The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

orders

RoadBuilder

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
Configurator shows this Class III 1-7/8" NAS Tow Hitch and electrics$740.00 when the Australian brochure lists Class III 50mm Tow Hitch and Electric as standard no extra cost. 

Two separate things: The 50mm receiver is standard. The 1-7/8” tow ball and drop hitch are optional.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
RoadBuilder said:
Two separate things: The 50mm receiver is standard. The 1-7/8” tow ball and drop hitch are optional.
That's what I thought but you can't deselect it. 
The one I had on my Mazda BT50 spent 99% of it's life under the back seat after I bashed my shins on it a couple of times

Sylvan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
That's what I thought but you can't deselect it. 
The one I had on my Mazda BT50 spent 99% of it's life under the back seat after I bashed my shins on it a couple of times

Same with me.  I don't know what they have done, but the final web price my Trialmaster with options (and the separately listed Tow hitch), is exactly the same as my planning spreadsheet that has no Tow option @$740 included.
Might be a configurator issue.  It hasn't increased the price though.

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Timing of production month based on location might make sense logistically, in terms of getting  X amount in a shipment to australia for a certain time, or intervals of time

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
ECrider said:
Tks Grendy, just checked under orders and the slot is Feb 2023 - bugger! That's this season missed then.
I reserved in Jan this year
Paid the 2k at around midday BST today I'm in UK

OK - those reserving in the initial Sept 2021 window have productions in Sept/Oct.

ECrider - you got Feb 2023 by reserving in Jan 2022.

By end of 2022 - I reckon around 7,000 will have been produced.

If so - this means there must be around 6,000 to 7,000 people reserving between 30 September 2021 and 31 December 2021.

So - All 2021 reservists should get a car before the end of 2022 or even some later because not all initial reservists will continue by paying the next payment.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I reserved mine in March 2022 and won't order until they fix the glitches in a couple of weeks.
Based on that I am probably not going to see mine until mid 2023
I reckon I am going to be at the dealers every month going for a test drive

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
you might end up getting the second edition by then - with all the little gremlins taken out!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332656545]you might end up getting the second edition by then - with all the little gremlins taken out![/QUOTE]
the loan on my current car finishes in May so that could work OK
Might use it as a trade in or as they say Part Exchange

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm getting payment errors right at the last step.  Called my bank however they couldn't see any issues.  Called Ineos Support Line and they suggested they are still having 'high traffic' and to wait a few hours and try again.

I'd like to order safari windows and a roof rack.  You cannot order both together and ideally, you wouldn't want a full roof rack but rather a 3/4 roof rack so that not to interrupt the window opening.  Is anyone else having similar thoughts and do they have a strategy to solve this?  I.e order safari windows and seek off-market 3/4 length roof rack further down the track?

Thanks

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332656382]
OK - those reserving in the initial Sept 2021 window have productions in Sept/Oct.
[/QUOTE]
At least that could be true based on comments on this forum.[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332656382]
ECrider - you got Feb 2023 by reserving in Jan 2022.

By end of 2022 - I reckon around 7,000 will have been produced.

If so - this means there must be around 6,000 to 7,000 people reserving between 30 September 2021 and 31 December 2021.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe less because of dealers getting theirs during November, December

[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332656382]
So - All 2021 reservists should get a car before the end of 2022 or even some later because not all initial reservists will continue by paying the next payment.
[/QUOTE]
I am a November reservist and my estimated build date is March 2023. I placed the order around the same hour as ECrider and he has Feb 2023 and reserved in January. So I can’t confirm that all 2021 reservist have build slots this year. Actually getting the car after it’s build might add another month depending on transport and dealers available to hand out. Also no Factory pickup offered.

It would be interesting to know what a black canvas orderer with no reservation at all would see as est. build date when ordering now. Anyone?

Further not being able to configure the non-packaged version SW nor deselecting items in the configuration is a real pain. The whole shopping experience from yesterday is underwhelming, including credit card issues, double selected options in the summary, no specs on items (such as roof rack height). 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As it is a robotic low volume production line I assume they will be batching the production at least as far as paint colours go. 
I doubt they will run 10 different colour paint lines at the same time, I may be wrong.
They could also be making a batch of 2 seat utilities this week and 5 seat Fieldmasters next week.
Just to simplify production and parts. 
We do that with our manufacturing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
crimson said:
Hi All,

I'm getting payment errors right at the last step.  Called my bank however they couldn't see any issues.  Called Ineos Support Line and they suggested they are still having 'high traffic' and to wait a few hours and try again.

I'd like to order safari windows and a roof rack.  You cannot order both together and ideally, you wouldn't want a full roof rack but rather a 3/4 roof rack so that not to interrupt the window opening.  Is anyone else having similar thoughts and do they have a strategy to solve this?  I.e order safari windows and seek off-market 3/4 length roof rack further down the track?

