The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Warranties Being Offered

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello Smart People,
Would appreciate thoughts on Warranties coverage - the Base 5 yr provided by Ineos (where can one find a detailed breakdown of this warranty) and one being offered by Triad.
Triad:
TechCare is for the person only concerned about electronics coverage:
10yr/100,000 miles -$3,995

PowerCare
is for the person only concerned about powertrain coverage:

10yr/100,000 miles -$3,995

TotalCare
is for the person that wants to cover both:

8yr/85,000 miles -$5,995
10yr/100,000 miles -$6,395

There is also a recommended bundle that runs concurrently with your warranty. This option is recommended for a worry-free ownership experience.
The bundle that includes tire & wheel coverage, windshield replacement, key replacement, and dent repair is called Select Plus. It is $2,995.

I have attached the Total Care info provided by Triad - appears to be a "generic" company (not Ineos brand).

Mind you I do not have a "Mechanical" Garage. I am 3.5 hrs away from Triad but there is Sarek Autoweke in Richmond (BMW, Mini or Land Rover independent service) ~1.5 hrs away.

Tremendously appreciate everyones contributions !

What others have been offered by other Dealers.

Thank you!

Attachments

• EC_POP_VSC_Blotter.pdf
    937.8 KB · Views: 10

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, and the details. I'm still pre-delivery and haven't had anything proposed by my dealer. Will see what comes up.

I'm sure you know this but the time-proven advice is: it's usually cheaper to "self-insure". i.e. don't buy an extended policy and then just pay out of pocket if/when things come up. You'll be ahead of the game most of the time. If this wasn't true then insurance companies wouldn't be in business; they're not going to charge you less than they're paying out for you.

BUT of course, if your vehicle is the exception and a real lemon then you'll make lots of extended claims and the insurance company WILL actually pay you more than you paid them. Of course none of us know in advance if we're getting a truck built carelessly at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon, lol, until it's too late.

These policies are very expensive peace of mind. Which is kind of what a sensibly engineered 4x4 truck is in the first place!

I'm torn because I want to believe the Grenadier is built to a higher standard of durability and reliability than the usual disposable cars which these insurance policies are designed to make money on from years 5 to 10.

ADDED: I worry about two things on the Grenadier after the factory warranty runs out ... corrosion and major drivetrain failure. The extended policies specifically don't cover corrosion. I don't really care about dents and glass and interior and other superficial, non-functional coverage. It's either cheap to fix or doesn't matter, because it's just what will happen to a 10+ year old truck. So my internal question is: do I want to pay $5k+ to protect me against unlikely but expensive motor/transmission/diff problems from years 5 to 10? Or roll the dice and pay if/when it comes up... (banking/investing it in the mean time, which is exactly the insurance underwriter's business model)

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
Extended warranties are almost unheard of in Australia (only commonin the secondhand market) . We have consumer law which states that an item must be fit for purpose and have longevity in common with similar products. Mitsubishi and a few other manufacturers have 7 year warranties.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Extended warranties are almost unheard of in Australia (only commonin the secondhand market) . We have consumer law which states that an item must be fit for purpose and have longevity in common with similar products. Mitsubishi and a few other manufacturers have 7 year warranties.
While this is interesting to hear... This subforum/post is North American specific :)

For @Catpaw4x4 Honestly I would wait to consider the extended warranty as your factory warranty is running out.

The vast majority of extended warranties (whether through the manufacturer or a true third party) have no difference in cost or term as long as they are added while the factory warranty is in effect (even with 10 miles left).

Back
Top Bottom