The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stereo upgrade question

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
I hope to have my new Grenadier within a month. Yesterday, I went to the dealer and took a test drive. The stereo really wasn’t that good in terms of audio quality and volume. I am thinking to upgrade to an aftermarket amp and a better speaker set up. Has anyone done this audio upgrade before and have you had any issues with the battery or other tech issues to watch out for?
Thank you

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
I hope to have my new Grenadier within a month. Yesterday, I went to the dealer and took a test drive. The stereo really wasn’t that good in terms of audio quality and volume. I am thinking to upgrade to an aftermarket amp and a better speaker set up. Has anyone done this audio upgrade before and have you had any issues with the battery or other tech issues to watch out for?
Thank you
Welcome to the board!

I know there's lots of information to comb through here, but the search tool is both effective and powerful.

@douggie Thank you for the links!

Russell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Thank you
I have installed Alpine front speakers with separate tweeters. This made a massive difference, even without an amp. My old vehicle had a Sony amp and speakers and this, with the alpine speakers, sounds as good I think. Anyway, the stock speakers were offensive to my ears.

Grenadier.Parts

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
I have installed Alpine front speakers with separate tweeters. This made a massive difference, even without an amp. My old vehicle had a Sony amp and speakers and this, with the alpine speakers, sounds as good I think. Anyway, the stock speakers were offensive to my ears.
Hi Russell, are the covers simply plugged in, or do you have to remove the complete doorcover to replace them? Are the separate tweeters to be installed externally or are they included in the speaker as a mounted tweeter, do you have any pictures? Greetings, Lars

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you mount the tweeters?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
I found the standard stereo setup in the UK quite good as I found the sound stage coming from the front windscreen and not from the doors. Settings I used is pop on equaliser and fader (press reset to position back to the middle). If I was to upgrade I would purchase a 10 inch under-seat amplified Kicker Sub for some extra bass.
Music and volume can sound different depending on the source.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. I found them very harsh no matter what i did with settings.

Will be playing around with some old Alpine amps and replacement speakers in not to distant future.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. I found them very harsh no matter what i did with settings.

Will be playing around with some old Alpine amps and replacement speakers in not to distant future.
I wonder, was or is there a different speaker supplying for certain range of vehicles produced? I am in VIN 4500s range and my speakers are (or to me seem) excellent.
Sound seems to come from 'all round' and is crisp, clean, loud and not over worked on the base, making voice/song/talk excellent.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My sound is fine too - have no gripe about the speakers. Tuning the radio - that is a different story.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you
I don't think any of the US dealer demos have the premium audio system. I checked the one I test drove and it seemed to be the base stereo without a subwoofer. Has anyone actually heard the premium stereo?

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder, was or is there a different speaker supplying for certain range of vehicles produced? I am in VIN 4500s range and my speakers are (or to me seem) excellent.
Sound seems to come from 'all round' and is crisp, clean, loud and not over worked on the base, making voice/song/talk excellent.
Could be just my industrial deafness playing out🤪.

My Loaner is #5941 so I can’t see the spec being different.

I’m a bit of an audio snob and feel there can be some improvement.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Agree, was expecting an ordinary system but am happy with the stock unit. Talkback crisp and clear on radio and streaming and music is balanced.

Back
Top Bottom