The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Problems in your Grenadier

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
How do you turn the radio OFF always comes back on I don't want it on but cant turn it off.
Also if the phone is used when the radio is on to say take a picture check email or web the radio turns off and it streams things if your volume is on mute it uses up all your data.
The. rear compartment lights and rear passenger lights come on when you open the rear doors even though they are switched to off on the overhead console filling the interior with insects in the dark.
Everything else is fantastic Petrol RHD TM

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
How do you turn the radio OFF always comes back on I don't want it on but cant turn it off.
Also if the phone is used when the radio is on to say take a picture check email or web the radio turns off and it streams things if your volume is on mute it uses up all your data.
The. rear compartment lights and rear passenger lights come on when you open the rear doors even though they are switched to off on the overhead console filling the interior with insects in the dark.
Everything else is fantastic Petrol RHD TM
I don’t know how to turn the radio off either, so I don’t use it. The whole touch screen thingy and apple car play stuff with duplicated controls between the seats all get on my wick! I would happily pay to have the screen ripped out and a CD player in it’s place.
If there wasn’t a screen, nobody would receive the error messages. The small panel in front of the driver is sufficient for real warnings.
I liked the original concept of low tech etc….. 🤷‍♂️
I think the vehicle is very good overall and have now driven 2,500 miles and the error messages are becoming fewer. 😎

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know how to turn the radio off either, so I don’t use it. The whole touch screen thingy and apple car play stuff with duplicated controls between the seats all get on my wick! I would happily pay to have the screen ripped out and a CD player in it’s place.
If there wasn’t a screen, nobody would receive the error messages. The small panel in front of the driver is sufficient for real warnings.
I think the vehicle is very good overall and have now driven 2,500 miles and the error messages are becoming fewer. 😎
P.S.
Am I the only person who turns their phone off when in the vehicle? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
NOOOOOO
It is impossible for you to be that old and still be driving.:eek:;)
Why a CD player???
Not a cassette or 8 track?
A tiny orchestra in the glove box (given the glove box size they will have to be extra tiny)

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NOOOOOO
Why a CD player???
A tiny orchestra in the glove box (given the glove box size they will have to be extra tiny)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got hundreds of CDs but only a few 8 track cassettes left. ☹️
I threw all of mine out.
Along with my records and cassettes.
My current car has an onboard hard drive that I have loaded 859 songs on via a thumb drive and the USB port.
Most of those songs were illegally downloaded using VPN from pirate sites such as 1337x.to

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I threw all of mine out.
My current car has an onboard hard drive that I have loaded 859 songs on via a thumb drive and the USB port.
Most of those songs were illegally downloaded using VPN from pirate sites such as 1337x.to
Amateur.
Spotify gives me tens of thousands 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Why a CD player???
I have hundreds of cd's which contain songs you cannot get on Spotify/YT/Google music
I'm not going to convert them all to mp3s
Does the Ineos have USB music input?

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
NOOOOOO
Why a CD player???
AM mono radio! OG style.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have hundreds of cd's which contain songs you cannot get on Spotify/YT/Google music
I'm not going to convert them all to mp3s
Does the Ineos have USB music input?
Indeed it does. It's selected on the main screen. usb sockets in the cubby box are USB.2 data inputs /charge, while the usb sockets on the external rear face of the cubby are 2.1Amp and 3.1Amps power outlets respectively.
I've been experimenting with a 128Gb miniature usb stick with 4 thousand Mp3 tracks ... works well!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
NOOOOOO
Why a CD player???
Record player!
1689915633435.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed it does. It's selected on the main screen. usb sockets in the cubby box are USB.2 data inputs /charge, while the usb sockets on the external rear face of the cubby are 2.1Amp and 3.1Amps power outlets respectively.
I've been experimenting with a 128Gb miniature usb stick with 4 thousand Mp3 tracks ... works well!
I have an external cd drive that can attach via usb; not sure if it will work buy I guess soon I'll know!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
I threw all of mine out.
Threw all mine out years ago. Ripped the CD's to Synology, but tend to use Apple music these days. Films, what with all the streaming services no need for DVD's.

My son tends to have all the latest films - don't know where he "buys" them from.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I could load a USB stick up with thousands of songs.
But I can't switch albums/sings quickly on the fly.
As I can with a stack of cds , or in the olden days , a bunch of cassettes.
I'm not a random pop playlist sort of listener, more into album oriented stuff for grownups 😁

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could load a USB stick up with thousands of songs.
But I can't switch albums/sings quickly on the fly.
As I can with a stack of cds , or in the olden days , a bunch of cassettes.
I'm not a random pop playlist sort of listener, more into album oriented stuff for grownups 😁
I rarely use a play list. In previous vehicles I could simply hit "shuffle" and listen to what came up next. Didn't like it so press the "next" button on the steering wheel. After a while the adaptive algorithm would stay within the "genre" at least and sometimes even multiple tracks from the same artist...
Otherwise I would open the window and soak in the lazy burble of an older style V8!;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
After a while the adaptive algorithm would stay within the "genre" at least and sometimes even multiple tracks from the same artist...
Spotify and others do that.
But many artists' back catalogues are held by old/defunct/other labels. Thus the tracks remain with the enthusiasts!

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RHD, AUSTRALIA OWNER
Only 300kms on the clock, took the car out to some loose surface to test all functions.
Low range/high range no problem, centre locker all good same with front and rear lockers. Off-road mode good. Hill decent control great. Didnt test wading mode. But All modes activated and deactivated by user input.

However 2 problems with my electronics-
Firstly seatbelt warning. For the 3 rear seats everytime I start the car it alerts no seatbelts are on. However leaving the car running and in park for a minute they then turn off.

Second problem, I had all lockers off and back in high range but it was still alerting me that lockers were disengaging. This occured after first turning off front locker. Then rear and then centre. Front and rear took a bit to indicate they were off but I could definitely tell front was off as the steering was far easier than when initially turning on.

Off road mode is great with all the info on the display. And what lockers are activated.
I absolutely love this car. Feels very similar to my 300tdi discovery 1, just more refined, powerful and safer and slightly bigger space.

There is just one thing currently I would change. The low range selector.... It feels so cheap and I worry it still split in half. You can feel the join and the ball is hard cheap plastic. Hopefully an aftermarket comes out.

Car is to be ceramic coated and front windows tinted to match privacy glass, whilst privacy glass be getting UV clear tint as Ive been told the privacy glass offers no UV protection.

To add. Apart from the seatbelts I've had no other bings or bongs

Attachments

• PXL_20230721_043824558.jpg
    PXL_20230721_043824558.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20230721_043328665.jpg
    PXL_20230721_043328665.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20230721_042630049.jpg
    PXL_20230721_042630049.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 48
Back