The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phones/ iOS and Android OS

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Terms like sheep, snobbery. Sure.

My advice is that the USB C has many different versions even though they look the same from the outside. So trying different cables might do the trick.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
It’s reverse snobbery (a horrible phenomenon that’s extremely common in the UK unfortunately).
It is very funny. I remember back when I got my first Mac and was met with doom-n-gloom prophecies of how apple would fail, their products were junk and would never amount to anything. Laugh all you want, I bought AAPL at $17 :ROFLMAO:

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
It's a stigma from when Android was complete & utter shite. With the release of Google's Pixel phones Android properly matured and has now become the superior operating system IMHO (but only on a Pixel). Apple users would often defend the extortionate prices saying security was better, evident by govt dept's & mission critical applications banning the use of Android. e.g. Qantas. But that was mainly due to Apple's walled garden approach where users couldn't install rogue Apps that might compromise security. Android security is now on par, you just don't get security issues. Where people get into trouble is 'rooting' the phone & using Apps not in the Google Play store. Apple's business model was brilliant, once a user stepped into the ecosystem they typically jumped in with both feet for all their tech needs. But, when you needed to upgrade you'd have to sell your first born. Warren Buffet realised this and Apple now represents 49% of his portfolio. Friends have spent many thousands of dollars over the years buying the lastest phones, iPads, watches and Macbooks. Google's problem was that phone manufacturers would butcher the OS by overlaying their own bloated, slow, crap software to try and one up the competition. Most have learned their lesson (particulalry Samsung) and now paired this back to a more vanilla Android experience, but the damage is done. The cheaper Pixel 'a' range of phones are a no brainer when trying to choose a new Android phone. Every other brand just can't put together a product that ticks all the boxes.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
I have just switched to apple, after 10 + years on android. Why, just too many apple advantages. Work provides me with an IPad, daughters iPhone is easily tracked, new wife runs iPhone, am now too old to be bothered with extracting the advantages of android, it just works, more compatible with the new IG.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
My son-in-law has an iPhone, and it connected to my Gren seamlessly and totally wirelessly, I have an android Samsung phone and have had to connect to Android Auto every time by way of a usb-c cable. What a bloody nuisance having to connect in this way, oft leading to my leaving the phone in the car after a journey instead of having it on my person.

Today I received from Amazon a Wireless Android Auto Dongle, and 2 minutes later all connected and what joy and relief to have a seamless and wireless connection, just like an iPhone connection!

AAWireless 2023 (other makes/brands are available.)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
My son-in-law has an iPhone, and it connected to my Gren seamlessly and totally wirelessly, I have an android Samsung phone and have had to connect to Android Auto every time by way of a usb-c cable. What a bloody nuisance having to connect in this way, oft leading to my leaving the phone in the car after a journey instead of having it on my person.

Today I received from Amazon a Wireless Android Auto Dongle, and 2 minutes later all connected and what joy and relief to have a seamless and wireless connection, just like an iPhone connection!

The Grenadier has WiFi, did you have to give some password linked to the Grenadier? I am really interested in your solution! :love:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier has WiFi, did you have to give some password linked to the Grenadier? I am really interested in your solution! :love:
No you connect the box to the car via cable then the phone will connect to the box, its a wireless link for the cable, they work well, my friend has the Motorola MA1, that works well in his VW.
MA1
There are lots of others, and some are supposed to be better than the MA1 , its been out for a while.
just search for wireless android auto adapter

CB

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Modern vehicles most all have both wireless Android and Apple. Ineos chose not to for some reason. My guess, in the next year Ineos will install a better operating system which will also offer over the air updates, satellite radio and wireless android and Apple.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Modern vehicles most all have both wireless Android and Apple. Ineos chose not to for some reason. My guess, in the next year Ineos will install a better operating system which will also offer over the air updates, satellite radio and wireless android and Apple.
Could be a BMW thing, the Mini only has Car Play and no Android auto

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My guess, in the next year Ineos will install a better operating system which will also offer over the air updates, satellite radio and wireless android and Apple.
Then I will know Projekt Grenadier is truly dead and the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My iPhone connects automatically most of the time… but my brother’s Android Samsung needs the USB-C connection. We have spotted Bluetooth devices which remain plugged in to the car and connect wirelessly to the Android phone.
Does anyone have any experience of these? In Grenadier? Or in a lesser machine? 🫢

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
My guess, in the next year Ineos will install a better operating system which will also offer over the air updates, satellite radio and wireless android and Apple.
You spelled “worse” wrong. IMO. :ROFLMAO:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom