The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

orders

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Shaky said:
Not a dig at you my friend but the farce seems to get even more laughable…Apart from I am not laughing over this.

I think they could have communicated better to manage people's expectations, but the Sales team's job is to sell hard and then leave it to the production dept to figure out how you're best going to deliver. I work for a manufacturing/engineering company and at a new product launch there's always a gap between sales targets and what can actually be built as you ramp up production.

If they've had more orders than expected they'll be falling over themselves to improve on deliveries, which is a much better problem to have than a failed launch!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332659232]FYI

I just completed my order - without a hitch (although my saved configurator from yesterday was missing many items when I opened it).

initial reservation on 14 October 2021 (day after the end of the "hands in the air" reservation period)

INEOS confirmed Estimated Build Month as November 2022.

I am in Australia - so at least +8 weeks sea freight due to global logistic problems - I'll probably be getting a late Christmas present![/QUOTE]

Well done Mark!  I finally got through from Australia as well ...just after midnight ... I took Bemax's advice and did the transaction with a (Samsung) mobile phone . The hiccup seems to be in the one-time authorisation code issued by the credit card institution. It syncs with the phone internet browser (Samsung) straight away but obviously there's a "problem" communicating through Firefox on my laptop . I also tried it with MS Edge... that kept flashing that the Ineosgrenadier web pages had "Unsafe Content"  and stalled as well!!    The $$ disappeared from my Mastercard account quick as a flash! ? However, there is as yet no confirmed build month... that's coming in the next 24hrs.
Hope this is of use to someone.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
The USA has emerged from the chat.  Orders for us open up at the end of the year with delivery being quoted starting in June/July of 2023.  I wonder for those getting a 2023 build date are doing so as the options are similar to what is only available in the States?

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
ADVAW8S said:
The USA has emerged from the chat.  Orders for us open up at the end of the year with delivery being quoted starting in June/July of 2023. 

Yeah sorry I wasn't suggesting people were placing orders in the US, just that every man and his dog were hitting up the website once the configurator had been put back up  

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
ECrider said:
while cocks up my season a bit it does a) perhaps get them to overcome any gremlins & b) gives me more time to come up with some way of telling mrs. ecrider ive just blown a small fortune on a new motor. 

Ditto on that strategy ?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
G-Man said:
Ditto on that strategy 
1f601.png
Back in the day, I had a friend who loved bicycles and he lived at home with his parents.  He was Italian so no need to leave until he was married.  As he said, he had a magic hamper.  Put clothes in and they came out on the hanger. Well living at home and making good money, he would by a new bicycle every 2 years spending close to 5 to 6 grand back in the 90's.  His mom would ask him what is wrong with the bike he had that he need a new one.  So he started getting all his bikes in red so when mom would ask he would say it is the same one.  Just order the grenadier in the same color.   

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I already employ that ‘hiding in plain sight’ technique with my newly acquired electric guitars. ? 4x4’s is a whole order of scale up from that!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
The devil often is in the details.

I am a linux only user and I usually know what I am doing. But I had cases, where firefox (in my case) had his own idea how to process my payments and the respective server-requests.

I then started firefox in "save" mode, which disables everything beyond the standard: plug-ins, configuration,AD-blockers, uBlock origin etc. And out of the box it worked.

Just a clue from an old grumpy software developer for the ones which failed ...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Thanks emax, I am using an iPad, I assumed that because people had used phones successfully that the iPad would be fine as well. Am I assuming right ?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Your issue may be safari.  Try it in chrome

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

the final price of my order devidated from my configuration by approx. 1k EUR.  ??? Any similar experiences? I comparing the options I can't find the differences. Thank you

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky said:
Thanks emax, I am using an iPad, I assumed that because people had used phones successfully that the iPad would be fine as well. Am I assuming right ?
I can not assess apple or microsoft or google products as I refuse to use them. But ADVAWS8 and as well my advice would be the first things I would try. In particular safari is known to be stubborn when it comes to allowed-vs-forbidden questions.

