The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

orders

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1332766498]In ebay, first reservations with production month September are already offered for sale. Configuration is still possible.[/QUOTE] I seem to recall them saying that reservations were nontransferable. 
This means you can't sell it until you take delivery, which in Australia means an expensive exercise

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332767332]I seem to recall them saying that reservations were nontransferable. 
This means you can't sell it until you take delivery, which in Australia means an expensive exercise[/QUOTE]

Dave I think it will be safe to say that quite a few of the first ones out will be back on sale a couple of hours after the owners take receipt of their new vehicle. I can honestly see a UK purchase price of let’s say £65k and being resold for £80k the day after. Look at the Suzuki Jimny. £17k new in the UK in 2019 but they were being resold for 19-22k on EBay, I scoffed at that, at the time. Now….drum role please……£30k with a few thousand miles on the clock !!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t think I have officially said what I have ordered so here goes. 
Trialmaster in Donny grey (but the colour that may change)

extras;
side runners
heated seats
seat covers
tinted windows
tow bar
lockable rear wheel cover

Think that’s it, I couldn’t afford much more anyway ? 

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Sylvan userid=8981940 postid=1332652217]

My estimated build month is October.  My reservation was made 30th September 2021.  I'm in Western Australia.  I'm wondering if geographical location also has an influence on build month.[/QUOTE]

My estimated build month is January.  My reservation was made 30th September 2021.  I'm in Queensland Australia????

Local time
Reaction score
West Australie, reservation 14 October, build month March.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brisbane Qld.  Reservation 13 October 2021...build month Nov 2022. I ordered a poverty pack Grenadier with the Rough Stuff option (diffs& tyres) steel 17"wheels, dark windows, the upgraded alarm and electric exterior mirrors.  Other options I'll worry about later once the LCT has been clarified. Can't see the point of a bull bar and winch (too much weight over the front end), I don't need heavy duty overhead wiring, Qld too hot for safari windows and I'm too old to be climbing on the roof (well so my grand kids tell me!?) so no rear door ladder. Looking forward to joining a "platoon" of Grenadiers converging on Fraser Island and /or Birdsville en mass??

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved: 30 Sept 2021
Ordered: 7 July 2022
Build: Jan 2023 (Australia)

SW 5 seat
Diesel
Donny Grey.

Rough Pack
Additional battery 
Auxiliary Charge Points
Tow bar 
Privacy Glass
Powered side mirrors
Saddle drivers pack
Lockable Central storage
Standard seats
Carpet

Thoughts:
 - long and hard on the safari windows. In the end didn’t choose them. Australian sun, potential for future issues, etc
 - oh how I would love the inbuilt winch. factory fitted, oh my. Couldn’t justify the $$, especially if Luxury car tax is there.
 - Lockable central storage: somewhere to rest my left elbow hopefully
 - carpet: may change mind later, if possible. Reduces road noise etc. May regret this, time will tell 
 - high load auxiliary switch panel: so close to getting it, but the $$ were adding up very quickly.
 - additional battery: factory fitted, what is not to love. Yes its not Lithium-ion etc, but it comes wired and integrated, and if the comments are correct, possibly an inverter as well. A gamble here of some sorts. 

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved: 13 Oct 2021
Ordered: 19 May 2022
Estimated build: November 2022  (Australia)

I  ordered a standard white SW with elec. mirrors, towbar, privacy glass and the Rough Pack. If the ATO decision of "no LCT applies" comes through prior to having to sign a contract then I'll add the electrics, front towbar and lockable central storage, a full height cargo divider for safety and possibly the 'side runners' to ease my arthritic hip!! (Ageing is not for sissies!?).  Roof bars etc I'll wait for post delivery... 
One aspect I couldn't get an answer on is whether by ordering carpet, does one lose the ability to "hose out the interior" ...i.e can the carpet be "reasonably" removed if anticipating a muddy/dusty trip. Was thinking especially of sand (Fraser Island trips ?)
The other issue is that in Qld, if the delivered cost of the vehicle (including LCT) rises just 1 cent above AUD$100k the stamp duty jumps an additional $2K!! So I might need to curb my add on list and wait post delivery for side runners, cargo barrier, front towbar etc. Also I'm hoping that adding the electrics, front tow bar  etc won't cause me to lose my build slot... 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Guys -

Privacy glass?

Have you ordered this because of heat issues or privacy?

The tinting doesn't include the front driver/passengers windows.

cheers

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Mark,

I ordered privacy glass, technically known on the configurator (Australian) as ‘heat reflective privacy glass’, for both heat issues and privacy….and it looks pretty good IMHO.

From the configurator description, included below, the tinting covers both the rear passenger and load space zones.

“Heat Reflective Privacy Glass - Dark tinted glazing for the rear passenger and loadspace windows. Reduces light and heat transmission for improved comfort in hot, sunny climates, plus provides enhanced security for items in the loadspace.”

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered it for privacy, I am aware it doesn’t cover the front two side windows but in the UK you can’t have those heavily tinted at all for road safety. The police will either fine you or make you peel it off whilst they are watching you. I just don’t want everything I have in the back on show.  I did toy with the back window delete and then decided it would be too dark inside.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332993799]Guys -

Privacy glass?

cheers[/QUOTE]

Mark, have you looked at the price of window tinting lately. I too though that the cost for privacy glass was a joke - but if you factor in the price of window tinting 6 windows - then $670AUD is pretty good in my book.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Shaky userid=8970976 postid=1332993904]Ordered it for privacy, I am aware it doesn’t cover the front two side windows but in the UK you can’t have those heavily tinted at all for road safety. The police will either fine you or make you peel it off whilst they are watching you. I just don’t want everything I have in the back on show.  I did toy with the back window delete and then decided it would be too dark inside.[/QUOTE]

Most Australian States  allow tinting of all windows except the windscreen (apart from the sunscreen band across the top).

What I was concerned about was whether the "privacy glass" was the type which is dyed during production, or tinted post-production.  The former might provide "privacy" but can be minimally effective in filtering out infra red and ultraviolet rays. Post production tint  film, especially the ceramic type is very effective in this regard, as well as providing privacy. Tint film from experience is also effective in preventing shattering from  wayward stones... (still cracked but didn't shatter everywhere)

Living in the sub-tropics, the IR/UV filtering is more important to me than privacy, though it does make it more difficult for would be thieves to scan the interior!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn’t help there my friend. As an observation tinting I have had straight from the factory does not appear to be applied after the production. I think the important thing to take away from the Ineos site is “privacy glass”. 
so that may not be effective against the suns rays and heat etc. 

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
I plan on having it done post pick up across all my windows.  Need to stop the camera flashes from the paparazzi.   JK

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
This is what Ineos answered to my question:

“The tinted glass is a 13% tint and is only fitted to the second and third row windows and the rear window. A film is applied to the glass only in the USA.“

Hope it helps.But I dont believe the statement concerning the film for US cars. Why should they do it? 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is listed as heat reflective privacy glass. 
So we can all stop commenting on if it will block sunlight and heat.
Unless they are going with something different to nearly all other manufacturers then the film between the layers of laminated glass will be tinted and have the heat reflective properties. 
Something like the 3M film.
It is not put on the inside of the glass and certainly never put on the outside. 
If anyone ever puts tint film on the outside of your windows then don’t pay them. 

Back
Top Bottom