The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pickup version spotted today in Graz

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Ship it without the bed. The install bed state side
Does that actually beat the system? If so, I'd imagine it would have been taken advantage by now by other manufacturers. Ford got busted for the van thing and I'd imagine there have been others caught with their hands on the cookie jar.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Many of the UK sub 3.5ton double cab pick ups are shipped with no tub as the weight would put them below the one ton payload limit . So if you want a 3.5 ton double cab transit it will be a chassis cab with the tipper added later.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Does that actually beat the system? If so, I'd imagine it would have been taken advantage by now by other manufacturers. Ford got busted for the van thing and I'd imagine there have been others caught with their hands on the cookie jar.
Well I dug deeper and the loop hole was closed in 1980's. Japan was doing this but finally congress shut it down. Then Subaru created the Brat by sticking passenger seats in the bed. That was shut down mid 80s. I did learn that trucks coming through Mexico or Canada have no chicken tax. Plus I learned that Magna has more than 130 manufacturing facilities and over 73,000 employees throughout Canada, Mexico, and the United States,. What's not to say Ineos has it finished in Canada or Mexico and brought over the boarder.

Last edited:
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Finger's crossed INEOS is able to figure something out... the chicken tax certainly seems to lead to sub-optimal outcomes for consumers. Although I do agree with others that they look a bit disproportionate (and I really dislike the tail lights), overall I am a fan of the truck, and want to see them on the streets here.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Finger's crossed INEOS is able to figure something out... the chicken tax certainly seems to lead to sub-optimal outcomes for consumers. Although I do agree with others that they look a bit disproportionate (and I really dislike the tail lights), overall I am a fan of the truck, and want to see them on the streets here.
It would be great to see over here. But is there really a viable market?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't see it - too much competition at friendlier prices.

I know pickups have worse departure angles by nature, but I have to imagine that's going to be pretty bad without some bigger tires.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The more I look at the bodywork, the more I wish they extend the cab back and have a massive load space. not sure if it would be classed as a van then though.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think it would be a special order, not something dealers would have on the lot. But most cars are moving to the custom order. It's cost-effective for everyone and the dealer does not have to sell at a discount to clear lots. I know my family 20 years ago went that way with bicycles. We had bikes in the shop for sizing but everything was ordered and it was available to pick up a week later. No one cared because we were able to give it at a lower cost plus we never had to clean out dead assets.

Local time
Reaction score
I think it would be a special order, not something dealers would have on the lot. But most cars are moving to the custom order. It's cost-effective for everyone and the dealer does not have to sell at a discount to clear lots. I know my family 20 years ago went that way with bicycles. We had bikes in the shop for sizing but everything was ordered and it was available to pick up a week later. No one cared because we were able to give it at a lower cost plus we never had to clean out dead assets.
Agreed. I can see having a few on hand, but the days of having acres of inventory in stock are over.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't see it - too much competition at friendlier prices.

I know pickups have worse departure angles by nature, but I have to imagine that's going to be pretty bad without some bigger tires.
If the market we are comparing to is the Tacoma and Colorado, likely not. It will ultimately come down to price. I can see that truck selling so well in Tahoe, Jackson, Dallas... where people with big money are that also crave an adventurous or outdoorsy look (while almost certainly being pavement princesses). It will have appeal due to its authentic, rugged nature, but cost will determine the qty sold, IF it is available IMO.

Also, I think throwing some 33s or 35s will smooth out those proportions, similar to the Gladiator (or any modern Jeep, now that I think about it).

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Name of the pick-up will be QUARTERMASTER

Translated from Italian:

On the occasion of the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2023 (13-16 July) we will present, in world premiere, the double cab pick-up ... the new Grenadier Quartermaster.
The new Grenadier Quartermaster will debut alongside the Grenadier Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FCEV), a vehicle that showcases the potential of hydrogen fuel cell technology for a future with zero emissions and extended range even for 4X4s.
The 2023 edition of the Goodwood Festival of Speed celebrates two very special motoring anniversaries: the 75th of motoring activities at Goodwood and the 75th of the iconic Belstaff Trialmaster jacket, which lends its name to one of our Grenadier trims.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Ineos Homepage is updated, too…

Local time
Reaction score
Man the rear overhang on that is pretty bad for an off-roader. I don't see this doing well in the US, look at the Jeep Gladiator, it's not doing well compared to initial hype. At least for the Gladiator, the bed has all the negatives (longer wheel base, worse overhang, etc) and not enough of the positives (can't fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood between the wheel wells, etc). My understanding at least. I think they look cool and hope they do well but I'm with the others, a bit more rear seat leg room in a longer wheelbase "van" version may be more practical. I've got a crew cab 1/2 ton (2019 RAM) and even with a 5'5" bed I get hella annoyed doing truck things with it. It's nicer to park than a "standard" bed or larger, but is definitely a bit crippled as a tuck.
But the interior space sure is massive, road trips in it are fantastic!
Hopefully Ineos will get the kinks ironed out of the wagon before they get too overloaded with another model.

Back
Top Bottom