The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phones/ iOS and Android OS

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
My s61 sits in my tool pocket with my stanley knife , screws , keys its 4 years old only thing not working is the air quality monitor its bashed and ugly just like me

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Total of 466 members in the past 24 hours

Browsers​

Chrome (includes Android, Edge and Safari) = 429
Firefox = 37
Other = 0

Operating systems​

Android mobile = 46
Android tablet = 6
iPad = 16
iPhone = 133
Linux = 3
macOS = 157
Windows = 101

Totals​

Desktop = 258
Mobile = 179
Tablet = 22

Percentages​

Desktop = 56%
Mobile = 39%
Tablet = 5%

Looking at this it's a really mixed bag for the users here.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Given the age of some of our, ehem, distinguished members, I'd figure this was a popular phone here: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kpixn9-21gadgetjlg.jpg
Most forum members weren't born yesterday you know!

telegraph-featured.jpg

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Browsers​

Firefox = 37
Other = 0

Operating systems​

Android mobile = 46
Android tablet = 6
iPad = 16
iPhone = 133
Linux = 3
macOS = 157
Windows = 101

Totals​

Desktop = 258
Mobile = 179
Tablet = 22

Percentages​

Desktop = 56%
Mobile = 39%
Tablet = 5%

Interesting, I use BRAVE browser on my laptop, and it doesn't show on your stats?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
hardly brave if its hiding....

I'll query it with the developer :) thanks for the heads up.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Samsung user here. I have the money for an iPhone, but don't like the the apple closed operating system. Android is so much more versatile, and the top Android phones have better cameras on the whole than Iphones
My first computers were Apple II, and then Macintosh, fantastic operating system this last one.
But I switched to Microsoft Windows after switching from employer.
And sticked to it until now.

My first real smartphone was the iPhone shortly after being available here. Fantastic machine, but ...
Indeed, very closed system, not versatile, ...
Therefore I decided "no iPhone anymore"
I have now my second Samsung (S20 Ultra 5G), love it!

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Browsers​

Firefox = 37
Other = 0

Operating systems​

Android mobile = 46
Android tablet = 6
iPad = 16
iPhone = 133
Linux = 3
macOS = 157
Windows = 101

Totals​

Desktop = 258
Mobile = 179
Tablet = 22

Percentages​

Desktop = 56%
Mobile = 39%
Tablet = 5%

My browser is Vivaldi, doesn't appear either

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Browsers​

Firefox = 37
Other = 0

Operating systems​

Android mobile = 46
Android tablet = 6
iPad = 16
iPhone = 133
Linux = 3
macOS = 157
Windows = 101

Totals​

Desktop = 258
Mobile = 179
Tablet = 22

Percentages​

Desktop = 56%
Mobile = 39%
Tablet = 5%

The eternal discussions about iPhone or Android!
🤧

The best system is anyway the one you know better and can use better.
:giggle:;)
Well if we ever get any issues going forward with the grenadier car play/android display it's nice to know we have a good mix of members to call on

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I personally don't think Grenadier buyers are dumb, snobs, or livestylists.

I, for one, buy things not because I just have the money to do so, but because I need them. And before I do, I look at what I can do with it, what the quality and durability is like, not to mention the manufacturer's policy and the price-performance ratio.

My cell phone is a very unattractive CAT S41. It's clunky and heavy.

But it's also waterproof and shock reststant, has survived a few harder falls, and once I accidentally ran over it with my motorcycle. It's still in perfect condition and still works flawlessly.

I think it's much closer to what I imagine a typical Grenadier buyer would be.

And btw, after buying a Grenadier, some may not have the money to waste on Apple-like lifestyle products any more.
I had a S41 for a number of years, only issue was signal drop out in some areas. Recently updated to the S75 with the satellite messaging, just waiting on that going live.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I used to have a Cat smartphone, but kept breaking the screens on them! Decided to just go with the Samsung that is a better phone, and leave it in the truck not my pocket when I'm working! It's almost as if because I knew it was tough, I'd push the limits of the CAT even further, and thus break it anyway
I can not complain about mine. I haven't treated it well quite often, but's it's still without any damage. It's now some years old and I hope it will join me a long time to come.

I like it being absolutely waterproof, and together with the extremely bright display I an thus use it a a navigation device on my motorbike, even in heavy rain.

