The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Phones/ iOS and Android OS

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Not my intent. I have intentionally written "I personally think ...". And my reply was more of general kind and triggered by your post because I asked myself how you came to the conclusion that Grenadier buyers would rather buy Apple. It didn't (and doesn't) make sense to me.

Your answer, which i saw only after my posting, does not change much for me. But perhaps your posting was just worded a little unhappily.

Don't take my reply as something personal.
Schwamm drüber
but if you have a look at the forum figures that Stu posted above you see that I am not wrong. The majority of the visitors use iOS.
What that means and why they do so is another question. It just shows that the people here do not have the same distribution between Android and iOS.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure how android users are considered "the poors" as the same model Samsung I use currently sells for $2159.99, whereas my iPhone was free with adding a line to my cell plan.
It’s not the phone but the system which is free. So you can get a cheaper new mobile with Android. But I am sure you knew before writing.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always see "Apple Car Play" on the screens. Has any owner an Android phone? And could he connect it to the info screen without problems?
Let's remember the original question from @Jean Mercier.
I would love to try the connection between a android device to the IG info screen. The mobile is ready as I am. :ninja:
1682973002067.png <---->
android 12

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Does the PTO2 have the ability to show an Andriod phone? I know I use Android and PTO2 will be in Seattle next week. I can try. I prefer AA over Carplay. My wife has Apple and I have Andriod. I know a house divided, multiple fights every month because Andriod doesn't talk to Apple and vice versa. Number of times that I don't get her text or messages is ridiculous.😉

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
A lot of iPhone users will never have a clue what they're missing out on with Android, and you haven't experienced Android properly until you've used Google's range of Pixel phones. Full flexibility, good security and the top rated camera - price now on a par with iPhone.
If you hand a Pixel to an iPhone user, most instantly detest it because they're so used to the restrictive settings menu of an iPhone where supposedly it's all done for you and kept simple, but Apple have always done this to keep users firmly inside the walled garden. For Android users, trying to use an iPhone is like being put into a straighjacket. It drove me nuts trying to setup my elderly neighbour's iPhone, I'd crawl across broken glass before I'd own one. ;) Samsung were successful initially because they undercut Apple and tried to mimic Apple's operating system with a clunky bloated Android overlay but it was a complete balls up. They've now cleaned it up closer to vanilla Android but their prices are ridiculous - reason their revenue has gone off a cliff. The best value smartphone at the moment is the Pixel 6a for about AU$550. It's a no brainer compared to $1500 for an iThingy.

Last edited:

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
I’ve never used Apple CarPlay until Saturday when I picked up the Grenadier. Seems quite good.
oh, to casually mention you have your Grenadier already had me reaching for the kleenex!! Both systems are okay else they would not survive in the market. Its just that they are different, like Mac pc vs Windows. The owner will adapt!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Does the PTO2 have the ability to show an Andriod phone? I know I use Android and PTO2 will be in Seattle next week. I can try. I prefer AA over Carplay. My wife has Apple and I have Andriod. I know a house divided, multiple fights every month because Andriod doesn't talk to Apple and vice versa. Number of times that I don't get her text or messages is ridiculous.😉
Remember to take a phone cable with you...and you can then explain to us Android users how to connect to the Grenadier display for AA. I read recently tht AA is no longer supported by Google and it's now Google Car Services or something equally abstruse.. but still requires a cable to connect... The only vehicle with a cable free Android BT setup which I can seem to operate is the interface in my wife's 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport...it reads texts, tells the time of day, the weather and then also tells you "where to go...or not". Bloody spooky if you ask me ....I've taken to wearing an aluminium foil-lined hat when I drive it... This hat also stops my wonderful wife of 51 yrs from reading my mind... :oops:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Remember to take a phone cable with you...and you can then explain to us Android users how to connect to the Grenadier display for AA. I read recently tht AA is no longer supported by Google and it's now Google Car Services or something equally abstruse.. but still requires a cable to connect... The only vehicle with a cable free Android BT setup which I can seem to operate is the interface in my wife's 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport...it reads texts, tells the time of day, the weather and then also tells you "where to go...or not". Bloody spooky if you ask me ....I've taken to wearing an aluminium foil-lined hat when I drive it... This hat also stops my wonderful wife of 51 yrs from reading my mind... :oops:
I have wireless AA in my car and love it. But I carry a cable so we should be good

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
So now Sir Jim has to make his own phone company to settle this once and for all?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Initial android auto connection has to be via usb-cable Limitation comes from the android app not ineos infotainment.

1683229786037.png

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Initial android auto connection has to be via usb-cable Limitation comes from the android app not ineos infotainment.

View attachment 7810514
AA requires wifi to run. You can have wireless AA by imstalling a AA wireless adaptor for 100USD. Your initial set up for AA will require plugging in then you can run the wireless adaptor.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There is written "connect you telephone with a USB-C connection."

I have this connector on my mobile phone:

USB-Typen-II.jpg

which is Micro USB and thus not USB-C.

Question: Does that mean that I can not connect my mobile phone to the Grenadier?

The phone runs Android.

Back
Top Bottom