The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Prototype Review - Jonathan Hanson

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
More akin to sailing when making progress on B roads:
View attachment 7799892
Not sure on current gen, but previous versions had ACE (active cornering enhancement) which was a hydraulic anti-roll system. Sort of like the reverse of Jeep sway bar disconnect.
I had a TD5 manual Discovery 2 with ACE for 285,000km, changed the oil in the ACE system every 60,000km very robust system great articulation, rest of the car 2x water pumps, rear wheel bearings, ABS ( 3 amigos ) twice, alternates at 210,000, that was about it.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Good find @Methos - I just found it in the brochure after you mentioned it - so thanks for posting.
View attachment 7799882

According to the article below:

The current Wrangler has an RTI score of 532 with the anti-sway bar connected, and 701 with it disconnected.

The current Ford Bronco has an RTI score of 498 with the anti-sway bar connected, and 627 with it disconnected.

Those old Range Rovers were really flexy. I wonder what the current gen is - not very good I fear. Likewise, the new Defender works its way through obstacles using computer-controlled traction - not using good suspension travel - so I doubt the RTI score for the Defender is very good either.

But an RTI score of 585 for the Grenadier is really good - better than I expected. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it looks like Ineos improved suspension travel between the first prototypes and the product we have today. Its really good to see signs of continual improvement. That speaks very highly of their commitment to the project.

The Grenadier was tested on a 20-degree ramp, I wonder what the ramp was used in the test below (RTI scores on 30-degree ramps are lower).

Here is a long list of RTI scores for a whole bunch of older off-road rigs. Some surprises for sure - like 653 for a stock 1981 Chevy Blazer.

What are the chances that a pair of these would bolt up and not interfere with the spring?
1676336764901.png

1676336981294.png

1676336810600.png

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I give it a few weeks before we find out. Once they’re in customers hands the mods will begin quick sharp.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
What are the chances that a pair of these would bolt up and not interfere with the spring?
View attachment 7803218

View attachment 7803220

View attachment 7803219
Why?🙄
Me thinks I'll sit back with a bag of popcorn ...
The IG has been designed and developed with a specific purpose in mind... Likewise the Jeep illustrated. Even before the IG has been released faux comparisons are being made trying to equate one with the other. "Different horses different courses"...
More popcorn??? .....anyone?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Why?🙄
Me thinks I'll sit back with a bag of popcorn ...
The IG has been designed and developed with a specific purpose in mind... Likewise the Jeep illustrated. Even before the IG has been released faux comparisons are being made trying to equate one with the other. "Different horses different courses"...
More popcorn??? .....anyone?
I think the real question is “why not?” Some may have a different course than you.

Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
over engineering can lead to weight issues.

My 1968 Benz & 1966 Porsche are both 2 seaters of roughly the same size (length and width). The Porsche weighs 1050kg the MB 1440kg.

Where the Porsche might have 4 screws holding something on/together, the Merc has 8 thicker ones.

I am convinced INEOS will make an "light" off road version in a 5 years weighing 400KG less
See.. my Defender is the same size and 500kg (at least lighter).

The overwhelming impression I get in that car is it's a slapped together hodge podge of absolutely the bare minimum. No kidding when you close the back door the whole body wobbles.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The overwhelming impression I get in that car is it's a slapped together hodge podge of absolutely the bare minimum. No kidding when you close the back door the whole body wobbles.
"That car" as in your Defender, or the Gren? Also, real Defender, or new one?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score

In my old Defender the co drivers door just bounces back if you slam it. I always tell everyone to treat it like a woman. They than slam it with more force and I just look and shake my head 🤦. It only works gently but with emphasis.

Back
Top Bottom