Which model was yours?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So, on the subject of mobile phones, it is a shame that Ineos Automotive haven‘t designed in a location to store your phone when driving and be able to have it on charge - especially considering 99% of us never leave home without a phone! There are USB’s in the storage box between the front seats so power from there but a phone slides around unless secured into a cradle and that means trailing wires.
Has anyone found a decent solution to this quandary?
This Forum is full of people with good ideas so I look forward to seeing the responses!
Thanks in anticipation!
Ill be fitting some RAM mounts on the dash somewhere, as soon as they appear aftermarket!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Read my answer above. I never said anything god or bad regarding Android or iOS and for sure nothing about dumb, snobby or lifestyle Grenadier buyers.
You lay something in my words in quiet an unfair way here. Don’t you think so?

Not my intent. I have intentionally written "I personally think ...". And my reply was more of general kind and triggered by your post because I asked myself how you came to the conclusion that Grenadier buyers would rather buy Apple. It didn't (and doesn't) make sense to me.

Your answer, which i saw only after my posting, does not change much for me. But perhaps your posting was just worded a little unhappily.

Don't take my reply as something personal.

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can not complain about mine. I haven't treated it well quite often, but's it's still without any damage. It's now some years old and I hope it will join me a long time to come.

I like it being absolutely waterproof, and together with the extremely bright display I an thus use it a a navigation device on my motorbike, even in heavy rain.

Which model was yours?
I've had a few, the latest being the S60 i think (first one with the thermal imaging camera)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
In my current car, I just put my iPhone in one of the cup holders. My car has wireless CarPlay so I only put it there so it can get a good signal and it gets warm if I keep it in my pocket. I have a short commute too, so I don't even plug it in unless its really low. I also put it in the cupholder upside down so the microphone is facing up.

Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Samsung user here. I have the money for an iPhone, but don't like the the apple closed operating system. Android is so much more versatile, and the top Android phones have better cameras on the whole than Iphones
I'm the same Android is much better than the closed world of iOS

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have both. I use my Samsung Z-Fold 4 as my everyday phone. Every smart phone I've had since touch screens were introduced on phones has been an android. The Z-Fold is amazing. Huge inside screen, foldable glass! Outside screen to do whatever quickly, on a normal phone sized screen (calls, basic camera, whatever).

I have an iPhone 12 (my first) because it fits in the powered phone pocket on my BMW motorcycle (actually has wireless Qi charger built-in and a USB socket). BMW has always favored iOS for their compatibility. I used my android phone and the stability of the connection was an issue. My motorcycle uses the BMW Motorrad Connected app for nav, music, etc. Other early adopters (2019 BMW RT) had determined that iOS worked better, so I added a line just for my bike. I also have a lot of music on my iTunes library, which I now have loaded in my iPhone / Apple Music. I may have made 20 calls total on the iPhone in the last year. To me, the interface is clunky. I cant figure out why people like them. The apps are difficult to find, except the ones I have put on the home screen. I can't for the life of me understand why people are such Apple fanboys. I used my iPhone for my work '19 Chevy Tahoe and got to experience the Car Play map. I quickly swapped back to Waze because the apple maps app just outright sucks. Also had an issue using Sirius XM for streaming music where if I lost data connection, it would not start playing again once I regained the connection. In fact, I frequently, but not always, would just end up restarting the iPhone because the app no longer worked if the cellular connection was lost.

One good thing I can say is that Siri seems to be better for general info than the Google Assistant voice search tool. Google Assistant was better about 3 phones back (Motorola Droid Max, 2019 timeframe).

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, on the subject of mobile phones, it is a shame that Ineos Automotive haven‘t designed in a location to store your phone when driving and be able to have it on charge - especially considering 99% of us never leave home without a phone! There are USB’s in the storage box between the front seats so power from there but a phone slides around unless secured into a cradle and that means trailing wires.
Has anyone found a decent solution to this quandary?
This Forum is full of people with good ideas so I look forward to seeing the responses!
Thanks in anticipation!
this x 1000!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No offence intended. I didn’t want to say that people with enough money buy an iPhone but that people with only little money will probably buy an Android operated phone.
Given this as presumption I conclude that within the people who have enough money to buy both the distribution will be more equaled just because decisions can be made free of the costs.
I'm not sure how android users are considered "the poors" as the same model Samsung I use currently sells for $2159.99, whereas my iPhone was free with adding a line to my cell plan.

Back
Top Bottom