The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Permanent warning sound!

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a permanent warning sound. Even if I lock the car, it does not stop. First time that this happens. Just started the car and then the warning sound started. No warning symbols in the display visible. Any ideas how to solve?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a permanent warning sound. Even if I lock the car, it does not stop. First time that this happens. Just started the car and then the warning sound started. No warning symbols in the display visible. Any ideas how to solve?
I had something similar. It was a beeping every second with no symbols in the display.

I fixed it as follows:
Switch off the engine, remove the key and let the vehicle rest until the electronics shut themselves down. This means that the display no longer shows anything. This took about 5 minutes. Then switch the ignition back on and everything was fine.
Good luck!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
take out the fuse(s). One by one, than maybe the sound is gone and you know what caused it. Or in one step disassemble battery cable for 5min.

Vote:
Upvote 1

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I once had the sound, too. Didn´t stop for half an hour. Then I had to leave the car, the tour was finished.
At the next day, I startet the car again.
No sound.
This was a month ago. It didn´t come back. :)

Other posibility: Stop the car, leave it, close it. Wait 15 minutes. Try again. (A tip from my mechanic - it´s like a restart, he told me).

Vote:
Upvote 1

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Thank for the quick responses! It stopped after 15-20 minutes. No active resolution activities from myself. After restart no more sound and the sunday hiking with the family to Piz Gloria (CH) continiued :)

Vote:
Upvote 0

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had this came on loudly while driving then reduced to low tone. Stayed on when car locked . Seemed to come from passenger side speaker. Gave up and left the car for 3 hours while at cinema, When I returned it had stopped. Have looed with the agent.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Had it too, today, here in Germany, after picknick on my way back home. Begun to drive, but went crazy. Stopped the car and waited till the sound stopped. Lost 10 minutes :mad:
Also had this several times (3 or 4 times) since I have the Grenadier (early June 2023). Super annoying, went away from alone after just waiting (outside the car).

I really hope this will be fixed with the upcoming software update. It was announced to me by my dealer Krah + Enders for end of this month, September 2023.

Anybody already has it installed?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it's the PDC (parc distance control) sound. I had that once before.
To test it, you can turn the pdc sound down in the settings.
In my case, it stopped one hour after the engine was switched off.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also had this several times (3 or 4 times) since I have the Grenadier (early June 2023). Super annoying, went away from alone after just waiting (outside the car).

I really hope this will be fixed with the upcoming software update. It was announced to me by my dealer Krah + Enders for end of this month, September 2023.

Anybody already has it installed?
Tomorrow. I hope it fixes some annoying messages on the screen.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Sylvan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Maybe it's the PDC (parc distance control) sound. I had that once before.
To test it, you can turn the pdc sound down in the settings.
In my case, it stopped one hour after the engine was switched off.
This was true for us. We were about to turn around and go home to swap cars, and I asked my wife to go into settings and turn all the volume levels she could find down to zero. The PDC warning sound level setting is how we made it go away.

Vote:
Upvote 0

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Same for me. Vehicle either undrivable or no pdc alarms.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom