The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

None commercial version of the station wagon?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Moving the seats back will be the first thing that I do on mine. I hope they haven’t welded the holes up, I doubt they will as this will be something that would have to be done by hand. My bet is that they will just be plugged with bolts. I did contemplate leaving them as they are but having sat in the back with the driving seat adjusted to my position there is not enough legroom in the back for even my 12 year old daughter. If they have welded the holes I’ll drill and tap them.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Are the N1 speed limits in the UK a matter of registration or actual use? In other words, do they apply to all N1-registered vehicles or only to commercially operated N1 vehicles?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I think the speed limit issue has already had plenty of Guinea pigs with the pick ups (Rangers, Hilux etc) whilst I have heard of some people being caught out doing the non commercial speed limits in a commercial vehicle, it doesn’t seem to be epidemic proportions.

There might be some very clever camera systems that will pick you up and spot the difference but most just measure actual speed.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In 99% of cases, I won't have any passengers in the back seats. So I don't care until a passenger complains about too little legroom.
In 99% of the distances driven, I won't have passengers either, but in the few cases I do it will be my daughters in law, sons, grand-children, the daughter, step-son or brother of my partner, And - it is a pity they almost did disappear - hitch hikers! I almost always pick them up! I hitch-hiked myself on 3 continents, and didn't pay my debt back sufficiently.
Therefore, it is OK to have some more legroom!

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I think the speed limit issue has already had plenty of Guinea pigs with the pick ups (Rangers, Hilux etc) whilst I have heard of some people being caught out doing the non commercial speed limits in a commercial vehicle, it doesn’t seem to be epidemic proportions.

There might be some very clever camera systems that will pick you up and spot the difference but most just measure actual speed.
In the UK it is based on registration data; if you are nicked by a person, they may pick up the N1/M1 difference, depending how carefully they read the APNR data. If you get nicked by a camera, it will get the commercial limits!

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Numpty question - Is the upper seat belt position the same for N1 & M1 ?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Moving the seats back will be the first thing that I do on mine. I hope they haven’t welded the holes up, I doubt they will as this will be something that would have to be done by hand. My bet is that they will just be plugged with bolts. I did contemplate leaving them as they are but having sat in the back with the driving seat adjusted to my position there is not enough legroom in the back for even my 12 year old daughter. If they have welded the holes I’ll drill and tap them.
Whoever gets the first N1 will have to confirm if the seat move is possible. On the PT versions I’ve seen, the holes are there and just filled with a stud screw. If the production ones are the same, happy days and it’ll be a few hours to sort including fettling the c piller plastic trim.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Relatively new here.....from the US website description it looks the same less passenger space for utility vs Belstaff. How much less? Can someone point me to some specifics? I am sure there is a thread here but I searched and cannot find.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ones on the US config are all the same with regards to seating. The differences have to do with seat materials, lockers, sun windows, etc. we do not get a “commercial“ version like the guys are talking about here.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
The ones on the US config are all the same with regards to seating. The differences have to do with seat materials, lockers, sun windows, etc. we do not get a “commercial“ version like the guys are talking about here.

Good to know. The US configurator has this where it does describe a difference but this could be language from another country. I am hoping we will get more info when closer to ordering:

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 9.08.38 PM.png

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Relatively new here.....from the US website description it looks the same less passenger space for utility vs Belstaff. How much less? Can someone point me to some specifics? I am sure there is a thread here but I searched and cannot find.
The second and third pages of this pocket guide make the differences clearer - seats further forwards on the commercial version.

Attachments

• Pocket Guide (1).pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 22

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whoever gets the first N1 will have to confirm if the seat move is possible. On the PT versions I’ve seen, the holes are there and just filled with a stud screw. If the production ones are the same, happy days and it’ll be a few hours to sort including fettling the c piller plastic trim.
And the different brackets for the half height cargo barrier.

And maybe check the clearance of the lower trim section immediately behind the seat.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice. 👍

As an aside, I'd be curious to know why the like of the new Defender apparently need to blank their rear passenger windows for commercial status but the Grenadier does not?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice. 👍

As an aside, I'd be curious to know why the like of the new Defender apparently need to blank their rear passenger windows for commercial status but the Grenadier does not?
But the LWB passenger Defender has those stupid blocks on the windows. It's my understanding that there in a pillar that runs through there, making the rear-side window pretty small.

VeokkuN9RgWH50y2PTfI.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom