The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power for dash mounted devices

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Is there a picture of the actual footwell plugs showing their exact location? Not the circulation diagram but a real picture? Are they Anderson plugs on the underside of the lower dashboard or mounted on the side of the footwell? Or are they behind the trim with access points in the trim for future use?

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Very good question about power supplies. No doubt we will find a source but shame it’s not built in. But then again that’s half of the fun.

I would think in the age of web cams that more vehicles would have considered thier installation.

The open area in front for the driver warning light panel could house your HEMA/IPad setup.😎

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
I'm happy to have 12v on a separate switched circuit under the dash, with any luck there are circuits readily accessible for Ignition and Constant 12v under there somewhere too. I'm actually kinda glad they haven't put USB A or USB C ports everywhere as either could be quite dated in 20 years time. I still have to dig to find a USB B mini cable when I need to pair a PS3 controller or update/charge my garmin b/c of how fast USB micro replaced it on devices. Giving access to 12v power allows the owner to decide where and how many of any of these the want. I'll likely install a small panel that supports a few additional blue sea power points in the back of the center console and a small USB C hub behind the dash.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming the console switch segments are actually separate and individually fastened in place, AND, as someone else has already noted, the heated seats are not fitted, then their respective fascia plates are "begging" to be repurposed! Hopefully IA deliver on their promise of open access to wiring diagrams ;)

IGConsole.JPG

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
Assuming the console switch segments are actually separate and individually fastened in place, AND, as someone else has already noted, the heated seats are not fitted, then their respective fascia plates are "begging" to be repurposed! Hopefully IA deliver on their promise of open access to wiring diagrams ;)

View attachment 7802902
No heated seats?!!!!! Heathen.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No heated seats?!!!!! Heathen.
Not necessary... SE Queensland near the coast is 'sub-tropical'.... Most of the year it's between 20 and 30 deg C +/- 10deg C for the extremes in summer and winter.
I used travel to LA and Seattle a lot in the long ago days when I had a real job ;). If I had the chance to live in the PNW I'd certainly order heated seats. :D

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well if I decide this unit doesn't keep doing a fine job I'll work out something else :)
I have something similar based on a cheap first aid cabinet from Bunnings ("Big Box" hardware store chain in Australia) .. I built it for the Santa Fe diesel ...connected to a 100AH LiFePO4 deep cell. The red Anderson plug supplies (smart) alternator power, the yellow is for solar panel input. The blue Anderson plug on top is for Li battery connection (different colour Anderson plugs are not inter-compatible). Controlled by Victron BMV712 smart meter with shunt. Projecta 25Amp Lithium DC-DC charger with solar input. Connects to a smart charger-compatible Anderson plug in cargo section of the SantaFe. I use it for CB UHF, a Bushman car fridge etc on long trips

20221007_162027-rev.jpg20230211_141736.jpg20230211_141935.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
People are going to want to mount a range of devices on the dash at various times: dashcams, phones, tablets with off-road navigation, head up displays etc. and there are no USB power outlets on the binnacle, the closest ones are in the centre cubby box. However there is power to a couple of places in the footwells, I think one each side standard and an additional one in the passenger footwell with electrical preparation and high load panel. So thinking about ways to solve that in a neat but convenient and interchangeable way. My mind is going to mounting something like this behind the touchscreen and wiring to one of those points behind the dash, but wondering what other ideas people have?
View attachment 7802823
Thanks, Good idea

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7802902
I can’t recall where, but someone posted that the stuff on that control panel is not backlit. Has anyone seen any nighttime/dark interior photos?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know where the climate temp is displayed?

Back
Top Bottom