The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Novel theory on the lack of US service centers.

Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
The dealers don't want them.

I ask myself, "What would motivate a person or entity to not even comment on a situation that everyone knows exists, but isn't being addressed?"

Possibly avoiding a lose lose situation while the roll out is happening? If they say certified centers aren't coming or delayed years, some of this customer base will walk or flip out. Enough that it would hurt I'm sure.

On the other hand.... what if providing service centers pisses off the dealers?

I mean, there had to be a deal to prevent massive markups permitted by the US system. And Dealers traditionally only make 25-30% of the profits on the actual sale of a car so giving that gravy up had to be painful. The rest comes from service, options and finance. Would the dealers really care if I had to drive 4.5 hrs each way to clear a check engine light or have warranty work done? . They want me to come back for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Whats the impact? Let's take me for example, if it's drive-able that's either $1.00 mile prorated wear and tear/fuel plus tolls and 10hrs of my company time billable for the employee for a simple 1 hour repair, or a flatbed one or both ways for something complicated/overnight.

BTW, I got a flatbed one way to the dealer quote and its $3500.00 plus expenses. The warranty becomes useless to me.

Back
Top Bottom