As I said - just a clue.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
bcadou said:
Ok this is very weird

i reserved on 15th of October (so 2 days after deadline of early hand raiser) and I ordered yesterday morning, so on the day the orders opened

but my estimated build month is June 2023.

I am in the UK

In case it helps to reverse-engineer the production schedule Ineos is following, my car is
diesel
trailmaster
ticked lots of extras, safaris etc, pretty much everything if I am honnest, hence maybe the very late production

wow - that is crazy - you reserved 1 day after me, ordered same day and get a production date 7 months after me !

I ordered lots of extras but built up a SW but the result should be almost same - except for sarfari windows & both RHD's

It must be a computer glitch!

I would contact them to query it.

The reservation/ordering/production date info is all good. but I recall an INEOS video last year (various senior people were sitting around talking about the Grenadier - design, production, sales,  etc. etc.) - anyway they said estimated first year production was 15,000 but they had the capacity to ramp it up quickly if the demand was more. Maybe this will happen as the thousands of orders flood in.

Sandman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
bcadou said:
Ok this is very weird

i reserved on 15th of October (so 2 days after deadline of early hand raiser) and I ordered yesterday morning, so on the day the orders opened

but my estimated build month is June 2023.

I am in the UK

In case it helps to reverse-engineer the production schedule Ineos is following, my car is
diesel
trailmaster
ticked lots of extras, safaris etc, pretty much everything if I am honnest, hence maybe the very late production

Well I placed an order this morning, but I had no reservations. Similar set up
Diesel
Trailmaster
with some extras, safaris windows, winch, side runners etc
Build date not confirmed yet, but if your est build month is June 23, I might be waiting a long time ?

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332664438]

wow - that is crazy - you reserved 1 day after me, ordered same day and get a production date 7 months after me !

I ordered lots of extras but built up a SW but the result should be almost same - except for sarfari windows & both RHD's

It must be a computer glitch!

I would contact them to query it.

The reservation/ordering/production date info is all good. but I recall an INEOS video last year (various senior people were sitting around talking about the Grenadier - design, production, sales,  etc. etc.) - anyway they said estimated first year production was 15,000 but they had the capacity to ramp it up quickly if the demand was more. Maybe this will happen as the thousands of orders flood in.
[/QUOTE]

thank you, Mark, I have indeed yesterday, and they replied. I have a small favour to ask you on that regard, will send you a message, thanks again

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nixon_04 said:
Hi,

the final price of my order devidated from my configuration by approx. 1k EUR.  ??? Any similar experiences? I comparing the options I can't find the differences. Thank you[/QUOTEthenen]. 

Hi, my configuration price and order cost differed by £1312.05. 

I can't remember the reason but it was something like delivery cost or tax or other addition added on at the bottom. When my invoice is ready I'll let you know what it is. 

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ECrider said:
Hi,

the final price of my order devidated from my configuration by approx. 1k EUR.  ??? Any similar experiences? I comparing the options I can't find the differences. Thank you[/QUOTEthenen]. 

Hi, my configuration price and order cost differed by £1312.05. 

I can't remember the reason but it was something like delivery cost or tax or other addition added on at the bottom. When my invoice is ready I'll let you know what it is. 
look in your order summary there is a breakdown of costs in there under invoice or in my grenadier pdf on the configuration

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tks Beg, it won't let me have an invoice and the pdf copy doesn't total the costs up for some reason. I have two configurations saved and the only difference between the two is 1) a rotopax bracket at £11 and 2) side panel - no cost.

When adding up the two side by side manually then the difference is £11 which is right. However the total amount at the bottom of the configurations added by the configurator (says how much monthly payment may be) differs by £529. Then the actual order is another £1492 on top of the manual calc.

Very odd. Will have to go thru the actual contract when I get it.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yep just checked mine and now saying invoice not available at the moment

Back
Top Bottom