The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pickup version spotted today in Graz

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
It seems that some ago Ineos switched from quite open comms on the pickup to standard auto manufacturer mode ~ don't talk about future product too much less you damage current sales.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems that some ago Ineos switched from quite open comms on the pickup to standard auto manufacturer mode ~ don't talk about future product too much less you damage current sales.
Yeah - it seems that way.

Local time
Reaction score
I can't see any reference to the pickup in the article?
As they have grown more and more of their staff come from established auto makers bringing their culture with them you only have to look at profiles.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Here is a new article about the pick up version. It’s in German, but I put the deepl.com translation under the link.

These pictures are from the article (made by Stefan Baldauf)
There are more in the article.
1679835992802.jpeg1679835964255.jpeg

Here drives the stretch all-terrain vehicle from Ineos

Erlkönig Ineos Grenadier Pick-up

We caught the new pick-up of the Ineos Grenadier completely uncloaked. The elongated off-roader with cargo area will arrive at the end of the year.
Author: Torsten Seibt

It was no secret that Ineos will bring the new Grenadier off-roader also in a pick-up version. The company had already candidly published computer-generated images of such a version when it pre-announced the models in summer 2020. It is also fitting that the Grenadier follows in the footsteps of the classic Land Rover Defender, which, in addition to the standard variants, also had an extended pick-up, the Defender 130.

During test drives in the far north, our prototype photographer has now caught the production version of the new Ineos Grenadier pick-up. Our thanks also go to Ineos itself. Even during the tests of the pre-production models of the standard Grenadier, they didn't think much of the usual camouflage foil games of the car industry and thus gave an early preview of the final design.

Longer wheelbase, larger doors

Clearly recognisable is the extended wheelbase. While the rear wheel cut-out on the Grenadier Station Wagon extends into the rear door cut-outs, it is clearly behind them on the pick-up. Together with the greatly extended rear overhang, the load area should thus grow to at least the class-standard 1.5 metres in length. At the same time, this modified body line should make it even easier to get into the second row of the Grenadier pick-up than in the Station Wagon, because the door cut-out is larger.

In contrast to the first design draft from 2020, the Grenadier Pick-up is shown with a conventional tailgate with an indentation; the originally sketched out curved shape did not go into series production. The prototype and probably also the production model carry the spare wheel upright on the side of the load bed. There is not enough space to hang it under the load bed, as is the case with Japanese midsize pick-ups, because of the voluminous exhaust system. This could be a shortcoming for users who need as much space as possible on the platform.

With BMW six-cylinder engines

The Grenadier pick-up will be powered by the two engines of the Station Wagon. The three-litre six-cylinder engines provided by BMW produce 249 hp as diesel and 286 hp as petrol. The eight-speed automatic is standard. The cockpit will also remain unchanged with its unusual aircraft look, which the Grenadier pick-up takes over completely from the Station Wagon.

Ineos director Mark Tennant announced in an interview that the Grenadier pick-up could make its official debut as early as the end of 2023. That would mean first deliveries at the beginning of 2024. In terms of price, it is still difficult to make a prediction. It is possible that the pick-up will be positioned between the five-seater Station Wagon and the five-seater Utility Wagon, which could mean a base price of around 70,000 euros.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This article references 150k global reservations, and not pickup
And they appear to be quoting Justin Hocevar:

"Hocevar did not specify the sales target, but revealed that global reservations surpassed 150,000, which, he said, is “a very strong number.”

That's a huge number, much higher than anything I've seem quoted previously. 😲

Local time
Reaction score
Any guess on bed length from pictures. It looks to be 6.5 feet long
My money says 5 feet - exactly.

The Ram 2500/3500 standard bed is 6' 4", and the Ford Superduty standard bed is 6' 9".

The Grenadier bed looks identical in size to the standard Tacoma bed (four-door model) and the Jeep Gladiator bed - both of which are 5 feet.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent. 👌

Looks like they've gone for a fabric material rather than the horrible plastic JLR moved to.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
They are moving this along at quite a fast pace. In the SA video, the Ineos agent indicated that they would have a prototype in the fall for an offroad show. This feels like they could go in production tomorrow.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Looks the dogs dangles, maybe i should have waited!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
@nd, you will be able to flip yours for a premium or even breakeven. My game plan is if this hits US shores, I will sell my Gren and use the proceeds to purchase the UTE. If it doesn't come here, I will still have a great vehicle to drive.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
They are moving this along at quite a fast pace. In the SA video, the Ineos agent indicated that they would have a prototype in the fall for an offroad show. This feels like they could go in production tomorrow.
Is that the fall/autumn in South Africa or America?

Back
Top Bottom