The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas North Texas Grenadier Owners Page

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Just got mine home! The folks at Sewell were great to work with. Weather sucks, but drive home was great.
Congrats on your Grenadier. Mine has been in transit for a few weeks, I have no idea when it will arrive and neither does Sewell or the MFR. Someone in Houston gave me a heads up that when he picked his up his interior and upholstery was loaded with protectant, did Sewell do that to yours when you took delivery or did they just unwrap MFR packaging and inspect the vehicle handing it to you nice and new?

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats on your Grenadier. Mine has been in transit for a few weeks, I have no idea when it will arrive and neither does Sewell or the MFR. Someone in Houston gave me a heads up that when he picked his up his interior and upholstery was loaded with protectant, did Sewell do that to yours when you took delivery or did they just unwrap MFR packaging and inspect the vehicle handing it to you nice and new?
Nice name!!!!!

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They just unwrapped it. No protectant of any kind. Just clean and new. Loving the vehicle so far. Hope you get yours soon. I still have no idea when I’ll get the trailer hitch though.

TxGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They just unwrapped it. No protectant of any kind. Just clean and new. Loving the vehicle so far. Hope you get yours soon. I still have no idea when I’ll get the trailer hitch though.
That's great to hear, thank you for confirming. I'm glad you love it so far...I've seen many people complaining about the steering, I noticed the difference from my Jeep Grand Cherokee while on the test drive at Sewell but it didn't seem so bad.

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had already picked up 2 chips in the windshield and had them filled. I took it to Tint Experts in Fort Worth tintexperts.net and had Exoshield Ultra put on. These guys were great to work with and did an excellent job. This material is pretty thick about 10 mil and is crystal clear, cant even tell its on there. Lets hope this prevents any more damage from happening. I went through 3 windshields on my JLU in a year and a half.

Attachments

• Exoshield.jpg
    Exoshield.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 14

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had already picked up 2 chips in the windshield and had them filled. I took it to Tint Experts in Fort Worth tintexperts.net and had Exoshield Ultra put on. These guys were great to work with and did an excellent job. This material is pretty thick about 10 mil and is crystal clear, cant even tell its on there. Lets hope this prevents any more damage from happening. I went through 3 windshields on my JLU in a year and a half.
@Jimbo, if you don't mind me asking, could you give a ballpark figure for installation please? Thank you!

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jimbo, if you don't mind me asking, could you give a ballpark figure for installation please? Thank you!
Not at all. it was $750.00. Not cheap, but I'm sure less than the cost of a replacement windshield. They did have to keep it overnight, they need several hours to make sure the materail sets correctly.

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am currently working with a company on a prototype for our Grenadiers windshields. It will be a triple layer peel-off product similar to the product from Racing Optics Jeep JL windshields. I have been using the R.O. product on my Jeep 392 for about a year with "knock-on-wood" no chips/cracks and love it. I had already purchased the R.O. product right before I PPF wrapped my entire Jeep when the guys doing the install told me about the new Exoshield product. I will let everyone how this prototype film pans out as soon as I get it back and installed. Please keep me updated on how the Exoshield works out as I hate replacing windshields.

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am currently working with a company on a prototype for our Grenadiers windshields. It will be a triple layer peel-off product similar to the product from Racing Optics Jeep JL windshields. I have been using the R.O. product on my Jeep 392 for about a year with "knock-on-wood" no chips/cracks and love it. I had already purchased the R.O. product right before I PPF wrapped my entire Jeep when the guys doing the install told me about the new Exoshield product. I will let everyone how this prototype film pans out as soon as I get it back and installed. Please keep me updated on how the Exoshield works out as I hate replacing windshields.
That is really interesting! I hate replacing them too, I will keep you updated.

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday we were headed north on 281 just north of Lampasas. Pretty cool to have our first sighting of another Grenadier headed south. Looked like MM.
This is the first one we have seen out in the wild since we picked up ours on November.

purplefrogfan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a question or 2. Been following Ineos and got a reservation and a preorder # long time ago. I did not however talk to Sewell as I was on the fence about the vehicle. Just on chance i test drove it 2 weeks ago with my son and I just loved it. Now Sewell called me and said my ORDERED vehicle will be in in the next few weeks which totally surprised me. Did anyone have this experience or doing a reservation and preoder and finding out they built your vehicle with no purchase order or $ down?

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
I believe that everyone here that pre-ordered has the same experience as you. Sewell is the dealer that Ineos is working with since they are most likely geographically closest to your location.

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Did anyone have their Grenadier come in on the Tirranna on march 12th? And if you did have you heard anything regarding delivery to your dealer? Sewell said they don’t get any notice until they get a transport notice from the port once it starts their way. Getting antsy to take delivery. After 2 years waiting, you would think I could handle another week or two. But just knowing it is on US soil kicked my anticipation into overdrive.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a question or 2. Been following Ineos and got a reservation and a preorder # long time ago. I did not however talk to Sewell as I was on the fence about the vehicle. Just on chance i test drove it 2 weeks ago with my son and I just loved it. Now Sewell called me and said my ORDERED vehicle will be in in the next few weeks which totally surprised me. Did anyone have this experience or doing a reservation and preoder and finding out they built your vehicle with no purchase order or $ down?
Hi purplefrogfan, Yes, it's refreshing that you can pre-order a custom vehicle and not have to put any
non-refundable deposit up and have the right to just walk away. We are trusting them and they are trusting us. Old time mutual respect. DaBull

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Did anyone have their Grenadier come in on the Tirranna on march 12th? And if you did have you heard anything regarding delivery to your dealer? Sewell said they don’t get any notice until they get a transport notice from the port once it starts their way. Getting antsy to take delivery. After 2 years waiting, you would think I could handle another week or two. But just knowing it is on US soil kicked my anticipation into overdrive.

I feel your pain Bigstein. I hope that you get the call soon. I'm hoping for me as well. Two years is too long for anybody! :)

BTW - I wanted to share with you a picture of my Stein that I picked up in Germany.

1711598924061.jpg

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you're driving your new Grenadier home, it will be as if the antsiness never happened.

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
I feel your pain Bigstein. I hope that you get the call soon. I'm hoping for me as well. Two years is too long for anybody! :)

BTW - I wanted to share with you a picture of my Stein that I picked up in Germany.

View attachment 7850117

Now that is a Big Stein! Love it. (y)

I know it will be here when it gets here, But have to say the communication all the way around is horrible. I know more about the progress and whereabouts of my Grenadier than INEOS and my dealer. Just have to laugh and have a little faith.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Exciting to watch all the new future owners on here as they anxiously await delivery like we did!! I waited 4 years and followed since 2019.

You're going to smile for miles!!!!!!!! I have 4500 miles on mine now, still grinning ear to ear.

Back
Top Bottom