The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

PPF Matt Wrap

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
So, I Pick up my Grenadier almost 2 weeks ago, Had it for less than 24hrs before dropping it off for a PPF Full body Matt finish Wrap.
I also was away for work for 11 days and just got back Today. My First objective was not to go home to my Wife after a 10hr drive but to go
directly to see the progress of my PPF wrap on my Grenadier that I have missed. Please see the up to date photo's. Should be ready by the weekend, fingers crossed.
There is a lot of work involved, no stencils yet either.

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 501

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, I Pick up my Grenadier almost 2 weeks ago, Had it for less than 24hrs before dropping it off for a PPF Full body Matt finish Wrap.
I also was away for work for 11 days and just got back Today. My First objective was not to go home to my Wife after a 10hr drive but to go
directly to see the progress of my PPF wrap on my Grenadier that I have missed. Please see the up to date photo's. Should be ready by the weekend, fingers crossed.
I believe that there are a couple of companies that have developed the patterns.
Xpel is one I think

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
That looks great.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Matte over Donny? Or a new/different color?

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
This looks absolutely stunning! I plan to do the same with my Inky Black. Can you give us a range on cost?

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
They use Suntek and they didn't have it when I dropped the car off.
This looks awesome! Congratulations. Suntek is a VERY reputable product. Every bit as good as XPEL and others. I’m not surprised at all that there is not a pattern available yet. You’re providing a service to other owners. Your installer will learn valuable lessons regarding install on the grenadier. Can’t wait to see the finished result!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe that there are a couple of companies that have developed the patterns.
Xpel is one I think
Most professional installers do not use patterns. They take bulk PPF of your choice and cut an oversized piece for the area to be covered. The advantage to this method is a superior install because they wrap the edges vs. a pre-cut piece which generally ends just short of the edges resulting in a visible line/seam.

Pre-cut kits are usually much cheaper though😁

Nice install @21DFND. Looks really good.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I love it, would like to see the completely finished vehicle when it’s done.

The idea of PPF really appeals to me, the paying for it isn’t that appealing I have to admit.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Matte PPF over Donny, Looks like a gun metal grey finish.
Thanks for posting the progress. I only became aware of Matte PPF a couple months ago and decided to go that route when I take delivery.

Looks incredible over the Donny Grey. I'm considering changing my spec to Sterling Silver because the frosted effect looks so good over the metallic paint.

Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
Brother this is 🔥🔥🔥

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Finished Result, Very Very pleased with the new look. Great to compare it with the original color.

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2272.jpg
    IMG_2272.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 344

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks really good. It appears the door hinges weren’t wrapped. Am I seeing that right? If so, was it too much of a PIA for the installer or too much extra expense to wrap them? Either way it looks great!!

I wonder what a Magic Mushroom color with satin PPF would look like 🤔😁

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks really good. It appears the door hinges weren’t wrapped. Am I seeing that right? If so, was it too much of a PIA for the installer or too much extra expense to wrap them? Either way it looks great!!

I wonder what a Magic Mushroom color with satin PPF would look like 🤔😁
Apparently the whole job was a PIA, took almost 3 weeks. PPF film is thick and they were not able to do it in Matte with a clean finish, they could have maybe covered most of it if it was the clear finish. had them do ceramic coating on all the door hinges,

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes sense. Most of the hinge wraps I’ve seen were all vinyl, which is much thinner. I wonder if a clear satin vinyl wrap would be better than a ceramic coating and at the same time match your PPF. Vinyl would definitely offer more protection from rocks and such than a ceramic coating.

Just thinking out loud brother. Congrats either way…3wks is definitely a long time but it looks like the wait was worth it.

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
I am so glad that I found this post. My IG on order is Donny Grey and I was just on the phone today talking to a company that does PPF wraps and the Matte finish has thoughts going through my head. I was thinking of possibly doing a silver vinyl wrap on the roof with the Donny Grey, but I do really love the Matte finish on the Donny Grey. This will give me something to do while I wait for my vehicle.

BVB

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Cost, please??

Back
Top Bottom