The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

RADIO UPGRADE OR NOT

LucasFaireyAntiburst

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Thank you all in advance,

I was wondering if any of you purchased the 700 upgrade on the radio. The dealer suggested it was just a subwoofer and some sort of amp in a separate box. Any comments would be great. I read the other threads.

Huston

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
It's just a subwoofer, specifically a JBL Bass Pro Nano under the passenger rear seat. There is no added amp (the sub has a built in amp)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I was wondering if any of you purchased the 700 upgrade on the radio. The dealer suggested it was just a subwoofer and some sort of amp in a separate box. Any comments would be great. I read the other threads.

Huston
And that sub can be bought for less than $300.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Ok sure but it won’t come with the household plugs in the second row or cargo area. And still don’t get the sub regardless.

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score

Huston

Well I got the upgraded stereo I am not impressed with it in the least, I would hate to hear the stock one, I would say go with the duel battery

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Huston
I went back and forth for a bit considering between the sub-woofer or a dual battery.
It was soon apparent that it would be much easier and less costly in the long run to add a sub-woofer later than to add a dual battery later.
I opted for the dual battery. DaBull

Shawnpalmer

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have the sub and I think it adds a lot to the sound system. I use the radio everyday, I don’t think I’d ever use the dual battery or the plugs on the roof. Maybe every once in a while I’d use the 400w inverter, but I have a Goal Zero 300 in the back, and I can add a 400w inverter. Too bad they didn’t work it out so that it all would fit.

LucasFaireyAntiburst

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all so very much for all the details. With your input here decision made, no radio upgrade. Maybe a speaker upgrade up front as discussed elsewhere with reported success. Considering theres no bump starting the Grenadier like my old series and NAS a "proper" aux battery or at minimum an aux starting source would be wise. I don't think I will be using the aux power terminations around the truck either. I really appreciate the input and hope one day soon I can provide valued input as well.

Back
Top Bottom