The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Order now in USA and delivery when

Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
I ordered in Texas a couple weeks ago and my preorder indicates delivery in "2Q 2024". Dealer's system says Aug XX, 2024.
Anyone know where the truth lies?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I ordered in Texas a couple weeks ago and my preorder indicates delivery in "2Q 2024". Dealer's system says Aug XX, 2024.
Given that it is 6-8+ months out, that wiggle room (Q2 to Q3) seems like a pretty narrow window....

You won't get a more accurate date at this point

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Dealers have cancelled orders...I wonder how those will be shared. Seems like the next new order should get the right of first refusal if its in the ballpark.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my order number is 263x6
Hi Salj, You have the highest order number I have seen posted so far. I am in the 14,000 range. Does this mean there have been another 12,000 orders? If so, Sir Jim is going to be happy. DaBull

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealers have cancelled orders...I wonder how those will be shared. Seems like the next new order should get the right of first refusal if its in the ballpark.

Hello Roach my brain refuses to work today. Can you provide additional information? I am assuming that the dealers cancel the orders based on the customers' decision?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I think he did not mean dealers have (verb) cancelled orders, but rather they will have vehicles from orders that were cancelled by the pre-order placing customers.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi Salj, You have the highest order number I have seen posted so far. I am in the 14,000 range. Does this mean there have been another 12,000 orders? If so, Sir Jim is going to be happy. DaBull
I’ve not been keeping up with this thread, but order numbers have been random over here, the only number that was sequential is the VIN; is it different for you guys?
I think Ineos dont want competitors knowing the pipeline, makes sense. They might tell people total orders, but generally havent over here. The odd approximate comment here and there.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
The truth lies when your vehicle arrives at the port, hopefully things may be better next year. So far for us in AU this happens -I guy near me ordered then canceled his order in October 2022 and then re ordered in March 2023 received his this week ( I STILL have not received my vehicle ordered in Nov 2022), someone else talked his neighbour into buying one 2 months after he ordered and his neighbour received his first. There is no logic to the way Ineos allocate builds/ships, it all seems so random.

Last edited:

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The truth lies when your vehicle arrives at the port, hopefully things may be better next year. So far for us in AU this happens -I guy near me ordered canceled his order in October 2022 and re ordered in March 2023 received his this week ( I STILL have not received my vehicle ordered in Nov 2022), someone not far from me talked his neighbour into buying one 2 months after he ordered and his neighbour received his first. There is no logic to the way Ineos allocate builds/ships, it all seems so random.
I would think from a logistics perspective they probably are built in batches based on trim level (trialmaster vs fieldmaster), diesel/ petrol, RHD/LHD, colors (to include 2 tone roof, safari wondows), winch, aux electrics etc. So regardless of your order number it really will be based on the timeline of production for your specification.

I know from experience with other manufacturers that is the case. Over the summer I was checking out the new Defender and my LR dealer told me if I wanted a custom order it would be a few months as the window had just closed and LR was shifting production to other models before they started up with a batch of Defender builds agin.

20 years ago I toured the BMW assembly line in Munich where the 3 series was being built. Every car coming off the line that day was a 2 door gray color specification. Much more efficient to manufacture a vehicle in batches of same colors/ options than random iterations I would think!

Back
Top Bottom