Thanks
Hi
There are plenty of 3/4 racks available on the market to fit on dual cab utes/pickups.
The Rhino racks they are supplying as standard are not very good in my humble opinion 
They are not the strongest out there.
I plan on adding a 33.5kg awning and would never use Rhino for that. 
I am going to use cross bars 

They come with a stated load rating but then have this disclaimer
Off Road: Any driven path taken that does not contain a surface protection layer (tar/bitumen).
Vehicle Load Limit: Total permissible weight attached to the roof of the car. This is inclusive of the weight of the roof rack system.
System Load Limit: Total permissible weight allowed on top, and attached to roof racks whilst the vehicle is in motion. 

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
Hi
There are plenty of 3/4 racks available on the market to fit on dual cab utes/pickups.
The Rhino racks they are supplying as standard are not very good in my humble opinion 
They are not the strongest out there.
I plan on adding a 33.5kg awning and would never use Rhino for that. 
I am going to use cross bars 

They come with a stated load rating but then have this disclaimer
Off Road: Any driven path taken that does not contain a surface protection layer (tar/bitumen).
Vehicle Load Limit: Total permissible weight attached to the roof of the car. This is inclusive of the weight of the roof rack system.
System Load Limit: Total permissible weight allowed on top, and attached to roof racks whilst the vehicle is in motion. 

Thanks Dave, out of interest which awning and cross bars will you be targeting for your G?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bush Company 270 XT Max awning and they recommend 3 x Sundowner cross bars 
I might put a 4th cross bar right at the front where it wont get in the way of the safari windows so I can mount a light bar on it

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB said:
As it is a robotic low volume production line I assume they will be batching the production at least as far as paint colours go. 
I doubt they will run 10 different colour paint lines at the same time, I may be wrong.
They could also be making a batch of 2 seat utilities this week and 5 seat Fieldmasters next week.
Just to simplify production and parts. 
We do that with our manufacturing.

yep I reckon this has to be part of the process. They will batch them together as best they can for efficiency's sake. If you've ordered a standard white diesel utility with bugger all accessories and no safaris and 42 other farmer Giles have then perhaps that groups you all together regardless of when paid the £450. Guess there will be slippage here and there but perhaps you may get an earlier production date if it makes sense on the efficiency scale!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FYI

I just completed my order - without a hitch (although my saved configurator from yesterday was missing many items when I opened it).

initial reservation on 14 October 2021 (day after the end of the "hands in the air" reservation period)

INEOS confirmed Estimated Build Month as November 2022.

I am in Australia - so at least +8 weeks sea freight due to global logistic problems - I'll probably be getting a late Christmas present!

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Ok this is very weird

i reserved on 15th of October (so 2 days after deadline of early hand raiser) and I ordered yesterday morning, so on the day the orders opened

but my estimated build month is June 2023.

I am in the UK

In case it helps to reverse-engineer the production schedule Ineos is following, my car is
diesel
trailmaster
ticked lots of extras, safaris etc, pretty much everything if I am honnest, hence maybe the very late production

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I think to a certain extent it must be down to the spec.

I reserved on April 22nd this year and placed my order today (having got 'Payment Error' messages all day yesterday ?) and got an estimated build date of February 2023. White diesel Station Wagon with Rough & Smooth packs, Safari Windows and a tow bar hopefully keeps it simple ?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
G-Man said:

I reserved on April 22nd this year and placed my order today (having got 'Payment Error' messages all day yesterday ?) and got an estimated build date of February 2023. White diesel Station Wagon with Rough & Smooth packs, Safari Windows and a tow bar hopefully keeps it simple ?

so if I order a £60k vehicle in a spec I don’t want and a colour I don’t want I can order and pay for one successfully then. I don’t want one but I might as well go and order a KIA Picanto and save some money then. Not a dig at you my friend but the farce seems to get even more laughable…Apart from I am not laughing over this.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
G-Man said:

I reserved on April 22nd this year and placed my order today (having got 'Payment Error' messages all day yesterday
1f621.png
) and got an estimated build date of February 2023. White diesel Station Wagon with Rough & Smooth packs, Safari Windows and a tow bar hopefully keeps it simple 
1f44d.png

i ordered green SW with rough plus smooth packs and winch. few other bits like sliders but they're the main ones. reserved jan, ordered yest - feb slot

guess we will never know the madness of the method exactly. feb though while cocks up my season a bit it does a) perhaps get them to overcome any gremlins & b) gives me more time to come up with some way of telling mrs. ecrider ive just blown a small fortune on a new motor. 

Am i trying to polish a turd. yes. wld i prefer one in oct - you betcha

Back
Top Bottom