our hands to facilitate this

I live in hope ! [ ok actually Kent!]

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to ask you again politely to try and keep your poltics out of this forum. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that stuff, Twitter might be a better place for that if you feel the need to vent your political opinions. I hope we can keep this a place for friendly discussion of all things Grenadier.
This is about real names - and has several posts on politics/hints towards - and nothing referring to Grenadier per-se!

But I will keep the tone down for sure.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
This is about real names - and has several posts on politics/hints towards - and nothing referring to Grenadier per-se!

But I will keep the tone down for sure.
It’s ok sometimes to express one’s political preference or un-preference, I don’t mind, as long as it stays polite and as long as we don’t begin to argue in depth or insult or feel attacked … difficult balance of course.

I don’t want a “green guy” to scratch my “sela green” car because he doesn’t like my petrol polluting big expensive car.

Most people don’t know that an electrical car also pollutes, not only the car itself, but also its energy source. And, I voted mainly green in my life! I take my bike to go to the bakery.

But ok, let’s refrain political opinions as a general rule. Or … let’s open a thread “polite political discussions”. I assure you I won’t often participate.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s ok sometimes to express one’s political preference or un-preference, I don’t mind, as long as it stays polite and as long as we don’t begin to argue in depth or insult or feel attacked … difficult balance of course.

I don’t want a “green guy” to scratch my “sela green” car because he doesn’t like my petrol polluting big expensive car.

Most people don’t know that an electrical car also pollutes, not only the car itself, but also its energy source. And, I voted mainly green in my life! I take my bike to go to the bakery.

But ok, let’s refrain political opinions as a general rule. Or … let’s open a thread “polite political discussions”. I assure you I won’t often participate.
You are right. It is to easy to write the truth only to find out that it’s not everybody’s truth.
However it’s fine for me as long as it is marked as an opinion and not as the one and only way to understand the world.

Here we have hard issues as well which have to be fought out:
Petrol/diesel
MM/Donkey Grey
Service Intervall/oil changes
White letters in/out

Let’s work them out first. Afterwards we can skip do politics 😉

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are right. It is to easy to write the truth only to find out that it’s not everybody’s truth.
However it’s fine for me as long as it is marked as an opinion and not as the one and only way to understand the world.

Here we have hard issues as well which have to be fought out:
Petrol/diesel
MM/Donkey Grey
Service Intervall/oil changes
White letters in/out

Let’s work them out first. Afterwards we can skip do politics 😉
Donkey Grey.... that's deflamortary..
there could be hundreds of upset donkeys...I think you should apologise to these beasts of burden
I really am getting a complex about ordering Donny Grey....

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score

More than happy to have a separate forum section for politics if @Stu_Barnes is willing to take that risk. I shall not go there.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Donkey Grey.... that's deflamortary..
there could be hundreds of upset donkeys...I think you should apologise to these beasts of burden
I really am getting a complex about ordering Donny Grey....
😬 I am so sorry, but a metallic Grey donkey will never be upset just because a car manufacturer named a great colour after him!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’ll have the most posts for sure, judging what’s bubbling under the surface.
Sounds like an invite... another flaw I'm trying to steer clear of politics but since COVID started... well you know... it's hard to avoid!

Back
Top Bottom