The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

orders

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
I noticed that on the published price list last month, the Rough and Smooth packs were both listed at £1685, but on the website the Rough is £1685 while the Smooth is listed as £1365.

There seems to be a website glitch when you select the smooth pack, as when you go to the final vehicle summary it lists the rear view camera as an additional £360 charge, even though it' should already included in the smooth pack £1365 charge. The £360 doesn't seem to be rolled into the final figure though. Definitely worth checking your invoice carefully, as their website Beta testing clearly didn't catch everything.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Morning all, have just added a post to introduce myself elsewhere on the forum but to add my ordering experience in to the mix:

Deposit placed September 30th (first day)
Order placed 19th May
Anticipated Build Date Nov 2022. 

Spec as follows: 

5 seat utility 
DERV
Sela Green
17" Steels with Bridgestones
Access Ladder
Spare wheel storage box
Utility Trim
Saddle Drivers Pack
Heated Seats 
Compass with Altimeter
Utility Floor and rubber mats
Tow bar
Auxiliary Charge Points
Front and rear sensors and rear camera
Power mirrors
Heated washer jets 

What did I miss or do wrong? ?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Called INEOS today.

I wanted them to confirm what changes can be made to the car after ordering (payment) and before the estimated production month.

The rep confirmed:

1. all changes can be made up 60 days before the production date,
  2. he said the contract would need to be signed 60 days before production date, - so - no changes after signing the contract (I asked what happens if contract comes more than 60 days before production but he couldn't answer this)
  3. can't change the engine,
  4. no interior changes at all (although interior options can of course be added post purchase through the dealer),
  5. only exterior changes can be made; (e.g. colours, wheels, utility trim, tyres , ladder, roof stuff etc. - basically everything in the exterior options list)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
But base-model not changeable, I guess? i.e. from Utility to Station Wagon to Fieldmaster and back?

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Reservation date: 30 September 2021
Order confirmation: 18 May 2022
Expected production: November 2022
Model: Trailmaster (yes, I know it's "Trialmaster", but I like "Trailmaster" better ... (-; )

Extra extras (apart from the usual extras):
  • built-in winch
  • full-length roof rack
  • 270° awning
I guess, those are coming from aftermarket suppliers, not from Ineos directly. Therefore, might impact production month.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone from Germany ordered the car sucessfully?
My order does not go through, fails at the last step when I expect a confirmation. Tried at least 20 times and finally spoke to an Ineos employee. He said they have issues with the mastercard processing from foreign countries. Whatever that means, because it seems to work from Switzerland.

Bazaboy69

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
There's been at least three that I know of on here that have ordered from Germany successfully, browsers seem to be an issue especially Firefox, the best option seems to be an android phone I've heard. That is what I used and I managed to get on at 8 am as soon as the site went live with zero issues

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reservation: 30 September 2021
Confirmed order: 18/5/22
Expected production: Still waiting to hear, despite phone calls and emails
Model : Station Wagon: but email confirmation shows Utility wagon
Extras: Grey met paint/side runners/ rear camera/ladder/central stowage.
Final price differs from configuration by £1139.05 
Price list shows rear windows as standard but configuration specifies panels only.
Millions spent on vehicle development and promotion but online ordering system not stress tested and customer service back up not given sufficient training/access to resolve these glitches.................Certainly taken the shine off what was a long and highly anticipated new vehicle purchase.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is a shame. I must admit the ordering process seemed markedly more simple and glitch free for me than for many on here. I was pretty much straight through. For my I think the price went up by £900-odd for “on the road” costs, including £80 fuel! 

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Job,Thank you.I must admit I assume the extra is for "on the road costs" which, if it is, that means the price list somewhat misleading as I can't see any reference to the delivery charge. When I called them to ask they couldn't tell me but would get someone to call back. Needless to say I'm still waiting. Glad to hear your ordering experience was glitch free - when is your delivery date?

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
J8hn said:
Job,Thank you.I must admit I assume the extra is for "on the road costs" which, if it is, that means the price list somewhat misleading as I can't see any reference to the delivery charge. When I called them to ask they couldn't tell me but would get someone to call back. Needless to say I'm still waiting. Glad to hear your ordering experience was glitch free - when is your delivery date?

Deposit placed September 30th (first day)
Order placed 19th May
Anticipated Build Date Nov 2022. 

Spec as follows: 

5 seat utility 
DERV
Sela Green
17" Steels with Bridgestones
Access Ladder
Spare wheel storage box
Utility Trim
Saddle Drivers Pack
Heated Seats 
Compass with Altimeter
Utility Floor and rubber mats
Tow bar
Auxiliary Charge Points
Front and rear sensors and rear camera
Power mirrors
Heated washer jets 

How did you spec yours?

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I read somewhere that, for the 5 seat Station wagon, it wouldn't qualify as a commercial N1 if it was highly spec'd. No idea if its true but I kept mine down to basics with only the following extra's:-GreyMet, side runners, rear camera, ladder and central stowage locker. Might add a couple more bits later once we start getting answers from Ineos. For time being just focussed on trying to get my delivery slot. Well done with November.

Local time
Reaction score
As an early "adopter" I was expecting October/November 2022 in Australia, and I think it is now March 2023. I comfort myself that by the time of my build they may have ironed out some early production problems. And also it should give me time to test a production version out and hear from first owners before committing.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how accurate the build slots are?  Due to an unfortunate incident involving a steep hill, a broken half shaft and a ditch my old defender 110 is a write off. I am now possibly going to have to buy a navara or similar as I can’t wait until my build slot comes round.  Will there be any vehicles for sale in the next few months? Ex demo models or similar?  
I need mine now!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If you mean ex demo model Grenadiers, there aren’t even any of them yet (July-ish) and the dealers won’t be letting them go as they need them to pull the punters in who haven’t ordered yet and are still waiting to drive one before deciding. If you need a vehicle now you can forget getting a Grenadier. The first ones won’t be with customers until around September. I could help you out as if I get mine about then I don’t mind passing it on to you.  Â£80K to you 

In all seriousness what will be the instant resale of these things when the man who has everything decides they want one and are not prepared to wait ?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In ebay, first reservations with production month September are already offered for sale. Configuration is still possible.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m keen to hear how everyone has specced their cars, I posted mine above but have seen little else on how people have configured their cars.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TrialmasterDieselShale blue , possibly change to white with black roofTowbar,privglass,sidesteps,leather wheel,camp table , lock nuts and spare wheel cuby hole

Back
Top Bottom