The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pre-empting next delivery issue

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
For those lucky enough to be on the agency model

You see your truck at the dealers, it has the correct engine, it is the colour you ordered and it has most of the options specified.
You pay INEOS Automotive by BACS.
You wait 3 months for the payment to work its way through IA systems (it gets lost a couple of times)
IA register your vehicle (timescale depending on strikes)
Dealer finally gets a message that vehicle is ok to collect
Book vehicle in for its 12month service week later.

sne

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
For those lucky enough to be on the agency model

You see your truck at the dealers, it has the correct engine, it is the colour you ordered and it has most of the options specified.
You pay INEOS Automotive by BACS.
You wait 3 months for the payment to work its way through IA systems (it gets lost a couple of times)
IA register your vehicle (timescale depending on strikes)
Dealer finally gets a message that vehicle is ok to collect
Book vehicle in for its 12month service week later.
I understand, BACS is a UK specific payment system? In GE auch proceedings would be VERY unusual. Payment is usually processed between the buyer and the dealer, always a little bit tricky in the virtual legal moment when money is transferred and the ownership, too.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
UK operate the agent model, so the legal relationship is between customer and IA.

I have to admit given the current farce I would like a clear process and timeline between payment and collection of the vehicle.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously uk customers for those who have signed contracts, how is it defined?

It was previously explained that you’d be contacted for payment prior to shipment, but most now will want to see vehicles prior making payment. Even then you make payment and the registration process starts.
IA could be sitting on your cash for weeks prior to the vehicle being made ready for collection at dealer.
As far as I am aware no one has been asked for payment yet, so when final payment is made and all parties are at the behest of DVLA who knows what the wait maybe.

Or maybe they are restructuring the arrangement and this is the cause of the delay.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi Tartan
Just checked the contract and payment must be made 2 days prior to collection, the collection of the vehicle must be made within 14 days of notification from Ineos it is ready for collection.
There is also a clause to allow the purchaser to return the vehicle within 14 days under the remote selling law.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @nd do we assume from that they are now set up for digital registration with DVLA.

There must be a process matching bacs payments to trigger vehicle release and update on dealer portal. Hope it’s better than their current IT solutions. Hope they have weekend support.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
don't assume anything with Ineos :unsure: i assumed i would be in the car in 2022.
I would imagine the dealer gets it, PDI's its, fits any dealer fitted parts then gives Ineos the ok to notify the buyer to arrange payment/collection.
I did read somewhere (so many posts i get confused)that you can't put a personal plate on it direct from the dealer due to the Ineos/DVLA portal??

Back
Top Bottom