The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pickup version spotted today in Graz

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I hardly know anything about the pick up market. The only thing is that the market outside of Europe is reasonable big. On the other side the production capacity of Ineos is limited within narrow boundaries. For sure there is an intersection of some thousand people worldwide who will purchase it although it’s far more expensive than the rest of the market.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Yeah $100k plus in the dual cab ute market - I have my doubts to be honest.
In metro areas it may get lost between the $70k dual cab ute and the $130k US 1500 class truck customer. Brand recognition will be important in the cashed up tradie market, not sure how the Grenadier will go over. If you tell your Bro you just bought a Ranger Raptor or a Ram 1500 they will think you're a freakin' legend, tell them you bought a Grenadier and you will get crickets.

It will need to be available with a tray instead of the tub to win over the Landcruiser 70 series market. Toyota sold 11,390 Landcruiser pickups & crew cabs here last year, if they can convert 2000+ of those sales to Grenadiers I would think that is a win.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
To take market share, Ineos would need to provide the higher payload and towing capabilities. The currently the payload is on par with the ram and ranger.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know… what do Aussies think about this?
Sure, the top selling vehicles are utes, but it’s not like the LR Defender 130 Dual Cab ever sold like hot cakes.
I speculate that the average (ie.) Ranger buyer wants a family sedan up front and space for their trade out the back.
Or do we think the ‘outback tourer’ market is that big?
I say that having never owned one (dual cab ute that is).
I've been a long time observer of the Australian Land Rover forum AULRO.com and have formed the view that if the Grenadier is produced as a single and dual cab -chassis it will become a very strong seller. In Sept 2017, one of the AULRO forum members started a thread "Ineos Grenadier -do you think it will take off?"
That thread now runs to 92 pages, 900+ comments and almost 93 thousand views.... quite a number also frequent this forum!;)

Speaking with the local dealer recently, he was surprised at the number of 'classic' LR Defender owners asking about part payment using their current vehicle as the trade-in when their Grenadier arrives. Others have dropped by to chat indicating that they're waiting for the dual cab version to replace their current dual cab (including 130 owners) as their work /touring vehicle. Quite a number of regular AULRO LR owners have kept their LR Defender but bought one of the "usual suspect" dual cabs for work/play simply because LR had nothing equivalent to what has evolved as the Grenadier . I get the sense that while the S/W model will suit many, there is pent-up demand for the extended wheelbase Genadier cab/chassis ... adequate supply is going to be the problem... one step at a time as "they" say!
Anyway, that's my "two bobs worth"! :)

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I've been a long time observer of the Australian Land Rover forum AULRO.com and have formed the view that if the Grenadier is produced as a single and dual cab -chassis it will become a very strong seller. In Sept 2017, one of the AULRO forum members started a thread "Ineos Grenadier -do you think it will take off?"
That thread now runs to 92 pages, 900+ comments and almost 93 thousand views.... quite a number also frequent this forum!;)
Agree, and also noticing plenty of AULRO members on here (myself included)

And... what choice have they - owners of Old Defenders - got? LR pushed the Old Defender down an evolutionary dead end. The ND is not the modular platform that the OD was, or the IG will be...

Has anyone been inside the current Toyota 70 series utes?

I think the IG ute will sell by the ship-full

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
  • The Grenadier pick-up truck is currently being tested with a winter trip to Sweden planned in the next few weeks. North American availability for the truck and the 127” long-wheelbase Grenadier SUV is still TBD. Unfortunately, the diesel option will not be sold in North America to begin with.

So they are looking into a LWB version, now that may have me holding my order, assuming it is coming to the usa.........

For reference the new defender 130 has a wheelbase of 119" it's not much of a comparison but mentally it gives me some context.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am holding off on my order, I have decided. I want the pickup and I am willing to wait. We are getting the 2024 model and I do believe, gut feeling, the LWB and the Pick up will come with SWB. If not I will wait until they show up.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Australian Dual Cab market is HOT has been for 15 years. Gren Dual Cab will sell out no doubt about it, but only because of lower available volume. Toyota Hilix/Ranger will hold tight the 'cheaper' but still expensive mid market and Landcruisers still selling hard at the $100K mark. I do not see value in either the $70K market or the $110K markets for these variants. If I buy a work ute - 2nd hand Triton for $30K. Done.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dave-

Last Friday, at the Victorian Drive event, Justin Hocevars said to me he was confident the dual cab would match the sales of the station wagons.

I specially asked him if IA would sell more than the initially budgeted 1,200 in Australia in year 1, which was publicly announced back in late 2021.

He said they will probably sell 2,500 Grenadiers in Australia for the first full year of production, double expectation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave-

Last Friday, at the Victorian Drive event, Justin Hocevars said to me he was confident the dual cab would match the sales of the station wagons.

I specially asked him if IA would sell more than the initially budgeted 1,200 in Australia in year 1, which was publicly announced back in late 2021.

He said they will probably sell 2,500 Grenadiers in Australia for the first full year of production, double expectation.
Yes that was similar to a conversation I had with him previously.
I think if they can get the cab chassis version up from 3550 to 4,000 or 42250 they will sell plenty
Forget the Belstaff versions

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
An interesting specification requirement to fit a BMW motorbike
Anyone know the dimensions of the BMW 1200 GS?

View attachment 7804473

The wheelbase of a GSA is a bit shorter than it's competition from KTM and Triumph; the GSA sits at 57.8 inch wheelbase; the Tiger Explorer is 61.41 and the KTM 990 is 61.8. All of these bikes have a 21" front wheel, I think, and I'm pretty sure they all run a similar rear tire (within an inch or so). The GSA is by far the sales leader in the segment, so perhaps that's why the picked it; it's certainly one of the heavier adventure bikes so from that perspective it's the "biggest", but in terms of physical dimensions it's not the largest to use as a benchmark.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Fresh News from an Italian well known and authoritative magazine:

It is in Italian language, with some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom