The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Offroad ability

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
I'll be following the Australian testing with interest. All the testing videos I've watched so far , including those labelled "extreme" are by Australian standards , quite tame. And they are shot with a presumably unloaded vehicle.Much as I want one , and want the platform to work , it will take a lot to knock the Landcruiser off its pedestal. By global standards , the Aussie Grenadier market will be a small but important one in establishing credibility.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
I think you really hit the nail on the head there Tazzieman

It would be good if they pulled off the Canning like Mercedes’ tried to do with the G on its press launch way back when.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know the Grenadier Turning Circle and how it compares with the Land Rover Defender or the Land Cruiser 70 series?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1331913804]Anyone know the Grenadier Turning Circle and how it compares with the Land Rover Defender or the Land Cruiser 70 series?[/QUOTE]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my googling revealsIneos G 13.6m
LRD 110 12.8m
Toyota 70 Troopy 13.6m

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
That 13.5/6m figure for the Grenadier is from an Autocar article early in the 2b programme. so I would hope that things have moved on a little since then. The full paragraph says:

"The prototypes we drove had yet to receive the latest steering software. Right now, they work at a rather long-winded 3.5 turns lock to lock, giving them a less-than-precise feel at higher speeds and lack of self-centring of the steering wheel. A 13.5-metre turning circle also hampers overall manoeuvrability at lower speeds. “We’re working on it,” says Heilmann. “There are some solutions in the pipeline that we think will greatly improve it in this respect.”"

Back
Top Bottom